Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 pm

didnt get that held profit up there on the first try

lets see if this one gets em

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:42 pm

dalibor wrote:
MightyOne wrote:What do you think about this?

You have until the end of the day to be right :shock:
If you cannot beat that then there is no hope for you ;)

Hello Mighty,
firstly - thank you for your work on the forum, excellent job.
secondly - are you trading binary options or use this instrument only for hedging fx spot trades?
thirdly - sorry for my poor english

dalibor

I am highly considering moving from spot to the Binary Option market.

The combination of a guaranteed fixed amount of risk and reward that is equal to if not greater than that which I can achieve in the spot market are of great allure.

Not only is your risk fixed, but your stop becomes time not price which is of greater ease to work with.

I will say it again ---> unlimited staying power through massive (possibly unexpected) price movements at a fixed risk until the end of the day or week :shock:

I don't know about you, but if I cannot be stopped out then I cannot lose.

To the best of my knowledge this is how binary options work:

BINARY OPTIONS:

Binary options or "fixed pay" options are very different than traditional options.

Around every strike price there is a floor and ceiling that are 50 pips away from the strike.
Should you enter at the strike price then your maximum risk would be the floor (50 pips) and your maximum profit would be the ceiling (50 pips).

The floor has a price of 0 and the ceiling has a price of 100.

The floor and ceiling are known as boundaries.

The strike price has a price of 50.

Unlike traditional options, where you enter at the strike price, binary options are purchased at a price in relation to the boundaries.

Binary options can only settle at 0 or 100 upon expiry!

If a call (up) option expires at a price of 51 then the option settles for a price of 100.
If a call option expires at a price of 49 then the option settles for a price of 0.

51 = 1 pip above the strike price
49 = 1 pip below the strike price

As you see, you cannot make or lose any money beyond the boundaries.

The closer to the floor that a strike is purchased the less your risk and the greater your risk multiples.

If you purchase an option 20 pips from the floor then your maximum risk is $20 and your maximum reward is $80 (ceiling of 100 minus entry of 20) or 4 to 1.

If you purchase that same option 20 pips from the ceiling then your risk is $80 and your reward is $20.

If you purchase the option 5 pips from the floor then your maximum risk is $5 and your maximum reward is $95 or 19 to 1.

Binary options have strikes at 20 pip intervals with a floor and ceiling that engulf 2.5 strikes.

Because of this, if price is within 10 pips of a strike then you will always be within 20 pips from the floor of a strike that is two strikes higher or lower than the nearest strike price.

Now that you know which way you are trading and which strike you are looking to purchase you need only wait for a price that offers you an acceptable level of risk.

On NADEX.COM binary options expire either at the end of the day (daily options) or at the end of the week (weekly options) giving you tremendous staying power.

Less than 20 pips risk and you have ALL DAY or ALL WEEK to be right?

How can you lose in the long run if you cannot be stopped out?

And if you thought that it could not get any better you are wrong.

You can liquidate your position at any time prior to expiry thus buying an option for $10 and selling it for $20 ten minutes later if you so choose to do so.

Of course there is always a trade off...

All options are priced at $1 per point up to $100.

Spreads are around 5 pips, but if you think about the cost involved in hedging (when it was allowed) an outright position in the Forex market it would cost you just as much.

Commissions are $1 in and $1 out, but you do not have to pay the dollar out if you lose.

NOTE: OPTION SPREADS are NOT the SAME as a BINARY OPTION

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:48 pm

MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:

Hello Mighty,
secondly - are you trading binary options or use this instrument only for hedging fx spot trades?

dalibor

The combination of a guaranteed fixed amount of risk and reward that is equal to if not greater than that which I can achieve in the spot market are of great allure.

Not only is your risk fixed, but your stop becomes time not price which is of greater ease to work with.

I will say it again ---> unlimited staying power through massive (possibly unexpected) price movements at a fixed risk until the end of the day or week :shock:

BINARY OPTIONS:

Binary options or "fixed pay" options are very different than traditional options.

