Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

teoman

Postby teoman » Sat May 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Tradıng ıs like a countıng blackjack game for me.

When you have an edge, put all your money with a kelly ratio , on the table,

When you dont have an edge, leave the table, keep counting the cards...

I only trade with 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION.mq4 with H1

nothing I need more...

Semafor is enough...

Because I need to check to many pairs and futures.I an doing manually now,I want you guys help me to build an alarm
inside of it.

For me edge is only 2-2 semafor comes sequentially.

3-3 or 3-1-1, 3-2-1 means nothing...because it repaints...this is my opinion.

But 2-2 is something different and power of the semafor indicator..

TheRumpledOne has built an alarm inside of this indicator but this alarms when semafor comes.

I need only when 2-2 semafor comes sequentially.

How I trade is, when 2-2 semafor ( not 212 or 232 or 33 only 2-2) comes,

I open my position before 20 seconds , and whatever semofor comes other than 2, I close my positions before 20 seconds,

If another 2 comes again 2-2 occurs I change my short positions, to long, and waiting to close with any other semafor.

I kindly request Could someone (or TheRumpledOne) help me put an alarm to this indicator when 2-2 comes sequentially...

Best Regards...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat May 30, 2009 6:01 pm

THE FOUR POISONS
Janice Dorn, M.D., Ph.D.

May 30, 2009

How did I get into this, and how do I get out of it again, and how does it work?... Soren Kierkegaard

Night falls as the road narrows, leaving the paved highway and winding its way up the mile-high mountain. Squinting, I see a large shadow that comes slowly into focus. It's a gorgeous structure built by my friend who made millions in a business that nobody else wanted. He endured hardships, including law suits, major financial losses, an arsonist who set fire to his property twice, persecution from those who said it couldn't be done and betrayal from the love of his life. At 35 years of age, he is a role model, community leader and a seventh degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do. His name is Able, and he is a survivor.

His 20,000-square-foot home on the mountaintop is a testament to Able's ability to face the wilderness and return as a triumphant survivor. He refused to quit, kept his discipline and never stopped moving forward until he emerged on the other side. Right next to the palatial estate is a 5,000-square-foot structure called a dojo. It is immaculate, and there are a several parents chatting while their children prepare for class. The children, ranging in age from 6 to 14, are dressed in white outfits, each with a different colored belt. They are talking, punching, kicking and waiting.

At exactly 7:30 p.m., Able enters the room, and the lesson begins. The class is free for all who dare to make the trip and the commitment. It is Able's way of giving back to those who want to give to themselves. It's a joy to see the children so engaged in learning to defend themselves, making themselves stronger, and giving up time they might be spending with TV or just hanging out. Like Able, they are learning the art of survival.

The wilderness is a metaphor for the challenges that we face on a daily basis--both in the markets and in life. The behavior of the markets over the past year has taught us how to survive. We survive by preserving our financial capital, and with that, our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual capital. The markets will not rescue us from the wilderness. In fact, they are the wilderness. It is our responsibility to do whatever we can to face them and to survive.

How do we survive under such brutal and unfriendly conditions? How do we make it through the wilderness to the mountaintop? Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why by Laurence Gonzales (published 2004, W. W. Norton & Company) has many lessons for traders and here is one of them:

There is a Korean martial art called Kum Do. This is a brutal game that involves a fight to the death with very sharp swords. The way it is practiced today is with bamboo sticks, but the moves are the same. Kum Do teaches the student warriors to avoid what are called "The Four Poisons of the Mind." These are: fear, confusion, hesitation and surprise. In Kum Do, the student must be constantly on guard to never anticipate the next move of the opponent. Likewise, the student must never allow his natural tendencies for prediction to get the better of him. Having a preconceived bias of what the markets or the opponents will do can lead to momentary confusion and--in the case of Kum Do--to death. A single blow in Kum Do can be lethal, and is the final cut, since the object is to kill the opponent. One blow-->death-->game over.

Instead of predicting, anticipating, and being in fear and confusion, you must do exactly the opposite if you are to survive a death blow from the market movements. You must watch with a calm, clear and collected attitude and then strike just at the right time. A few seconds of anticipation, hesitation or confusion can mean the difference between life and death in Kum Do--and wins or losses in the stock markets. If you are not in tune with the four poisons of fear, confusion, hesitation or surprise in the markets, you are at risk for ruin. Ruin means that your money is gone and the game is over.

