Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:05 pm

BTW,

Do you guys see any MONTHLY momo?

LOL
Even I can see that!!

#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:23 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:BTW,

Do you guys see any MONTHLY momo?

LOL
Even I can see that!!

Hmmm i didn't notice but it is interesting for the coming months.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Rainman22

Better volume

Postby Rainman22 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 pm

I used the better volume indicator for my entries on EU/JPY on the hourly chart. Basically waited for one or two red bars and I entered a reverse position. I did not lose a trade all day today and I am up over 50% today alone. I also did what Tro suggested about the daily or weekly high and entered a reverse position on EU/CAD when it was near the high on the weekly chart. Easy 40-50 pips. Good luck everyone!
Rainman222

TheRumpledOne

TRADE WHAT YOU SEE

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm

TRADE WHAT YOU SEE

Snyder and Mitchell say that the reason autistic people see the pieces of things is that they have privileged access to lower levels of raw information. A normal person doesn't become conscious of what he's looking at until after his brain has composed the sensory bits and pieces into wholes. An autistic savant is conscious of the bits and pieces.

That's why autistic savants can make perspective drawings without being taught how. They're drawing what they see, which is all the little changes in size and texture that tell you one object is closer up and another object is farther away. Normal people can't see all those little changes without a lot of training and effort, because their brains process them unconsciously. So normal people are drawing what they "see," which is the finished object, after their brains have put it all together. Normal people don't draw a dog, they draw a concept of a dog. Autistic people draw the dog.

http://www.grandin.com/inc/animals.in.t ... n.ch7.html
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 pm

In the beginning of the book, Mr. Wilder tells a tale about an aspiring trader who is attempting to explain to his young daughter what he is doing. As he shows her his trading screen he tells her that he is buying because the market is going to go up. He is certain of this because special numbers called the Azerhoff numbers are signaling that the market is going to go up.

After listening to his explanation, the young daughter replies, "but daddy, it looks like it's going down to me." Frustrated, the aspiring trader tries to reassure his daughter that the Azerhoff numbers mean that the market will go up. Again she responds, "It still looks like it's going down to me." Eventually, the frustrated trader exits the trade for a loss.

The point of the story, of course, is that all market indicators and theories are secondary to price and even a young child can look at the chart and see which way the price is going. If we are long a market, we profit when we sell at a higher price than we bought, regardless of what the indicators or prognosticators say. Ultimately, it is always price that determines our actions in one way or another.

Certainly, we can use indicators to help us anticipate, i.e. be prepared for, changes in trend, but the movement of price alone determines the trend. By learning to see and follow the trend in price, we can come to accept what the market gives us without being overcome by the emotions of fear and greed. Trading can then become an enjoyable and profitable experience.

http://forum.bigmiketrading.com/general ... l#post6320

es/pip

Re: Better volume

Postby es/pip » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Rainman22 wrote:I used the better volume indicator for my entries on EU/JPY on the hourly chart. Basically waited for one or two red bars and I entered a reverse position. I did not lose a trade all day today and I am up over 50% today alone. I also did what Tro suggested about the daily or weekly high and entered a reverse position on EU/CAD when it was near the high on the weekly chart. Easy 40-50 pips. Good luck everyone!

Rainman222

Can you post some charts showing what u r saying about the better volume and 2 bars etc etc

Also just out of curiosity what is your risk% per trade

Nice job on the 50% roi.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:26 pm

(Trading)Tips the Delta Phenomenon(Welles Wilder,1991) [PDF]

http://www.scribd.com/docinfo/6992471?a ... 1glpvivazn

bakaender

Postby bakaender » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I've been following this thread for about 6 months now and for most of that time have been trading simply horizontal lines at psychological points (.00, .25, .50, .75)

I Got to where I was making very small amounts, maybe 10 points each week, and decided I was clearly missing something only making that amount for the amount of work I was putting in.

So I decided to start reading this thread from the beginning with the intent of learning ZL's. I've only got through the first 300 pages over the last month, and finally decided it was time to try a trade and post it to see if I am seeing it correct or just got lucky.

Any comments are welcome. I'm mostly curious if I even placed the ZL in the right spot, or if it just worked out this time. Thanks.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 pm

bakaender wrote:I've been following this thread for about 6 months now and for most of that time have been trading simply horizontal lines at psychological points (.00, .25, .50, .75)

I Got to where I was making very small amounts, maybe 10 points each week, and decided I was clearly missing something only making that amount for the amount of work I was putting in.

So I decided to start reading this thread from the beginning with the intent of learning ZL's. I've only got through the first 300 pages over the last month, and finally decided it was time to try a trade and post it to see if I am seeing it correct or just got lucky.

Any comments are welcome. I'm mostly curious if I even placed the ZL in the right spot, or if it just worked out this time. Thanks.

ehhhh

no, i dont think so.

1. Are you basing the zl off the m30 chart that is posted-- bec there is a zl in that area but it is inside that PA

2. are you #1's and 2's marking body in direction of profit and wick in direction of loss? I am ok with the first #1 but not the next 1 or 2.

you want to see held profit created by momo as the #1 the 2nd #1 shows no increase in momo

3. take this chart and place a zl where you think it should go

based on the bars numbered a b and c where does the zline go?

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

bakaender

Postby bakaender » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 pm

es/pip wrote:
bakaender wrote:I've been following this thread for about 6 months now and for most of that time have been trading simply horizontal lines at psychological points (.00, .25, .50, .75)

ehhhh

no, i dont think so.

1. Are you basing the zl off the m30 chart that is posted-- bec there is a zl in that area but it is inside that PA

2. are you #1's and 2's marking body in direction of profit and wick in direction of loss? I am ok with the first #1 but not the next 1 or 2.

you want to see held profit created by momo as the #1 the 2nd #1 shows no increase in momo

3. take this chart and place a zl where you think it should go

based on the bars numbered a b and c where does the zline go?

1. I was basing the ZL off the chart posted. That is mostly what I am unclear about, is exactly where it would be placed.

2. Yes 1's and 2's for body in profit, wick in loss. I get what your saying about the 2nd 1 I placed.

I would place the ZL here:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”