Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:13 pm

The wick in the direction of loss refers to arriving at the zone and trading in the direction of profit.

Body in the direction of profit

Arrive at the zone

Trade in the direction of profit

If price never falls back to the zone then trade in the direction of profit beyond the momentum bar's close.

Zero line Methods don't tell you when to enter they tell you in which direction and around where to enter.

Use your own entry method :!:

Azuremaster wrote:
monolisa wrote:Personally my zline trade involves a breakout and a momo bar, and follow the saying "body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss.

The chart was for a long trade. The candle after the momo bar "wicked" the zline and up it went :)

I see, so you wait for the bar that wicked the zline to close and then go long?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm

ES/PIP, Dragon, and I do not trade zero lines the same way.

Zero Lines do not signal trades, but if his entry method is to place an order on a zero line then the zero line is also his signal to enter.

Zero Lines are not a signal to enter, he just picked that method of entry to trade zero lines.

Small TF Charts:

Traders that trade small time frames generally do not hold onto profit or use stops worth targeting.

If I run them over it is because they just happened to be on the same road as a high TF trader.

You confuse the stops in the picture as being my own? :lol:

Azuremaster wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Zero Lines are only for discretionary traders and that is why there are only about 5 or so traders on this forum that make money with them.

OK

MightyOne wrote:They were meant to be analyzed on 4 hour or greater time frames!

If you want to use them on a 5m chart then go ahead and act a fool :lol:

Wow MightyOne, now I am totally confused. Looks like the fact that 90% of ZL charts I see in this thread are 5min and 15min is an illusion!

MightyOne wrote: Zero Lines do not signal trades!

Their purpose is to determine direction and areas where there is a low chance of draw down.

I see that Es/pip enters off 5/15 min ZLs. But now you say that ZLs do not signal trades...

MightyOne wrote:
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PICTURE THEN ZERO LINES ARE NOT FOR YOU:

I think I can understand the concept. I see that you combine 6-7 4hr bars into one. And the zero lines are located in the lower half of that combined bar. But I don't understand why there are 4 ZL. And 200 pips stops? This is something new. You always taught that SL should be less than 20 pips and therefore we trade off 5min chart but not 4hr.

Thanks for your answers MightyOne, I really appreciate it!

razorboy

Look MA..........no stops or limits

Postby razorboy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:ES/PIP, Dragon, and I do not trade zero lines the same way.

Zero Lines do not signal trades, but if his entry method is to place an order on a zero line then the zero line is also his signal to enter.

Zero Lines are not a signal to enter, he just picked that method of entry to trade zero lines.

Small TF Charts:

Traders that trade small time frames generally do not hold onto profit or use stops worth targeting.

If I run them over it is because they just happened to be on the same road as a high TF trader.

You confuse the stops in the picture as being my own? :lol:

Azuremaster wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Zero Lines are only for discretionary traders and that is why there are only about 5 or so traders on this forum that make money with them.

OK

MightyOne wrote:They were meant to be analyzed on 4 hour or greater time frames!

If you want to use them on a 5m chart then go ahead and act a fool :lol:

Wow MightyOne, now I am totally confused. Looks like the fact that 90% of ZL charts I see in this thread are 5min and 15min is an illusion!

MightyOne wrote: Zero Lines do not signal trades!

Their purpose is to determine direction and areas where there is a low chance of draw down.

I see that Es/pip enters off 5/15 min ZLs. But now you say that ZLs do not signal trades...

MightyOne wrote:
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PICTURE THEN ZERO LINES ARE NOT FOR YOU:

I think I can understand the concept. I see that you combine 6-7 4hr bars into one. And the zero lines are located in the lower half of that combined bar. But I don't understand why there are 4 ZL. And 200 pips stops? This is something new. You always taught that SL should be less than 20 pips and therefore we trade off 5min chart but not 4hr.

Thanks for your answers MightyOne, I really appreciate it!

In the beginning i used it as a signal to get in. Now i only use it to trade the right direction. Nothing more.
I have switcht my trading to the H1 if this can satisfy me then i am going to do the same on the H4.
The last few weeks i am more relaxed as ever before. I can choose nice entry's make nice runs and reenter multiple times.

MightyOne

Re: Look MA..........no stops or limits

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm

WTF covers it...what else can you say about a rule like that.

