Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Trading zero zones on M5!! :shock:

Next chart using constant range bar for comparison.

Thanks blubb for the visual ordering EA.

Lis
Attachments
gbpusdmr10d.gif
gbpusdmr10d.gif (43.19 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
gbpusdm5a.gif
gbpusdm5a.gif (41.64 KiB) Viewed 4301 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 pm

The best setup is a combination of time and price that also answers the question: did the highest high or lowest low come last?

An example would be to color the body of a candle red if price made a lower low last. If you did this then you would have a complete set of information.

I still use period converters as well as spacial intellect and graph paper to analyze the market from the top down and consider the possible value of a lot as it relates to position.
I then trade the smaller time frames with my notes beside me.

HOURS and HOURS of studying goes into mapping where I am in the grand picture and analysis BEFORE I place a single trade.

It may sound ridiculous and even unnecessary, but I eat traders for breakfast and I am still starving :shock:

Traders like to show their 60-200 pip gain that they caught using their little system and no thought, but I see the same traders years later without hundreds of thousands let alone millions and it is all do to their failure to plan.

monolisa wrote:MO,

I recall that you use a number of TF other than the ones in MT4 (eg. 130m). Are you still using it?

I also remember you mentioned that using a combination of TF (eg. M10, M20. M30, etc) might help. Are you able to elaborate on how these TF could be used for trading?

I am still trying to find out which setup (Range based vs Time based - even tick based) is useful for high range pairs like GBPUSD.

THanks for your help.
Lis

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 pm

MO,

So the best setup would be time-based charts with the most recent highest high/lowest low marked? How far do you look back when you identify these highs/lows?

I understand the need to plan for trading. However, where should I start (eg. monthly chart) and which important areas I should concentrate on?

Thanks

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:34 pm

The highest high and lowest low of a single candle...which came last?
A candle could have closed green having last made a lower low and you need to know that.

Three candles show the way

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

Several candles show the way

they are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

So the best setup would be time-based charts with the most recent highest high/lowest low marked? How far do you look back when you identify these highs/lows?

I understand the need to plan for trading. However, where should I start (eg. monthly chart) and which important areas I should concentrate on?

Thanks

Lis

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

MO,

Referring to the attahed M5 chart (with H1 candle superimposed), do the arrows correctly show the last highest high or lowest low of each H1 candle?

Regarding 3 candles, current candle is the lie and the previous 2 candles were the truth. Is it how you interpret it?

Thanks.

Lis
Attachments
hhll.gif
hhll.gif (35.13 KiB) Viewed 4317 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:12 pm

You are always trading the truth found amidst a lie; taking the narrow road that leads toward reward.

The truth is the precursor and the event and the lie is the enclosure for the slaughtering of sheep.

The lie does not move toward or become truth :shock:

The truth is the the punishment for those that believe the lie.

Are we still talking about trading? :lol:

Referring to the attahed M5 chart (with H1 candle superimposed), do the arrows correctly show the last highest high or lowest low of each H1 candle?

Regarding 3 candles, current candle is the lie and the previous 2 candles were the truth. Is it how you interpret it?

Thanks.

Lis

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:40 pm

I don't know what will happen to the market if I release all of my trading secrets.
Imagine the little guys breaking the banks like Russians rising against communism...

I am humble

No, really I am :lol:

They are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Do you really think it would change the market? I mean, markets exist for a long time already. Every idea has already been thought of. And I think even been published, too. Everything that can be programmed has been programmed. Yet there is no holy grail, because this info would be no secret for long! I don't think that there is some secret information that could bring down the market.
Well, on the other hand... no one knows! :-) And if I were you, I'd be very very curious about what would happen. ;-)

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:58 pm

MightyOne wrote:I don't know what will happen to the market if I release all of my trading secrets.
Imagine the little guys breaking the banks like Russians rising against communism...

I am humble

No, really I am :lol:

They are but three

2/3 truth and 1/3 lie

well what i see-- and it is not much---

but

visual looking at it in a spacial intellect type of way

the first two boxes-- candles-- have a certain width( time wise) which is equally to all three. the first two boxes have completed, and the 3rd box---time wise-- has not completed yet--------when you are watching the 3rd box in real time---------------------

so...............

the first two boxes that have completed are the 2/3rd's truth and the unfinished box is the 1/3 lie

not sure what that tells me or anyone else----

what does that tell you?

or is what i said even what you are trying to get across?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:29 pm

MightyOne wrote:The best setup is a combination of time and price that also answers the question: did the highest high or lowest low come last?

TRO_HHLL_Elaspedtime does just that.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”