How can you avoid the four poisons of the trading mind: fear,
confusion, hesitation and surprise?

Replace fear with faith--faith in your trading model and trading plan

Replace confusion with the attitude of being comfortable with uncertainty

Replace hesitation with decisive action

Replace surprise with the taking nothing for granted and preparing yourself for anything.

Always remember the long and winding road to the top of the mountain in the dark of night. Success in trading is a long journey with many twists and turns. You can and will get there if you are patient, watchful, non-anticipatory and always on guard for the exact moment when you can strike. Trading is a game of survival and the spoils are money. It's your money, your life and your future. You have the power to survive and flourish if you remember the lessons from Able and Kum Do.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat... Sun Tzu
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 pm

I kindly request Could someone (or TheRumpledOne) help me put an alarm to this indicator when 2-2 comes sequentially...

======================

Just drag the 3 Level ZZ Semafor TRO MODIFIED onto your chart a second time, replace the 5 and 34 input peroids with 0 and set the alarm to true.

This will only sound when a "2" appears.

In the first indicator, set the alarm to false so it doesn't alert you.

By the way, if there is a "3", there's a "2" and a "1" under it. And if there is a "2", there's a "1" under it.
Last edited by TheRumpledOne on Sat May 30, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razorboy

zero profit in a trading range

Postby razorboy » Sat May 30, 2009 6:12 pm

just some random observations - please feel free to jump in and point out errors in my logic
The market leaves no over all profit in any trading range (except for the very savvy who enter in the correct direction at the extremes.

[s]Everyone must be zeroed out.[/s] 95% of people must get zeroed out

Wicks are considered to have zeroed themselves out - hence the "illusion" when analyzing the market - they already have zero profit left in them - for the most part (again, here is where the 5% of profit maker get in

The bodies are what need to get zeroed out - either by another body or by a wick. A wick will not zero out another wick.......if a wick looks to be zeroing out a wick - it is zeroing out a previous pocket of profit that you may or may not see. Movement in that direction stops when the profit is gone.

Now to figure out which pocket gets it next...............

EDIT - let me add to this. The MOMO bars that bridge two zones are often the hardest/last to get zeroed out. if they dont get zeroed out in a range, this means that price is moving in a larger range than you are paying attention to......
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 30, 2009 7:19 pm

If you don't want to make 75+ pips per week then there is nothing for me to say now is there ;)

You say that it is more risky, but I am risking less than 19 pips per trade just like every one else here.

Risky is putting your self in the position to lose 19 pips more frequently than is needed to achieve the same daily or weekly result.

"some days I hit those big moves spot on and other times a disaster" -Razorboy

All I can really tell you is that price does move a hundred or hundreds of pips from the daily extremes within & every 24 hours.

Think about that for a second...

Price is doing some thing EVERY DAY and you are missing out on the moves why?

Price will make higher highs and price will make lower lows, but eventually price will not and eventually price will circle the world 9 times heading either North or South.

teoman

Postby teoman » Sat May 30, 2009 7:41 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:In the first indicator, set the alarm to false so it doesn't alert you.

thanks for your reply, but what is the dıfference ıf I enabled alarm true at fırst ındıcator and edıt the mq4 fıle as only sıgnal wıth 2, do not sıgnal wıth 1 and 3 wıth // ... without adding the second time..

do you thınk to add zz for the second tıme, wıll it gıve alert signal when 2 -2 appears sequentially.

By the way, if there is a "3", there's a "2" and a "1" under it. And if there is a "2", there's a "1" under it.

sorry dont understand that what means...

EDIT----Ups I understand what means, but why it does not show it on the graph, and when we look at the graph we just see 2 then...

Regards...
Last edited by teoman on Sat May 30, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat May 30, 2009 7:48 pm

actually, I think it is much less risky than going for 75 pips. I am all about the "+" side of 75 pips...................

75 pips a week tells me you are using a system and probably scalping with huge leverage and big stop losses and not really "reading the market" (hey, if you can do this week in and week out, all the power to you). 650 pips a week with 100 and 200 pip stop loses playing the daily charts a la the james16 group isn't exactly my cup of tea.

