Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 am

kaybee123 wrote:
Braathen wrote:Is this anygood? looks great on my pc but ofc it may not look great for u guys.. comments plx

View My Video
Braathen,
your video looks good to me on my pc, what software did you use for that ?

Sorry i edited my post again.. its the link at the top.. screen recorder thing

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Andy123

Postby Andy123 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks for the offer of a video Dragon, here's a great piece of software, CamTasia, that produces great video.

Free 30 day trial : http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasiatrial.asp

Thank you

marypipins

Postby marypipins » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:42 pm

I think a video is a great idea.. I think it would help greatly.. its also better than my idea of doing a deep brain probe on Dragon or es/pip..much less painful...lol
Lisa
"Give and it shall be given unto you"

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

flossnhoss wrote:Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. I had read it a few months ago and passed on, but have recently come back with a restored interest.

First off, many thanks to TRO, MO, dragon, es/pip and the other main contributors to this thread. It's quite a buffet of information. You all are truly too kind to take your own time to help others out.

I hope to start sharing my own trades here shortly, in the hope I can also help those that are passing through here on their own journey.

As someone relatively new to the Mighty Zone, I wanted to toss in my newby perspective and offer a suggestion to those helping out and posting charts.

I believe at this point in the thread, there have been literally hundreds of pictures showing entries and exits (again, many thanks). I think visually, after the fact, anyone reading this post should be able to understand how this works.

However, what I think might be very helpful, or more valuable, is some comments on your perception of price action before you enter a trade, and perhaps while you are in the trade (with more images too of course). More specifically meaning, what you like to see, and don't like to see (that's very general I know).

As these trades are retracements, the biggest question I always find myself asking is "Is this a retracement, or a reversal?". And while you will never know prior to a trade, and this question is also relative to time, I am thinking some comments on this could be helpful. Think of it as an 'anatomy' of a trade if you will... from start to finish showing what is seen on each timeframe of interest. Those prior posts showing which timeframe the zone and/or zline is from is definitely along the same idea. This would expand on that. Just an suggestion!

Anyway, just kind of blabbering, with really just an intention to help facilitate those that know how to do this successfully, with those who are just starting out.

Happy pipping

-floss

You will do well if you understand that it is only the momo at the high and low pivots that matter.
After you spot the momo you are simply trading trading away from a line.

Wha wha waht line? :shock:

Any line in the zone &, if you are trading daily momo, the daily highs after momo is also a great place to start.

That mid trend momentum trading is usually a mistake as it is often a great place to liquidate a large position when traders that missed the move are desperate to get in.

Daily, weekly, monthly, & yearly charts are the charts that I look at.

Find momentum and drop down to a small time frame chart, but do not forget that what you are doing is trading the high time frame.

Exit prior to a reversal if you sense one and enter at a better price.

Exit once or twice because thrice will miss the move.

How do you trade?

There are only 2 extremes and price will move a hundred or hundreds of pips from either one.

You have a 50/50 shot or better at a 50% gain.

Just do it!

:x :x :x :x :roll: :roll:

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Remember what H. Rearden said:

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

If price is NOT making a new low then it must be reversing from the low.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jahjahblessed

simulate past days in mt4

Postby jahjahblessed » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:49 pm

JTurnbull wrote:Anyone know if you can simulate past days in mt4. i want to be able to go over past data but not in a way that i see the outcome ahead of time. Basically i want to trade a certain timeframe like it hasnt happened yet. Thanks

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=60849

works great follow the direction in the forum after making a template, you can add indicators even tor"s Multi meters and the Zlines but it only works for the time frame your testing, the custom candle works eg. if your on a M5 chart custom candle for any time frames. But see for your self.
transform to PIP"S FARI

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Napoleon Hill

JAHJAHBLESSED

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Dragon
Here's a free software that can be used for desktop sharing. One of the features is that you can record a session for future playback. Haven't used it, just a similar (paid service) called webex. I'll inquiry about other recording possibilities.

http://www.mikogo.com/en/product/features/

dragon33 wrote:
PTG wrote:
flossnhoss wrote:Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. I had read it a few months ago and passed on, but have recently come back with a restored interest.

First off, many thanks to TRO, MO, dragon, es/pip and the other main contributors to this thread. It's quite a buffet of information. You all are truly too kind to take your own time to help others out.

I hope to start sharing my own trades here shortly, in the hope I can also help those that are passing through here on their own journey.

As someone relatively new to the Mighty Zone, I wanted to toss in my newby perspective and offer a suggestion to those helping out and posting charts.

