Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Dragon...
Is it just me or you're having issues with FFCal indicator?
I've been trying to use it in many instances of MT4, but when stick it to any chart, AND then set DLL import to true, it makes the platform crash.

Thanks
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm

can someone please explain what is MOMO CANDLE ?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:37 pm

lukx wrote:can someone please explain what is MOMO CANDLE ?

momo= momentum
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

PTG

Postby PTG » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 pm

cfabian wrote:Dragon...
I've been trying to use it in many instances of MT4, but when stick it to any chart, AND then set DLL import to true, it makes the platform crash.

Thanks

I had the exact same issues with it. I've thrown it out completely. It's gone.

Tools that don't work are a hinderance and a distraction so I dump them like a hot potato. No more fancy FFCal for me. The FF web page works just fine.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 am

es/pip wrote:that was fun

could have been a lot more fun-----tried to get short after the announcement on the ej at the h1 zl it was moving so fast i offered a couple times but kept missing it when it was pulling back in. Then had a chance at it and chickened out then tried to chase it and missed it again------ went right down to the other h1 zl target--- where i played them long from

just couldn't get in the short side-- :oops:

Could you just click enter on a 3-5 pip pullback?
If you have a certain risk level on a limit order having to place a market order should not change your overall risk, should it?

Hmmmmm, I'm not quite understanding this unless it is just part of your trading rules and not you not breaking them discretionarily.
Thanks.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 am

cfabian wrote:Dragon...

Thanks

Same issue here. The indi doesn't work anymore! Like PTG said you need to watch the sites for the news!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Didn't they update the FFCal indicator?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 pm

razorboy wrote:At the right time of day, a 5 min momo bar is good for way more than just one bar.............

As to my other question, what do traders do with all their spare time...

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/help-me-help-you.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/opening-bell-082109.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/later-th ... orging.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/opening-bell-082009.php

anyone up for some binge eating?

prochargedmopar wrote:
razorboy wrote:Pro........

You sound like one of my trading partners -

its not about the number of losses you have. Depending on which "system" i use.........my win percentage is 15 to 30% with an EV of 2 to 4 - 2 to 3 trades a day. I say this not to show off, but to give you some encouragement as I was as clueless as you were until i started flipping quarters

once you have accurately defined your edge, it will all come to you. You need to think in terms of probabilities - buy the tops and sell the bottoms......when momentum comes into the market

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:tough action today

no momentum really anywhere to trade

i was +60 on the e/j at 1 point on the second trade----- target was 170ish pips i got zl'ed---- i honestly thought we were going to go up--- i liked the formation on the bars so i stayed in got out on 5 min close against me---- oh well

this week was made in the early parts with all the action we have had----- today blew--- lets see what the rest of the week brings----

on days like these you try to grab what you can and not get hurt---- or dont trade at all----lol

Whew,
I thought it was just me.

I did end up with 38.x live on 13 trades but it was a struggle.
Had two I thought were gonna take off when they were up around 10 pips and both ended in a small loss.
My first 2 losses of the week.
Lots of movement in market but it was always just as I exited and in the wrong direction.

I hear ya razorboy,
I understand and that is what I am so exited about...being able to have a small stop yet get big runs.....
I know exactly what M.O. means when he says your losses will cause you great laughter.
I've been doing it on demo....
What is a 15 pip stop when you've had 3 wins of 117/119/ and 185.
It means nothing......

If trading momo I do not see how you can lose 40% of the t ime. wtf??

From what I've seen on the 5m momo candles in the direction of the higher time frame it is almost a 90% win rate if you don't get greedy....
I mean some of those can go 30=50 pips with ease if you can hang in there.

And m.o. say...ONLY TRADE ONE BAR, but you look up from the 5m chart and your riding a 15m candle, and all of a sudden it turns into a 30m candle ect.....

Your tips are VERY much appreciated and the quarter flipping exercise has cemented something in my brain.
Odds baby, odds.

Now it's just a matter of applying the knowledge.
I've still got to work on rule #3. (completely accept risk and let it go)
It's a b#t*h.

thx

What PRO was saying is exactly how momentum is to be traded.

It starts with a high time frame momentum and price finding S&R.
You might enter on a 5m and catch a run of 30 pips, but when you switch over to a 30 minute candle a momentum bar may just be completing...so you exit.

This is where you change your mentality in regards to "pip ownership"

That 30 pip gain is not a 30 pip profit if you are going to continue to trade in the prev. direction for a longer duration.
You simply put the trade on pause and are now requesting a better price to enter.
If you enter after price drops 18 pips and price returns to the high then you have made an additional 1.8-3.6% and if you do this 5 times a week then you increase your gains by 9-18%.

Add the profit from overlap to a 7-18% return and you are sitting with a 16-36% gain at the end of the week.

If you are a DWM trader (daily,weekly, monthy or DO WHAT MATTERS trader ;))
then the overlap will be much greater and that is when you realize weekly returns of 40, 70, 123% and beyond.

I know it can be hard when you are up say 400 pips or $40,000 trading the monthly chart and you enter in the monthly MZ and watch as price drops 200 pips or -$20,000 before turning around and giving you a 1,200 pip gain or $160,000 total, but chances are that you will never reach such a large pip gain as a timid trader.

And that is another trick that you should know:

You only have to be precise in you timing and entry level from the time you initiate a trade until the time you have OPM to play with.
Once you have other peoples money then you can start leaning on the competition by being aggressive with their money.

While they are in "anti draw down move my SL to BE" mode you will be in "all the money in the world" mode and will be picking up their positions at bargain prices.

All this is done until your trade comes to an end on the long term charts at which time you are back to considering the money your own.

There is a lot that you can learn from poker:

Play as if your stake has already been lost and the only way to get it back is to make it to the final table.
No professional, that has made it to the final table, arrived there without risking everything more than once.

