Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:23 am

i have a feeling this is pretty damn important.

need to think on this before my next q

MightyOne wrote:Yes, only instead of watching a specific time frame the time and magnitude of the period is based on the event and not decided by the trader.

It is Mighty Zones 202

es/pip wrote:i look for the trade

i understand what---or what i think--- the market is saying based on my chart examples.----dont I?---lol

Is your chart representing the same concept as a mighty zone trade?

MightyOne wrote:What do you do when a candle enters the Mighty Zone?

Do you still not know what the market is trying to tell you?

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I don't know what will happen to the market if I release all of my trading secrets.
Imagine the little guys breaking the banks like Russians rising against communism...

I am humble

No, really I am :lol:

Several candles show the way

They are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

well what i see-- and it is not much---

but

visual looking at it in a spacial intellect type of way

the first two boxes-- candles-- have a certain width( time wise) which is equally to all three. the first two boxes have completed, and the 3rd box---time wise-- has not completed yet--------when you are watching the 3rd box in real time---------------------

so...............

the first two boxes that have completed are the 2/3rd's truth and the unfinished box is the 1/3 lie

not sure what that tells me or anyone else----

what does that tell you?

or is what i said even what you are trying to get across?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:34 am

price wise this would be correct---correct?

time wise i need to think on that one again

MightyOne wrote:All you have to ask your self is what is:

1. What is a correction
2. What is a real move
3. Does the duration of the real move have anything to do with what is considered a correction.

TIME & PRICE

rowdy wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I don't know what will happen to the market if I release all of my trading secrets.
Imagine the little guys breaking the banks like Russians rising against communism...

I am humble

They are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

We certainly appreciate the secrets that you have shared with us.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 am

price wise this would be correct--correct?

need to think about the time

MightyOne wrote:All you have to ask your self is what is:

1. What is a correction
2. What is a real move
3. Does the duration of the real move have anything to do with what is considered a correction.

TIME & PRICE

rowdy wrote:

I am humble

They are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

We certainly appreciate the secrets that you have shared with us.

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:17 am

MO,

I am trying to understand your "messages". I think there are some elements of Mighty Zone in it.

On the attached GBPUSD H1 chart, you can see 3 dark blue vertical boxes. The first box was formed using the pre-breakout candle (left lower corner) and the highest high candle (right upper corner). Counting the number of bars there were 12. (cf. "instead of watching a specific time frame the time and magnitude of the period is based on the event and not decided by the trader.")

Copy the box to the next 12 bars and you have the 2nd dark blue box. Notice the lowest low of the 2nd box is the last candle of this box.

Again copy the box to the next lot of 12 hours. It seems price went thru the upper boundary of the box (long trade).

Now divide the height of the box (ie. price range) by 1/3 and you have the dark red horizontal box. Not sure if we can use it as Mighty Zone but it seems close.

So time and price do play a part in the setup. Looking at the vertical boxes I would say the 1st box was the truth (real move), the 2nd box was the lie (correction) and the 3rd was the truth (real move). But it doesn't sound right with MO's saying:
1. You are always trading the truth found amidst a lie,
2. The truth is the precursor (1st box??) and the event (3rd box??) and the lie is the enclosure for the slaughtering of sheep,
3. The lie does not move toward or become truth (my hypothesis doesn't agree with this as truth followed lie)

Also, I wonder if the rule of third has any significance on how the price changes within the vertical box.

Lastly, I think period converter could give us a better picture of the custom time boxes (in this case 12 hour bar). However my period converter indicator always counts the bar from 00:00 of my broker time - I wonder if it could be modified to make it count from specific bar of my choice (spatial intellect, MO?)

Thanks.

Lis
Attachments
mo1.gif
mo1.gif (38.42 KiB) Viewed 3988 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:36 am

If there were a period converter with a selectable start time then life would be a hell of a lot less trouble.

You would see a burst of momentum and mark where it starts to die off.

If from start to finish that were 9 hours then you would set the period converter to start drawing bars 9 hours prior to the momentum and create 9 hour bars.

It would take almost no skill whatsoever to... :)

As far as price is concerned, a real move is when price moves further than the largest correction that returned to the extreme.

It is almost magical when you throw in a little common sense:

monolisa wrote:MO,

I am trying to understand your "messages". I think there are some elements of Mighty Zone in it.

On the attached GBPUSD H1 chart, you can see 3 dark blue vertical boxes. The first box was formed using the pre-breakout candle (left lower corner) and the highest high candle (right upper corner). Counting the number of bars there were 12. (cf. "instead of watching a specific time frame the time and magnitude of the period is based on the event and not decided by the trader.")

Copy the box to the next 12 bars and you have the 2nd dark blue box. Notice the lowest low of the 2nd box is the last candle of this box.

Again copy the box to the next lot of 12 hours. It seems price went thru the upper boundary of the box (long trade).

Now divide the height of the box (ie. price range) by 1/3 and you have the dark red horizontal box. Not sure if we can use it as Mighty Zone but it seems close.

So time and price do play a part in the setup. Looking at the vertical boxes I would say the 1st box was the truth (real move), the 2nd box was the lie (correction) and the 3rd was the truth (real move). But it doesn't sound right with MO's saying:
1. You are always trading the truth found amidst a lie,
2. The truth is the precursor (1st box??) and the event (3rd box??) and the lie is the enclosure for the slaughtering of sheep,
3. The lie does not move toward or become truth (my hypothesis doesn't agree with this as truth followed lie)

Also, I wonder if the rule of third has any significance on how the price changes within the vertical box.