I believe at this point in the thread, there have been literally hundreds of pictures showing entries and exits (again, many thanks). I think visually, after the fact, anyone reading this post should be able to understand how this works.

However, what I think might be very helpful, or more valuable, is some comments on your perception of price action before you enter a trade, and perhaps while you are in the trade (with more images too of course). More specifically meaning, what you like to see, and don't like to see (that's very general I know).

As these trades are retracements, the biggest question I always find myself asking is "Is this a retracement, or a reversal?". And while you will never know prior to a trade, and this question is also relative to time, I am thinking some comments on this could be helpful. Think of it as an 'anatomy' of a trade if you will... from start to finish showing what is seen on each timeframe of interest. Those prior posts showing which timeframe the zone and/or zline is from is definitely along the same idea. This would expand on that. Just an suggestion!

Anyway, just kind of blabbering, with really just an intention to help facilitate those that know how to do this successfully, with those who are just starting out.

Happy pipping

-floss

Perhaps it might be an idea for someone to record an instruction video of relevant parts of a live trade and post it :idea:

I would love to do that if i knew how to do it. Trading takes lots of time focus. Making a video takes also a lot of focus doing it together seems difficult to me because i don't know how to do it.
Maybe someone can point me in a direction where i can try in the weekends some settings. If i feel comfortabel with the software without harming my trading i will make a video how i trade!
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

JTurnbull

Re: simulate past days in mt4

Postby JTurnbull » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 pm

jahjahblessed wrote:
JTurnbull wrote:Anyone know if you can simulate past days in mt4. i want to be able to go over past data but not in a way that i see the outcome ahead of time. Basically i want to trade a certain timeframe like it hasnt happened yet. Thanks

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=60849

works great follow the direction in the forum after making a template, you can add indicators even tor"s Multi meters and the Zlines but it only works for the time frame your testing, the custom candle works eg. if your on a M5 chart custom candle for any time frames. But see for your self.

Great Gonna try it out today on some older data and sharpen my trading skills

flossnhoss

Postby flossnhoss » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:54 am

MightyOne wrote: You will do well if you understand that it is only the momo at the high and low pivots that matter.

Of what time frame are you referring? If you mean for whatever time frame you are looking at? Then that's fine. Just looking for clarification.

MightyOne wrote: After you spot the momo you are simply trading trading away from a line.

Wha wha waht line? :shock:

Any line in the zone &, if you are trading daily momo, the daily highs after momo is also a great place to start.

Again, I think most people looking at the 100's of examples posted in this thread understand this point thoroughly by now. If not, they should stop here, and start over until they at least get that part.

MightyOne wrote: That mid trend momentum trading is usually a mistake as it is often a great place to liquidate a large position when traders that missed the move are desperate to get in.

Okay, that sounds helpful. However, trend is relative to time... are you speaking in general? Or implying a specific time frame (i.e. daily)?

MightyOne wrote: Daily, weekly, monthly, & yearly charts are the charts that I look at.

Yes, I think you have mentioned that you usually look at higher time frames. My original question about picking out the contraditions from time frames would still hold true in this case. We understand that higher time frames are in control, but when, if ever, would you consider taking a trade based off of something you see on a relatively smaller time frame?

MightyOne wrote: Find momentum and drop down to a small time frame chart, but do not forget that what you are doing is trading the high time frame.

Okay, that is helpful. Again, I think most people should be familiar with this concept as it has been described, illustrated and discussed many times already through this thread.

MightyOne wrote: Exit prior to a reversal if you sense one and enter at a better price.

Exit once or twice because thrice will miss the move.

I'm with you on this one. What do you usually see that signals a reversal to you? 1 bar close over 3 previous... as an example? I know there are lots of ways to pick up reversals, just curious if you care to share more.

Also, you would only re-enter twice on a move? Why not 3 if the price keeps giving entries? Is one just being too greedy at such point?

MightyOne wrote: There are only 2 extremes and price will move a hundred or hundreds of pips from either one.

Again, extremes are relative. Are you referring to something specific (i.e. daily) or something else I'm not understanding?

MightyOne wrote: You have a 50/50 shot or better at a 50% gain.

Just do it!

That's what I'm here for.

Many thanks

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Anyone on this H4 GBP/USD?

Long at 1.6567 fingers crossed :)
Attachments
aliasgbpusdsep14h4.gif
aliasgbpusdsep14h4.gif (10.31 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Last edited by aliassmith on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”