You can get around the inability to modify orders by using an EA.

razorboy wrote:http://www.fxcm.com/lp3-nfa-fifo.jsp

seriously, WTF!!!!!!

Azuremaster

Postby Azuremaster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:04 pm

MightyOne wrote: If price never falls back to the zone then trade in the direction of profit beyond the momentum bar's close.

Are you talking that I can immediately buy at market if price goes above the momentum bar?

MightyOne wrote:Zero line Methods don't tell you when to enter they tell you in which direction and around where to enter.
Use your own entry method :!:

ES/PIP, Dragon, and I do not trade zero lines the same way.

It looks like that ES/PIP just enters when he sees rejection off zline area. He sees body in the direction of profit, arrival at the zone (candle with lower wick) and then he puts market order.

I think of following methods to enter:
1. Limit order. Not a good idea in my opinion, we do not know for sure that we will get a wick in the zone.
2. Entry just after the bar that forms wick in the direction of loss. So we have body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss and after close of that second bar we enter.
3. Buystop order above the body in the direction of profit after we got a wick in the direction of loss.

What do you think MightyOne? Are there any better methods?

MightyOne wrote:You confuse the stops in the picture as being my own?

I guess the stops are not your own and you plan to take longs there?
Looks like you use a fib tool to get those ZL and stop levels. Not sure why.

charleyhankins

Postby charleyhankins » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

TRO, would it be possible to build in an alarm to TRO_DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR_TRAIL to sound when "ok to short" or "ok to long" displays. I am working during the NY session and can't concentrate on the charts. I think an alarm to that effect might be a great help. What do you think?
Thanks,
CH

Azuremaster

Postby Azuremaster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 pm

dragon33 wrote:In the beginning i used it as a signal to get in. Now i only use it to trade the right direction. Nothing more.
I have switcht my trading to the H1 if this can satisfy me then i am going to do the same on the H4.
The last few weeks i am more relaxed as ever before. I can choose nice entry's make nice runs and reenter multiple times.

Dragon, could you please clarify. You see momentum green candle on H1. Then you:
wait for the next h1 candle to form a wick in the direction of loss and enter after close of that candle
Or wait for price to retrace near the low of H1 momentum green candle and buy there using lower timeframes
Or place buystop order above the momentum green candle?

Thanks.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 pm

someone call me----------------lol

MO, thats the only reason you miss me?

:D

i will post more in depth on some of this later today and post some trades i did today.

Like i said before i was going to stop posting all the trade examples bec. it is the same thing over and over again and if you cant get it from what MO, Dragon and I have posted i just didn't see the point in continuing to post the same stuff over and over again.

To the OP that posted all the zline trades and had 2 winners out of 18 trades.
------#1--- that is a 5 min chart and you made 18 trades in like 3 hrs---- too much.

#2--- it looks like every time you see a bar that is 2x a previous bar you are just blindly entering 50% of that bar just bec.---- you cant do that---- not the way this works if it was then every one and their mother would trade it and be worth gazillions.

#3 i trade 5min up to weekly charts---------- if i trade the 5min i am aware of where the higher time frames are and what the big picture is saying. I also do not go all in on a trade, i average into it in my favor.

#4-- if it does not happen on consecutive bars then it is an area that you trade away from

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as Mo stated in the past and reiterated just now

zlines or MZ's are not triggers--- you do not just take it bec it is there----

you cannot just trade a 5 min chart---well i guess you can but it is going to hurt----again if i am trading on the 5 min i know exactly where we are in the scheme of the big picture.

i still check this thread everyday just have not been posting. Still trading the zline stuff. Havent been trading a ton lately had some residential and commercial real estate issues------damn economy
:evil:

AGAIN----I DO NOT TRADE THIS THE EXACT SAME WAY AS MO OR DRAGON

i look for held profits and trade accordingly

got stopped on this one on a 1/4 position and then got back in

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 pm

charleyhankins wrote:TRO, would it be possible to build in an alarm to TRO_DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR_TRAIL to sound when "ok to short" or "ok to long" displays. I am working during the NY session and can't concentrate on the charts. I think an alarm to that effect might be a great help. What do you think?
Thanks,
CH

Have you tried turning the alerts ON?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”