Around every strike price there is a floor and ceiling that are 50 pips away from the strike.
Should you enter at the strike price then your maximum risk would be the floor (50 pips) and your maximum profit would be the ceiling (50 pips).

Unlike traditional options, where you enter at the strike price, binary options are purchased at a price in relation to the boundaries.

If a call (up) option expires at a price of 51 then the option settles for a price of 100.
If a call option expires at a price of 49 then the option settles for a price of 0.

The closer to the floor that a strike is purchased the less your risk and the greater your risk multiples.

If you purchase an option 20 pips from the floor then your maximum risk is $20 and your maximum reward is $80 (ceiling of 100 minus entry of 20) or 4 to 1.

If you purchase that same option 20 pips from the ceiling then your risk is $80 and your reward is $20.

If you purchase the option 5 pips from the floor then your maximum risk is $5 and your maximum reward is $95 or 19 to 1.

Binary options have strikes at 20 pip intervals with a floor and ceiling that engulf 2.5 strikes.

Because of this, if price is within 10 pips of a strike then you will always be within 20 pips from the floor of a strike that is two strikes higher or lower than the nearest strike price.

Now that you know which way you are trading and which strike you are looking to purchase you need only wait for a price that offers you an acceptable level of risk.

On NADEX.COM binary options expire either at the end of the day (daily options) or at the end of the week (weekly options) giving you tremendous staying power.

You can liquidate your position at any time prior to expiry thus buying an option for $10 and selling it for $20 ten minutes later if you so choose to do so.

Spreads are around 5 pips, but if you think about the cost involved in hedging (when it was allowed) an outright position in the Forex market it would cost you just as much.

Commissions are $1 in and $1 out, but you do not have to pay the dollar out if you lose.

interesting

my only concern would be the size you can trade-----

do they have any limits?

what is the maximum?

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Nice entries, weak exits.

Two entries long near green line........ A mighty zone trade.
Only banked 4.8 pips total.... OUCH!

EUR/JPY 2 B 134.337 134.378 4.1 0.87 0.00 7/26/2009 20:08 7/26/2009 20:11
EUR/JPY 2 B 134.365 134.372 0.7 0.15 0.00 7/26/2009 20:12 7/26/2009 20:20

Look at all that real estate above. Dang.

#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:05 pm

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:

Hello Mighty,

dalibor

BINARY OPTIONS:

interesting

do they have any limits?

what is the maximum?

As many options as you can afford to purchase...

I see any where from 50 to a couple hundred options available at a strike price.
Once they are gone you wait a few seconds for the quotes to refresh and then you can buy more.

I am sure that in the future it will be a larger market.

I really don't have a problem with entering small positions at the same or different strikes until I have a full order.

If you have less than $50,000 then you will have all the liquidity in the world.

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Pro, let the profit run!! What's holding you back?

BTW, today's EURUSD MZ trade. Ignore the green/red lines on this M15 chart :)

Another reason for exit was 1.42050 was close to the daily pivot.

Lis
Last edited by monolisa on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:

Hello Mighty,

dalibor

BINARY OPTIONS:

hehehe,
Should have been a binary above ... LOL
I was right.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:13 pm

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:

Hello Mighty,

dalibor

BINARY OPTIONS:

interesting

do they have any limits?

what is the maximum?

As many options as you can afford to purchase...

I see any where from 50 to a couple hundred options available at a strike price.
Once they are gone you wait a few seconds for the quotes to refresh and then you can buy more.

I am sure that in the future it will be a larger market.

I really don't have a problem with entering small positions at the same or different strikes until I have a full order.

If you have less than $50,000 then you will have all the liquidity in the world.

interesting

going to take a look at it

thanks

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:18 pm

monolisa wrote:Pro, let the profit run!! What's holding you back?

BTW, today's EURUSD MZ trade. Ignore the green/red lines on this M15 chart :)

Another reason for exit was 1.42050 was close to the daily pivot.

Lis

nice trading Lis

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Here you go PRO:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”