Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

tradepar

Postby tradepar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 pm

MBT Metatrader is still not live. The datafeed is demo and sometimes it just halts and shows gaps in the data. ES/PIP, Dragon, Lis - are you using the demo mode or have subscribed to live feed? And if yes, which one?

Thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 pm

tradepar wrote:MBT Metatrader is still not live. The datafeed is demo and sometimes it just halts and shows gaps in the data. ES/PIP, Dragon, Lis - are you using the demo mode or have subscribed to live feed? And if yes, which one?

Thanks

I have two accounts. Alpari UK and MBT. The picture you get from me are from Alpari live feed!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm

tradepar wrote:MBT Metatrader is still not live. The datafeed is demo and sometimes it just halts and shows gaps in the data. ES/PIP, Dragon, Lis - are you using the demo mode or have subscribed to live feed? And if yes, which one?

Thanks

i trade thru 3 diff accounts---

i mainly use mbt

when i have a gap in the charts, i just use one of the other accounts

if the charts are close enough i will just use mbt to execute off one of the other charts---- a couple pips here and there makes no difference to me--- if i was scalping and had to get exact fills i would not do that

supposedly when ninja trader version 7 comes out then it will support historical data with mbt---- so they say---- when that happens i will most likely just trade thru ninja/mbt
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 pm

To those that use what Mightyone has taught:

I have been trying to learn the Zero Line concept for a few weeks now. I developed a way to break my order up and build positions using the H1 charts, which I posted previously. I finally had my first 20% trade which was unreal. I am working on my consistency so I only pulled out about 14% over the last few weeks. 14% isn't bad but Mightyone has opened my eyes so I would like to achieve the 33% a week.

I was wondering, out of those that use zerolines is there anyone making 33% or more a week like Mightyone layed out as a plan a little while back. I see a lot of good trades posted and ES/PIPS should have his own paradise Island by now :)

aVi

Postby aVi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:43 am

blubbb wrote:This topic has over 500 pages, but normally this should not affect the speed of the SQL query... if the forum software is not totally crappy. Well, but this is only part of the problem: The server seems to be slow as well.

Yes, I seem to be experiencing similar issues.
Wake up Mr. Green...

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:49 am

aliassmith wrote:To those that use what Mightyone has taught:

I have been trying to learn the Zero Line concept for a few weeks now. I developed a way to break my order up and build positions using the H1 charts, which I posted previously. I finally had my first 20% trade which was unreal. I am working on my consistency so I only pulled out about 14% over the last few weeks. 14% isn't bad but Mightyone has opened my eyes so I would like to achieve the 33% a week.

I was wondering, out of those that use zerolines is there anyone making 33% or more a week like Mightyone layed out as a plan a little while back. I see a lot of good trades posted and ES/PIPS should have his own paradise Island by now :)

lol

im not going to throw out any %'s per week--- but it is up there.

people who have their own own paradise Island's do not have the real estate portfolio that i have at the moment :oops:

i also do not continually compound my account, some weeks i take out 25-100% of what i made---- just depends on where it grew to and how i feel about where i am ---based on the $ per pip i am trading at. some weeks i take nothing out. the only reason i take anything out is bec it gets to a point that it is just retarded

also remember that i am risking 4% per trade--- not saying that anyone should do that----its just what i do

i could also put in enough cash to quadruple my account and risk 1% but it is all the same.

what MO has shown is the most powerful thing i have ever seen

think about this for a second

I am not saying to trade towards a per day/week goal-- DON'T DO THAT- just giving an example----

say you trade with 20 pip stop at 4% risk per trade

1$ per pip per $500

you make 30 pips a day/ 150 pips per week

150/500= 30% per week

you start with 5k

in six months you have roughly 2.4 million---------------- :shock:

but as MO has said you do not need sixquadzillionmillionzillionumpteenzillion dollars either :D

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:15 am

ES thanks for posting your charts they have helped me see the patterns. I notice that you use different time frames to trade on. Are you trading the hourly and then moving to smaller time frame to time entries or are you actually trading the momentum in that time frame. Im a little hesitant to trade the momentum on M5 as I may enter near a z line.

Also I don't remember if I read it but it also seems like depending on time frame you only take trades in direction of momentum on the next bar that retraces or maybe two bars that retrace into the momentum bar is that correct?

I have attached what I think was a valid entry if anyone would like to comment. I didn'take this trade but was scanning charts a it stuck out.

Thanks,

Brett
Last edited by brettnchrism on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:37 am

brettnchrism wrote:ES thanks for posting your charts they have helped me see the patterns. I notice that you use different time frames to trade on. Are you trading the hourly and then moving to smaller time frame to time entries or are you actually trading the momentum in that time frame. Im a little hesitant to trade the momentum on M5 as I may enter near a z line.

always trading off the higher time frames and then i dial down to get entries. i am not trading the 5 min bec the 5 min shows something.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:56 am

brettnchrism wrote:ES thanks for posting your charts they have helped me see the patterns. I notice that you use different time frames to trade on. Are you trading the hourly and then moving to smaller time frame to time entries or are you actually trading the momentum in that time frame. Im a little hesitant to trade the momentum on M5 as I may enter near a z line.

Also I don't remember if I read it but it also seems like depending on time frame you only take trades in direction of momentum on the next bar that retraces or maybe two bars that retrace into the momentum bar is that correct?

I have attached what I think was a valid entry if anyone would like to comment. I didn'take this trade but was scanning charts a it stuck out.

Thanks,

Brett

yeah i took that trade if i recall correctly ---- i think i posted it--have to go back and look

if it happens on back to back bars it is a valid zl trade

if it happens on multiple bars you treat it like s/r and trade away from the area---- i will look at the size of the multiple bars back into it if they are increasing into it i am less interested in it----------but, as it comes in to the area after multiple bars i will look inside and if i like something i will take it off the lower time frames into the higher time frame area

if that makes sense

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 am

Ok thanks ES. I been trying to watch the M15 and just trade the signals off that. The hardest part for me is switching back and fourth through the different times. I think because Im not sure what Im looking for on the say hourly to make me switch to the M15 for entry.
Your friend Brett

Return to “TheRumpledOne”