650 with a small amount of risk, means you know how read the market properly and have patience to sit and wait for the right time to buy.

I have the patience........still learning how to read things....

The disasters come when I think I have thought that price has stopped going one way, and it hasn't or I think that price is going to go further and it doesn't. Must separate knowing from knowledge as some may say

MightyOne wrote:If you don't want to make 75+ pips per week then there is nothing for me to say now is there ;)

You say that it is more risky, but I am risking less than 19 pips per trade just like every one else here.

Risky is putting your self in the position to lose 19 pips more frequently than is needed to achieve the same daily or weekly result.

All I can really tell you is that price does move a hundred or hundreds of pips from the daily extremes within & every 24 hours.

Price will make higher highs and price will make lower lows, but eventually price will not and eventually price will circle the world 9 times heading either North or South.
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

razorboy

more of my babbling.........

Postby razorboy » Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 pm

The blue zones are were I see profit still being held - potential moves - the question is...........what is the order.

Price should not move out of a zone/range until all the profit is eliminated.....correct?

There may actually be a sliver of profit remaining below the large blue space at the top - should mark off the top of this trading range. - Just noticed a price gap - not sure if this is an artifact or actual -something to investigate

Insight, insults and gifts are always welcomed. I promise that once I start getting better at this, I will write in more abstract, zen terms............

PS........and a close of a momo bar in to a zone (and preferably beyond an earlier momo bar inthe same direction) that had previously zeroed out indicates the potential for a countermove rather than a correction (price didnt come back to a previous high before going the other way) and then the zeroing out process has to start again.

razorboy wrote:actually, I think it is much less risky than going for 75 pips. I am all about the "+" side of 75 pips...................

75 pips a week tells me you are using a system and probably scalping with huge leverage and big stop losses and not really "reading the market" (hey, if you can do this week in and week out, all the power to you). 650 pips a week with 100 and 200 pip stop loses playing the daily charts a la the james16 group isn't exactly my cup of tea.

650 with a small amount of risk, means you know how read the market properly and have patience to sit and wait for the right time to buy.

I have the patience........still learning how to read things....

The disasters come when I think I have thought that price has stopped going one way, and it hasn't or I think that price is going to go further and it doesn't. Must separate knowing from knowledge as some may say

MightyOne wrote:If you don't want to make 75+ pips per week then there is nothing for me to say now is there ;)

Last edited by razorboy on Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Sat May 30, 2009 8:51 pm

teoman wrote:Tradıng ıs like a countıng blackjack game for me.

When you have an edge, put all your money with a kelly ratio , on the table,

When you dont have an edge, leave the table, keep counting the cards...

I only trade with 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION.mq4 with H1

nothing I need more...

Semafor is enough...

Because I need to check to many pairs and futures.I an doing manually now,I want you guys help me to build an alarm
inside of it.

For me edge is only 2-2 semafor comes sequentially.

3-3 or 3-1-1, 3-2-1 means nothing...because it repaints...this is my opinion.

But 2-2 is something different and power of the semafor indicator..

TheRumpledOne has built an alarm inside of this indicator but this alarms when semafor comes.

I need only when 2-2 semafor comes sequentially.

How I trade is, when 2-2 semafor ( not 212 or 232 or 33 only 2-2) comes,

I open my position before 20 seconds , and whatever semofor comes other than 2, I close my positions before 20 seconds,

If another 2 comes again 2-2 occurs I change my short positions, to long, and waiting to close with any other semafor.

Best Regards...

teoman,
Thank you for sharing. I havent been paying enough attention to the 2 Semafors to know but are you saying the 2s dont repaint? I am surprised to hear that if that is the case. I know all to well the 3s and 1s repaint.

If the 2s do repaint then there is chance you will enter a reverse on a breakout candle. When this happens the banks drain me.
All I need is Supply and Demand

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Are people STILL talking about REPAINT? When are you going to REALIZE that PRICE MOVES!!

How in the world can an indicator tell you that THIS PRICE is the zigzag point and price is going to reverse?

Once again, when you see a semafor appear - LOOK FOR A BREAKOUT FIRST THEN LOOK FOR PRICE TO REVERSE.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”