Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Not yet,
but I will as soon as I finish reading.........
Edit:
Well, actually I have my account balance to tell me that info.....It ain't pretty.

So, I must face my fears first. The fear of ending in a losing day not only helped me to lose my entire account (in one day), it also made me end with a BIG losing day.
LOL
My #1 goal is to get that crap under control.
I'm going to "flip" my way out of fear!!!!!!!

Thanks razor.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:59 pm

your account balance actually has nothing to do with it, I used to think your account balance told you all you need to know. The only thing it can tell you is when you are unconsciously incompetent

it doesnt - it doesnt tell you crap about probabilities

it has nothing to do with fear other than you have learned to take your "entries". It also has nothing to do with squiggly lines, horizontal lines or confluence of Fibonacci and pivot points.

It has to do with understanding probabilities and ratios and knowing what you are doing - are you scalping or are you trying to scare a 100+pips a trade - pick one - the approach is not the same. You can have a 75% plus win/loss ratio but that will not help you if you have a crappy net per trade

Knowing how to take a loss is only 1/4 the battle...........
Knowing when to enter is 1/4 the battle........

Do the quarters, read up on murray math lines and if you search for it it, I think that MO has even posted the equation for success somewhere along the way....................

If you are scalping EJ - I sure as hell hope you are watching E/U and U/J at the same time

prochargedmopar wrote:Not yet,
but I will as soon as I finish reading.........
Edit:
Well, actually I have my account balance to tell me that info.....It ain't pretty.

So, I must face my fears first. The fear of ending in a losing day not only helped me to lose my entire account (in one day), it also made me end with a BIG losing day.
LOL
My #1 goal is to get that crap under control.
I'm going to "flip" my way out of fear!!!!!!!

Thanks razor.
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 pm

When I first started trading Futures I noticed that I was right about direction the vast majority of the time which is why I started hedging with options and then just trading options.

There are several advantages to trading options:

Limited & known risk combined with staying power it the largest advantage.

I made 98% of my money repeating the following over and over:

1. Buy a call option on the longer term direction

2. Liquidate option at a fat profit and go long the outright

3. Use the profit gained as a stop loss.

What started off as a limited risk feeler bet for $1,400 per option turned into over $30,000 per contract.

I believe that similar strategies can be created using a combination of BOM or Nadex and MbTrading.

If you want to trade risk free then open an account at www.lendingclub.com and become a lender.

If you loan $10,000 then you will receive ~ $900 a year payed MONTHLY along side principal.

Take the "free" money and place feeler bets on BOM

Use the profit from the feeler to fund a longer term trade.

At the end of the year take the profit and lend more money to create a money snowball effect.

razorboy

Nadex

Postby razorboy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:59 pm

just looked at the website.......

how financially secure do you think these guys are...........I am assuming they are on the opposite side of your trade..........
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 pm

having spent some time in the factoring business - lending is not as easy as it seems

MightyOne wrote:When I first started trading Futures I noticed that I was right about direction the vast majority of the time which is why I started hedging with options and then just trading options.

There are several advantages to trading options:

Limited & known risk combined with staying power it the largest advantage.

I made 98% of my money repeating the following over and over:

1. Buy a call option on the longer term direction

2. Liquidate option at a fat profit and go long the outright

3. Use the profit gained as a stop loss.

What started off as a limited risk feeler bet for $1,400 per option turned into over $30,000 per contract.

I believe that similar strategies can be created using a combination of BOM or Nadex and MbTrading.

If you want to trade risk free then open an account at www.lendingclub.com and become a lender.

If you loan $10,000 then you will receive ~ $900 a year payed MONTHLY along side principal.

Take the "free" money and place feeler bets on BOM

Use the profit from the feeler to fund a longer term trade.

At the end of the year take the profit and lend more money to create a money snowball effect.

MightyOne

Re: Nadex

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm

razorboy wrote:just looked at the website.......

how financially secure do you think these guys are...........I am assuming they are on the opposite side of your trade..........

I assume that you are talking about BetOnMarkets in which case they are on the other side of your bet.
BOM accepts bets up to $50,000 compared to EzTrader's $1,500 and AnyOption's $3,000.

It seems that they are not widely trusted as the person with the largest 10 day profit only has $144,000 in his account.

If they are paying the guy making $10,000 a week(?) then I am sure that you have little to worry about if you open an account for under $10,000.

Just ask for checks and ask for checks often ;)

Nadex matches customer orders and is regulated by the CFTC so that is where I would place a significant number of dollars.

Lending:

I currently have loans through PROSPER, but they are in a quiet period at the moment.
So long as you are diversified over 50, 100, 200+ borrowers I do not see a problem.
I think that person to person lending is great...

Patch

Postby Patch » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:40 am

Hi dragon33

I've begun Never Lose Again thread, page 001 and seea post from you back on 9/18/2008. This means you came over from Baby Pips. I just downloaded the two zip files from Shane, and am thankful and wonder when will I ever read this thread and BabyPips. When people shut down open and free discussion of ideas, freedom and the human spirit lose.

I've got a long way to go to catch up. I attended the first Pirate Convention in Tucson, then ended up eventually falling away for personal reasons. Now I am thrilled to be back with my matey pirates pillariging the US banks, the definitely need to be pillared big time. jb
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

teoman

Postby teoman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:27 am

Relative Strength Basket Trading System

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=123284

teoman

Postby teoman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:17 pm

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:06 am

teoman wrote:Relative Strength Basket Trading System

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=123284

Hi teoman, I was looking at this exact thread late last week, and was planning to look into/test it throughout this week. Have you any personal comments on it, have you used this before?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”