Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 am

lukx

Great post at 5:36am above with charts, notes and your question. This is the same thing I am wondering and working on figuring out.

What software and how were you able to put the six charts together in a 2 x 3 layout? This is a great space saver and would be a big help for me to know how to do also.

Patch
Heading for the Mall
Drinking TEA Saturday
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 am

lukx wrote:I'm in this one right now.

Long from blue traingle

me too :D

based off the h4 momo
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am

es/pip wrote:just be aware of the new h4 momo- which created held profit ----- that is the first area for a target

es/pip so the most recent (CLOSED) 4h candle is usually the main aim to go in it's direction.

Does my thinking makes any sense?

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 am

es/pip wrote:
lukx wrote:I'm in this one right now.

Long from blue traingle

me too :D

based off the h4 momo

uh I got stopped out just before it skyrocketed. And it;s like that every time :(

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:28 am

one more question for today :)
What to do in this situation?
When there is some old MZ short from far away and new long MZ created not so long and they are very close to each other?

I assume the closest is more important so we should be searching for long opportunities?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:30 am

lukx wrote:
es/pip wrote:just be aware of the new h4 momo- which created held profit ----- that is the first area for a target

es/pip so the most recent (CLOSED) 4h candle is usually the main aim to go in it's direction.

Does my thinking makes any sense?

it depends on what the PA looks like----- just because you have a closed bar with momo doesnt mean that is the direction--- it depends on where you are on the left side of the chart

in your example that h4 bar yes is an increase in momo but it is coming into the larger momo of the yellow box--- which is showing possible longs based on momo and the held profit that is getting zl'ed

but

when you come back into that body (blue area) if the inside PA makes sense you can trade it off that as well----and again----but----- that is not really a 2x closed body so i would not be that focused on trying to pick it off short

it is hard to explain

i just look at the momo and held profit and trade it from the inside

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:36 am

lukx wrote:one more question for today :)
What to do in this situation?
When there is some old MZ short from far away and new long MZ created not so long and they are very close to each other?

I assume the closest is more important so we should be searching for long opportunities?

when you say closest in a scenario like that

yes

yeah i was long in that--- didn't get too much out of it 30 ish

as well as on the euro same setup off the h4

was out quickly off the m5 bec of the below statement

we have gone up so much on both of these off the bottom that continuing to play them long becomes riskier and riskier--- bec of the held profit way down below the new entries----

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

so my final and maybe stupid question ...

When big boys are holding profit we should be looking for opportunities to join them in the same direction (momo dir). We shouldn't be trying to ZL them? I mean go against momo to take their profit they are holding at ZL line as target?

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 am

es/pip

I am working to understand the new-aan-cesses of MO's ZL & ZZs.

You just posted: "i just look at the momo and held profit and trade it from the inside". What do you mean by "trade it from the inside"?

lukx:

I wonder what time frame are you basing your entry on? Is it exclusively the H4? Looking at the charts posted by es/pip and dragon33, I see H4, H1, M15 and M5. Most of es/pip's marked charts are M15 and M5. The higher the time frame the greater the pips at risk stop loss needs to be.

What is your profit target? I am looking at GBPUSD H4 and trying to figure out where you entered, got stopped out etc. Could you post the chart you used for entry with notes written on the chart?

Lastly, my stupid Q of the day, could you have reentered the trade once it moved in your direction?

Patch
Remembering 8 years ago
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 am

lukx wrote:so my final and maybe stupid question ...

When big boys are holding profit we should be looking for opportunities to join them in the same direction (momo dir). We shouldn't be trying to ZL them? I mean go against momo to take their profit they are holding at ZL line as target?

lol

ummmmm, not sure how to explain this stuff in words---- it just cant be done or i cant do it at least

you want to trade in the direction of profit--- yes you do not want to trade against the momo unless you are coming into a zl that makes sense to try and trade away from

you can also trade out of an area (zl) when other traders get zl'ed

thats how you apply MO's saying

a true zl happens on consecutive bars, otherwise you trade away from the area like a s/r trade

trading off consecutive bars is trading in the direction of profit

when you come into a zl that is held profit and traders are getting zl'ed that is an old zl--- then you look for some momentum somewhere (time frame) and trade away from it-- if you choose to try that trade

honestly, i think you understand the above. It just takes a little bit of time to tie in different time frames.

all of that above is stuff i have been saying for 6 months or whatever its just rehashed-------------- not sure how to explain it

pretty sure that didnt help anyone

i just cant explain it

Return to “TheRumpledOne”