Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

flinux

Postby flinux » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Don't be desperate. The last week I've lost ~100 pips. It's the market. Other weeks i've got 100% winning trades. Again, it's the market. The best thing (and the only one) is to have a good money management strategy. Ever with random trades (if >50% of them are winners one), with a good MM.. make you earn a lot of money.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm

better to say....

If I only had way smaller SL, I would have lost small pips, and could have reentered at the bottom of that swing and have profited overall.

lukx wrote:and of course price on EU went up to the level of my morning entry... :(

If only I had SL lower than ZL I wouldn't got hit :(
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm

lukx wrote:and of course price on EU went up to the level of my morning entry... :(

If only I had SL lower than ZL I wouldn't got hit :(
I shoulda, what if, only if I woulda------emotions emotions emotions

No------ u should have never had any where near as large a stop that you had in the first place

I am on my phone and don't have a chart handy

But from your last chart your stop was right where you should have been looking to get in if u were feeling long based off that or whatever your basis was to take it to the daily zl and then either-----hold onto it once in profit to your target, trade in and out based on pa to your target or get out on pa.
------------------
You got in and went into hope mode-----if you ever start hoping for something to happen just close the freking position

Do u see what I am saying in my other post?

Or am I wasting my time?
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Didn't trade today...
I was thinking in these 2 entries. The one on the top was bit before high impact news, thus not entered. Has aiming to get a long trade which wouldn't have worked out.

Second one was good for 55 pips. Didn't take it as it was coming from the daily lowest low, and chickened out taking a short at that level.

WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

mario75

Postby mario75 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm

lukx wrote:well after today I think I'm done with trading forex.
I got hit really bad today I took long on EU and it went down fast.
I guess I don;t see it and will never do.
Good luck guys with your trading hope for you fortune be better.

Lukx don't give up! Remember - polish people never give up! :)

Sabaton 40-1
Last edited by mario75 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

nelreth

Postby nelreth » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey Lukx

Don't give up so easy ;) - I still have my first deposit on oanda on which right now I have little under 50% under of my starting balance - looking right now on my trading 2 years ago it make me laugh :]
After many lost trades I was very depressed about trading, forex etc .... and I had break for almost 2 years

Right now I can see that for me the best combination is MZ with PA e.g. GBPUSD today 17:00 (CEST) the price falls very nice to support at D1 around 1.6393 - 1.6371 and on H1 chart You had clean pinbar and one more thing - draw fibo at H4 from 1.6112 to 1.6740 see where is 50% :) MZ You will find at M15 and M5 - just to enter

Again - don't give up - find Your way to trading and try try try try

Regards

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:51 pm

es/pip wrote:
lukx wrote:es/pip, I tried TRO DTB method but scalping for 5 pips with huge drawdowns didn't work for me, and his other way are totally mystical for me. He's just dropping screenshot and expect everyone to understand what he is doing.

Here's mine chart. I guess it was my mistake but I was looking at bigge rpicture daily and I was aiming for longerterm trade for about 200 pips

I was looking at this aim:

let me say this first

if you are going to continue to try and make trading work for you, you r going to have to take a never give up never quit attitude. THat you emotionaly and mentaly will not accept anything less than what you want. Then you make it happen

trading is 5-10% knowledge and 90-95 % emotions--- or somewhere around that

i have been looking at charts and trying to trade for 12 years

6 years ago i started making steady money and it has just got better from there

i lost more money than you could imagine----my money, others peoples money and borrowed money

i had no real idea what i was doing, but finaly figured it out

you are presented with info from everyone on this site that contributes that allows you to significatly reduce your potential learning curve.

