Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am

well, I'll join you guys.

Lost all profit and more, SL too big and TP tiny.

saw bear momo, saw retracement, wicked, entered, price continued upwards....
I ignored my own D1 MZ, where I should have started looking to enter long.

But I decided to trust H1 more, and lost.
Attachments
gj zline fail.gif
gj zline fail.gif (9.51 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
gj d1.gif
gj d1.gif (11.83 KiB) Viewed 3779 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 am

ha, I thought it was only me losing today :) I was up 70 pips but down to half that.

Momo is telling porkies today ....
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 am

its us who are misreading the momo.... everything HAS to make sense, aiming at 80% accuracy with money management requiring 50% or less win ratio.

lukx

Postby lukx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:31 pm

I just traveled in time and I'm where I was last week, balance wise .
Lost all the profit, same old story.
Now I can't gt this song out of my head "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" :)

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Good Morning Lukx

Sorry to wake up today to hear your profits got ZLed.

What size lots are you trading? If you are trading a mini .01 you can afford .10 cents all week long either way. Consider it training wheels, you need to develop new eyes and new habits.

If you can do it once, you can do it again. What you have lost You can earn back. And I will tell you I've lost more than you and I am winning it back 100 fold.

MO said back on about p.139 "So where do your massive profits come from? The answer is the medium and long term traders who are IN PROFIT with medium to HUGE stop losses!" We need to always be careful that we don't get Zed.

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:17 pm

PA wasn't perfect---- i agree

i mean i haven't made 500 pips or anything but i am up an ok amount--- not sure i never count them

i can still see that people refuse to use the 5 min close to tell them to get out and taking there full stop. My 20 pip hard stop is a disaster stop if you will. It is only there to protect me if it just rips on me when i get in, or if a 5 min bar rips against me without giving me a chance to get out at a better price.

MO, Dragon and I rarely take a full stop---- but everyone seems to take them without hesitation.

a 60 pip stop is nonsense----- unless it is built up from profits---like MO was showing

just bec you have a zl doesn't mean you take the trade---- especially after multiple bars

--- again no one wants to look inside for some reason

-- if you are watching a h4 zl from 8 days ago and trading it off that zl directly----- how do you have momo showing you the way? You don't.

no one should be trading gbp/jpy in my opinion---- at least not yet.

----------- trade the pound, the euro or the ej-- preferably the pound or euro to start

i don't understand a majority of the charts( and reasoning) posted

everything that Dragon and i learned is in this thread---- i get the feeling that people have jumped into the thread/discussion without spending the time to learn it and read the thread.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Exactly... that's the reason why successful ZL traders have told us that higher timeframes overrules lowers. That down move you are talking about I see it as a strong push to ZL daily ones. It clearly bounces right away, area where long entries would be triggered when some momo built up.

Fxtraveller wrote:well, I'll join you guys.

Lost all profit and more, SL too big and TP tiny.

saw bear momo, saw retracement, wicked, entered, price continued upwards....
I ignored my own D1 MZ, where I should have started looking to enter long.

But I decided to trust H1 more, and lost.
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

lukx

Postby lukx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

ok here's what I'll be doing from now on...
look for momo at 1H and MZbut it have to be very close to actuall PA not some OLD one form many H ago or something , when 5M will hit 1H MZ I will look for entry. 20 pips hard SL but look for faster way out like es/pip said.
I'm also dropping GBP/JPY, and be looking only at EU, GU, EJ.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 pm

espip, I hear what you say...

I'll share my personal experience that I believe is the clue to my unsuccessful trading (and will become successful, swear to god).

I've discovered that unconsciously (or consciously as well) I want to be in a trade when looking at the charts, as seeing how price is moving. I "determine" entry points right away and boooom, there you go. What happens??????? I lose. Why??? Because I didn't get in at a higher probability area. It is ok if I cannot find a setup in a day (I'll tattoo that in my forehead).

I'm having difficulties in learning to wait for the appropriate timing. If I just train myself to trade if and only if price comes back to certain level (MZ) and look inside to see how price pulls back, then get in at specific level.

So, for me, I just do not need to be in the market all the time, nor a setup needs to be found forcedly at the time I look at my PC. With 2 - 3 trades and >50 pips a day I'm more than pleased.

The plan???? Try to consider only H4 and H1 ZL, This will give me more time. Will set alarms when price reaches the lines, and shoot from M5 when momo is there. Also, close trades when M5 against me.

Probably my issue is the same for some people.

Such as in real state the motto is "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION"... now I know in forex it is "WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

es/pip wrote:PA wasn't perfect---- i agree

i mean i haven't made 500 pips or anything but i am up an ok amount--- not sure i never count them

i can still see that people refuse to use the 5 min close to tell them to get out and taking there full stop. My 20 pip hard stop is a disaster stop if you will. It is only there to protect me if it just rips on me when i get in, or if a 5 min bar rips against me without giving me a chance to get out at a better price.

MO, Dragon and I rarely take a full stop---- but everyone seems to take them without hesitation.

a 60 pip stop is nonsense----- unless it is built up from profits---like MO was showing

just bec you have a zl doesn't mean you take the trade---- especially after multiple bars

--- again no one wants to look inside for some reason

-- if you are watching a h4 zl from 8 days ago and trading it off that zl directly----- how do you have momo showing you the way? You don't.

no one should be trading gbp/jpy in my opinion---- at least not yet.

----------- trade the pound, the euro or the ej-- preferably the pound or euro to start

i don't understand a majority of the charts( and reasoning) posted

everything that Dragon and i learned is in this thread---- i get the feeling that people have jumped into the thread/discussion without spending the time to learn it and read the thread.
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

gutek04

Postby gutek04 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

es/pip, do You use/watch Daily/Weekly ZL's to tarde? or just h4/h1/m5... watching all those ZL's and MO really complicate my trading. For example I see nice setup 3 ZL from m5, m15 and h1 all in agreement telling me to "buy", but few pips above theres Daily MightyZone telling me "go short! go short", and here Im starting to wonder: Does 3ZL in agreement are telling me the truth or maybe I'm supposed to listen Dily ZL? As a resoult of this wondering I dont enter trade, or enter it to late or even choosing wrong side. This day makede me belive that I still don't know nothing about trading... Hope that things will get better tommorow...

Return to “TheRumpledOne”