A tournament starts with capital preservation and small balling (small stabs at the pot) and ends with aggression and who is more willing to take risk.

Anyways, that is my rant for today :roll:

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 pm

MightyOne wrote:
razorboy wrote:At the right time of day, a 5 min momo bar is good for way more than just one bar.............

As to my other question, what do traders do with all their spare time...

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/help-me-help-you.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/opening-bell-082109.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/later-th ... orging.php
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/opening-bell-082009.php

anyone up for some binge eating?

prochargedmopar wrote:
razorboy wrote:Pro........

You sound like one of my trading partners -

its not about the number of losses you have. Depending on which "system" i use.........my win percentage is 15 to 30% with an EV of 2 to 4 - 2 to 3 trades a day. I say this not to show off, but to give you some encouragement as I was as clueless as you were until i started flipping quarters

once you have accurately defined your edge, it will all come to you. You need to think in terms of probabilities - buy the tops and sell the bottoms......when momentum comes into the market

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:tough action today

no momentum really anywhere to trade

i was +60 on the e/j at 1 point on the second trade----- target was 170ish pips i got zl'ed---- i honestly thought we were going to go up--- i liked the formation on the bars so i stayed in got out on 5 min close against me---- oh well

this week was made in the early parts with all the action we have had----- today blew--- lets see what the rest of the week brings----

on days like these you try to grab what you can and not get hurt---- or dont trade at all----lol

Whew,
I thought it was just me.

I did end up with 38.x live on 13 trades but it was a struggle.
Had two I thought were gonna take off when they were up around 10 pips and both ended in a small loss.
My first 2 losses of the week.
Lots of movement in market but it was always just as I exited and in the wrong direction.

I hear ya razorboy,
I understand and that is what I am so exited about...being able to have a small stop yet get big runs.....
I know exactly what M.O. means when he says your losses will cause you great laughter.
I've been doing it on demo....
What is a 15 pip stop when you've had 3 wins of 117/119/ and 185.
It means nothing......

If trading momo I do not see how you can lose 40% of the t ime. wtf??

From what I've seen on the 5m momo candles in the direction of the higher time frame it is almost a 90% win rate if you don't get greedy....
I mean some of those can go 30=50 pips with ease if you can hang in there.

And m.o. say...ONLY TRADE ONE BAR, but you look up from the 5m chart and your riding a 15m candle, and all of a sudden it turns into a 30m candle ect.....

Your tips are VERY much appreciated and the quarter flipping exercise has cemented something in my brain.
Odds baby, odds.

Now it's just a matter of applying the knowledge.
I've still got to work on rule #3. (completely accept risk and let it go)
It's a b#t*h.

thx

What PRO was saying is exactly how momentum is to be traded.

It starts with a high time frame momentum and price finding S&R.
You might enter on a 5m and catch a run of 30 pips, but when you switch over to a 30 minute candle a momentum bar may just be completing...so you exit.

This is where you change your mentality in regards to "pip ownership"

That 30 pip gain is not a 30 pip profit if you are going to continue to trade in the prev. direction for a longer duration.
You simply put the trade on pause and are now requesting a better price to enter.
If you enter after price drops 18 pips and price returns to the high then you have made an additional 1.8-3.6% and if you do this 5 times a week then you increase your gains by 9-18%.

Add the profit from overlap to a 7-18% return and you are sitting with a 16-36% gain at the end of the week.

If you are a DWM trader (daily,weekly, monthy or DO WHAT MATTERS trader ;))
then the overlap will be much greater and that is when you realize weekly returns of 40, 70, 123% and beyond.

I know it can be hard when you are up say 400 pips or $40,000 trading the monthly chart and you enter in the monthly MZ and watch as price drops 200 pips or -$20,000 before turning around and giving you a 1,200 pip gain or $160,000 total, but chances are that you will never reach such a large pip gain as a timid trader.

And that is another trick that you should know:

You only have to be precise in you timing and entry level from the time you initiate a trade until the time you have OPM to play with.
Once you have other peoples money then you can start leaning on the competition by being aggressive with their money.

While they are in "anti draw down move my SL to BE" mode you will be in "all the money in the world" mode and will be picking up their positions at bargain prices.

All this is done until your trade comes to an end on the long term charts at which time you are back to considering the money your own.

There is a lot that you can learn from poker:

Play as if your stake has already been lost and the only way to get it back is to make it to the final table.
No professional, that has made it to the final table, arrived there without risking everything more than once.

A tournament starts with capital preservation and small balling (small stabs at the pot) and ends with aggression and who is more willing to take risk.

Anyways, that is my rant for today :roll:

HELL YEAH,

That's what I'm talking about.
Ive seen this also for a while but have been having difficulty getting past the stabs at the pot part.

Man I didn't want to display my goal as I want to be the first to post charts of this being done so bad I can taste it. Forget a long run with 3-5 corrections and sitting through draw down on money that is not yet yours. Take it/ wait/ enter again.
MightyOne said: Advance-Retreat-Advance-Retreat.
Did you MightyZoners miss that?, I didn't.
Why is it that the comprehension in my mind seems to get so far ahead of my Emotional maturity......It's agonizing.

I SEE CLEARLY HOW ADDING YOUR PIPS GAINED TO YOUR STOP IS OF SUCH GREAT IMPORTANCE WHEN HANGING IN FOR THE DURATION TO GET MORE PIPS IN A TRADE THAN THE MARKET ACTUALLY MOVED.

I want 160 out of a 100 pip move.
I want 250 out of a 150 pip move.
I want 600 out of a 350 pip move.

Now that is a goal!!

Break even? Bah, humbug.

:evil:
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “TheRumpledOne”