Trading is not for everyone. If its not for you then quit and save yourself the pain of going thru the learning curve. If it is for you then you have to change your attitude and make it work.

and lastly----- i cant believe i am going to say this again---- no matter what stye anyone is learning to trade EITHER TRADE DEMO OR AT A $ PER PIP THAT HAS NO POSITVE/NEGATIVE IMPACT ON YOUR ACCOUNT---- this will save you $$$$$ and your sanity

then when YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING then start applying %'s and risk and grow your account

on that trade

sigh

the only acceptable reason to have that large of a stop is if you have been playing the whole way up getting in and out and adding pips( from profits) to your stop with your end target in mind

look at how far it has moved off the bottom

you have large amounts of held profit below you

you got in half way up the move( with no profits) and took a new position --with risking a huge stop 1/2 of the move up

sigh

Profitable trading on a consistant basis takes time. If you need to find out by yourself it takes several years. If someone who knows all the stuff can take you by hand you can trade very fast but the emotional learning curve is the next obstacle.
Everybody needs to get it under controle and it ends all with sort of a plan.
If that happens i do that or that and so on.
I teach people in my home country trading the forex. Some of my students are making money within a month or two (after a few days together with me) When they start trading alone they face the emotional part of trading and losing money. The trick is when you see loss take it as soon as possible and find a new entry nothing fancy about that. But it is the difference between losers and winners.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

being away today cost some good pips-------------

had to take care of some things

no way to tell ---for sure with out being here in real time, but i know i would have made something

JTurnbull

Postby JTurnbull » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 pm

dragon33 wrote:
es/pip wrote:
lukx wrote:es/pip, I tried TRO DTB method but scalping for 5 pips with huge drawdowns didn't work for me, and his other way are totally mystical for me. He's just dropping screenshot and expect everyone to understand what he is doing.

Here's mine chart. I guess it was my mistake but I was looking at bigge rpicture daily and I was aiming for longerterm trade for about 200 pips

let me say this first

if you are going to continue to try and make trading work for you, you r going to have to take a never give up never quit attitude. THat you emotionaly and mentaly will not accept anything less than what you want. Then you make it happen

i lost more money than you could imagine----my money, others peoples money and borrowed money

you are presented with info from everyone on this site that contributes that allows you to significatly reduce your potential learning curve.

Trading is not for everyone. If its not for you then quit and save yourself the pain of going thru the learning curve. If it is for you then you have to change your attitude and make it work.

and lastly----- i cant believe i am going to say this again---- no matter what stye anyone is learning to trade EITHER TRADE DEMO OR AT A $ PER PIP THAT HAS NO POSITVE/NEGATIVE IMPACT ON YOUR ACCOUNT---- this will save you $$$$$ and your sanity

then when YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING then start applying %'s and risk and grow your account

on that trade

sigh

the only acceptable reason to have that large of a stop is if you have been playing the whole way up getting in and out and adding pips( from profits) to your stop with your end target in mind

you got in half way up the move( with no profits) and took a new position --with risking a huge stop 1/2 of the move up

sigh

Profitable trading on a consistant basis takes time. If you need to find out by yourself it takes several years. If someone who knows all the stuff can take you by hand you can trade very fast but the emotional learning curve is the next obstacle.
I teach people in my home country trading the forex. Some of my students are making money within a month or two (after a few days together with me) When they start trading alone they face the emotional part of trading and losing money. The trick is when you see loss take it as soon as possible and find a new entry nothing fancy about that. But it is the difference between losers and winners.

You have to have a detachment of sorts from your money. I try to not even think about the value at all and trade it as if it were a demo acct. As long as you stick to your rules and dont try to make it all up on 1 trade you will do well. just take in everything here. Like dragon said before trade a demo acct for 200 trades and if you are profitable then use your own funds.
Up or Down I dont care, as long as i am with it

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 pm

dragon33 wrote:
es/pip wrote:

let me say this first

on that trade

sigh

sigh

"The trick is when you see loss take it as soon as possible and find a new entry nothing fancy about that. But it is the difference between losers and winners."

exactly

its frustrating as all hell ----for me at least

if you are struggling to make steady pips

1. trade on demo/ or small $ per pip that does not impact your account---- i prefer people trade live-small size----- very few people have the discipline to trade demo like they would trade live with real money-------- really doesn't matter either way--- just do one or the other

2. convince yourself that you know what you are doing. build an emotional foundation to work off of.

3. then start a money management that you are emotionally ok with

or

just continue to struggle and blow out accounts-------------

i did it for 5 years straight ---- blowing account after account

save your self the agony

its a simple process

Return to “TheRumpledOne”