Lastly, I think period converter could give us a better picture of the custom time boxes (in this case 12 hour bar). However my period converter indicator always counts the bar from 00:00 of my broker time - I wonder if it could be modified to make it count from specific bar of my choice (spatial intellect, MO?)

Thanks.

Lis

inzider

Postby inzider » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 am

What can i say, we are having hard core fun here!

MO I need to say I like your common sens and the way you go into the depth of the subject!

---------------------------------

Another question for you?!? ;)

I know you talked about money mangement but since i'm on MT4 and not MBT... i just can't fraction my size as you say...
Even their, I tough instead of getting a wider Sl whit my profit, to include those into my position but whit same SL.

Exemple, SL 25 pips whit 0.2 size balance 1500$, then when I make a 50$, i would risk 0.3 whit same 25 SL. So from 50$ to 75$ each time I make 50$, then go to 0.4 at next 50$, keeping this rate until 1 looser and start back. Max 4 winner then starting loop back also.

Something like that. Maby at each 100$ instead?!? Risking 25$ more on the next trade until a lost or 0.4 on next 100$ made?!?
My average win is 10 pips, and my W/L ratio is around 8/10.

I would just like to know you view on this. It somekind of kelly system but i can't find a sheet that would confirm my idea.

Plz let me know you idea about this idea.
Thx, much appreciated!

---------
Some reading on the subject :Mathematics of Money Mangement
Last edited by inzider on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB: "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 am

MO,

Thanks. Actually there's one available (with time shift function) but the period converter indicator doesn't work well over weekend period and there's some issue with refresh after you change the shift factor. I have attached a copy here.

Anyway I use custom candle to create custom period with specific opening time.

As you can see on the attached GBPUSD H1 chart ("mo2"), there was a burst of momentum after the candle marked with an upward arrow. I count the number of bars before the upward thrust disappear (n = 3). I then create 3 hr custom candles starting from the pre-momo candle. I note that price corrected in the next 2 candles, but the 3rd and 4th candles (bull bars) didn't have much momentum at all.

I would probably place a short limit order near the low of the 2nd bull bar. In hindsight momentum did increase and price broke downward.

Just wonder if you could explain a bit more about term extreme in this sentence "As far as price is concerned, a real move is when price moves further than the largest correction that returned to the extreme." If the attached chart is used where is the extreme?

Thanks again.

Lis

PS. I just notice there was a mighty zone play starting from the candle with a downward arrow on the chart "mo3". Correction was weak and the real move appeared, hit the "extreme" and went downward. Is it how I should play the setup?
Attachments
mo3.gif
mo3.gif (29.9 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
periodcon.mq4
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
mo2.gif
mo2.gif (31.7 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

thought some of you may find this interesting..........

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f151/
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Here is a 3 & FLEE adjusted for mini lots:

Your SL is whatever you want it to be

Max loss is 50 pips per day.

Choose whether you want to survive 3, 6, or 9 losing days.

inzider wrote:What can i say, we are having hard core fun here!

MO I need to say I like your common sens and the way you go into the depth of the subject!

---------------------------------

Another question for you?!? ;)

I know you talked about money mangement but since i'm on MT4 and not MBT... i just can't fraction my size as you say...
Even their, I tough instead of getting a wider Sl whit my profit, to include those into my position but whit same SL.

Exemple, SL 25 pips whit 0.2 size balance 1500$, then when I make a 50$, i would risk 0.3 whit same 25 SL. So from 50$ to 75$ each time I make 50$, then go to 0.4 at next 50$, keeping this rate until 1 looser and start back. Max 4 winner then starting loop back also.

Something like that. Maby at each 100$ instead?!? Risking 25$ more on the next trade until a lost or 0.4 on next 100$ made?!?
My average win is 10 pips, and my W/L ratio is around 8/10.

I would just like to know you view on this. It somekind of kelly system but i can't find a sheet that would confirm my idea.

Plz let me know you idea about this idea.
Thx, much appreciated!

---------
Some reading on the subject :Mathematics of Money Mangement
Attachments
TRO_MO_MoneyManagement.mq4
MM PER MINI
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

If you post the version of the custom candles that you are using that it would be more easy to answer your questions.

monolisa wrote:MO,

Thanks. Actually there's one available (with time shift function) but the period converter indicator doesn't work well over weekend period and there's some issue with refresh after you change the shift factor. I have attached a copy here.

Anyway I use custom candle to create custom period with specific opening time.

As you can see on the attached GBPUSD H1 chart ("mo2"), there was a burst of momentum after the candle marked with an upward arrow. I count the number of bars before the upward thrust disappear (n = 3). I then create 3 hr custom candles starting from the pre-momo candle. I note that price corrected in the next 2 candles, but the 3rd and 4th candles (bull bars) didn't have much momentum at all.

I would probably place a short limit order near the low of the 2nd bull bar. In hindsight momentum did increase and price broke downward.

Just wonder if you could explain a bit more about term extreme in this sentence "As far as price is concerned, a real move is when price moves further than the largest correction that returned to the extreme." If the attached chart is used where is the extreme?

Thanks again.

Lis

PS. I just notice there was a mighty zone play starting from the candle with a downward arrow on the chart "mo3". Correction was weak and the real move appeared, hit the "extreme" and went downward. Is it how I should play the setup?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”