Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:36 pm

cfabian wrote:Lukx,
To my understanding, if price already passed thru that MZ, that zone is no longer valid as it was already zeroed.

So as soon as price just go thru ZL it's done? candle doesn't have to close below it like in my example?
Well in this case it will clean a lot of old MZs from blubb indicator.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

deeforex

Postby deeforex » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:54 pm

cfabian wrote:Image

cfabian,

Is this chart from IBFX? My 4hr GBPJPY looks nothing like this. Did you create the bars from an indy?

dee

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 pm

dee
This is from Alpari; however I trade with IBFX.

I found useful to have plotted H4 charts from these 2 brokers. Their charts have 2 hrs gap.

deeforex wrote:
cfabian wrote:Image

cfabian,

Is this chart from IBFX? My 4hr GBPJPY looks nothing like this. Did you create the bars from an indy?

dee
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Technically that's what's suppose to happen... as there's no longer held profits when price crosses by. They're gone on the wicking move.

Yes, to me that area should be cleared, giving you vision of the next move further down. However, remember what espip and MO said about that area can further act as support/resistance. Thus you need to see price action around it as todays espip's example on the EJ.

lukx wrote:
To my understanding, if price already passed thru that MZ, that zone is no longer valid as it was already zeroed.

So as soon as price just go thru ZL it's done? candle doesn't have to close below it like in my example?
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Wierd PA today.

Still some pips to be had on M15.

A PINBAR short (25pips) and a MoMO Long (20 pips)

Making 4.5 times the big blind :)

I don't have the patience for large timeframes, but
M5 to H1 are still profitable. Checking out multiple
timeframes give more options.
Attachments
aliasgbpusdsep11m15.gif
aliasgbpusdsep11m15.gif (13.73 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 am

es/pip wrote:
JTurnbull wrote:Exit at 1.6700 because i didnt like PA. looking to reenter at around same as my entry again.

didnt want to make any comments when you were in a trade with a specific target-----

just be aware of the new h4 momo- which created held profit ----- that is the first area for a target

but

i see what you were looking at for the trade and i dont disagree with playing a short scalp off it like that

just noticed i misread your post when i made that comment

you had a target of 1.6660 and i thought it said 1.6600

thats why i was talking about the new momo---

but your target and what i was talking about were the same thing
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:19 am

cfabian wrote:Technically that's what's suppose to happen... as there's no longer held profits when price crosses by. They're gone on the wicking move.

Yes, to me that area should be cleared, giving you vision of the next move further down. However, remember what espip and MO said about that area can further act as support/resistance. Thus you need to see price action around it as todays espip's example on the EJ.

lukx wrote:

i am not sure if there is a right or wrong

i just look at it how it would make sense--to me

once we go above/below the zl/mz and have new PA then i never look at it again

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 am

es/pip wrote:
lukx wrote:so my final and maybe stupid question ...

When big boys are holding profit we should be looking for opportunities to join them in the same direction (momo dir). We shouldn't be trying to ZL them? I mean go against momo to take their profit they are holding at ZL line as target?

lol

ummmmm, not sure how to explain this stuff in words---- it just cant be done or i cant do it at least

you want to trade in the direction of profit--- yes you do not want to trade against the momo unless you are coming into a zl that makes sense to try and trade away from

you can also trade out of an area (zl) when other traders get zl'ed

thats how you apply MO's saying

a true zl happens on consecutive bars, otherwise you trade away from the area like a s/r trade

trading off consecutive bars is trading in the direction of profit

when you come into a zl that is held profit and traders are getting zl'ed that is an old zl--- then you look for some momentum somewhere (time frame) and trade away from it-- if you choose to try that trade

honestly, i think you understand the above. It just takes a little bit of time to tie in different time frames.

all of that above is stuff i have been saying for 6 months or whatever its just rehashed-------------- not sure how to explain it

pretty sure that didnt help anyone

i just cant explain it

Yes es/pip,

If I were to put into words what I see, this would be as close as it gets.
Very clear.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

flossnhoss

Postby flossnhoss » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. I had read it a few months ago and passed on, but have recently come back with a restored interest.

First off, many thanks to TRO, MO, dragon, es/pip and the other main contributors to this thread. It's quite a buffet of information. You all are truly too kind to take your own time to help others out.

I hope to start sharing my own trades here shortly, in the hope I can also help those that are passing through here on their own journey.

As someone relatively new to the Mighty Zone, I wanted to toss in my newby perspective and offer a suggestion to those helping out and posting charts.

I believe at this point in the thread, there have been literally hundreds of pictures showing entries and exits (again, many thanks). I think visually, after the fact, anyone reading this post should be able to understand how this works.

However, what I think might be very helpful, or more valuable, is some comments on your perception of price action before you enter a trade, and perhaps while you are in the trade (with more images too of course). More specifically meaning, what you like to see, and don't like to see (that's very general I know).

As these trades are retracements, the biggest question I always find myself asking is "Is this a retracement, or a reversal?". And while you will never know prior to a trade, and this question is also relative to time, I am thinking some comments on this could be helpful. Think of it as an 'anatomy' of a trade if you will... from start to finish showing what is seen on each timeframe of interest. Those prior posts showing which timeframe the zone and/or zline is from is definitely along the same idea. This would expand on that. Just an suggestion!

Anyway, just kind of blabbering, with really just an intention to help facilitate those that know how to do this successfully, with those who are just starting out.

Happy pipping

-floss

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:59 pm

flossnhoss wrote:Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. I had read it a few months ago and passed on, but have recently come back with a restored interest.

First off, many thanks to TRO, MO, dragon, es/pip and the other main contributors to this thread. It's quite a buffet of information. You all are truly too kind to take your own time to help others out.

I hope to start sharing my own trades here shortly, in the hope I can also help those that are passing through here on their own journey.

As someone relatively new to the Mighty Zone, I wanted to toss in my newby perspective and offer a suggestion to those helping out and posting charts.

I believe at this point in the thread, there have been literally hundreds of pictures showing entries and exits (again, many thanks). I think visually, after the fact, anyone reading this post should be able to understand how this works.

However, what I think might be very helpful, or more valuable, is some comments on your perception of price action before you enter a trade, and perhaps while you are in the trade (with more images too of course). More specifically meaning, what you like to see, and don't like to see (that's very general I know).

As these trades are retracements, the biggest question I always find myself asking is "Is this a retracement, or a reversal?". And while you will never know prior to a trade, and this question is also relative to time, I am thinking some comments on this could be helpful. Think of it as an 'anatomy' of a trade if you will... from start to finish showing what is seen on each timeframe of interest. Those prior posts showing which timeframe the zone and/or zline is from is definitely along the same idea. This would expand on that. Just an suggestion!

Anyway, just kind of blabbering, with really just an intention to help facilitate those that know how to do this successfully, with those who are just starting out.

Happy pipping

-floss

Perhaps it might be an idea for someone to record an instruction video of relevant parts of a live trade and post it :idea:
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”