Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 09, 2009 11:40 pm

You would just be averaging into a position on a really small scale.

DT is easy...

It all comes down to:

Long above 4hr+ High BO

Short below BO line after High Breakout and reverse.

razorboy wrote:I am assuming this is a scalping play.............or are you dropping off units a price goes your way to build profit to grow your SL?

I am still beating myself to figure out how to use the dynamic trend approach and when the trend needs to be recalculated.........

MightyOne wrote:~ 2 ticks of movement from click to click.

razorboy wrote:What is your definition of "immediately"?

MightyOne wrote:All you are doing is entering 20% of your position per click instead of all at once.

If you want the go long 1 standard at a line then go long 2 mini lots instead. If all is well then immediately add 2 more and then 2 more and then 2 more until you have 1 standard lot.

I'd say that the time between clicks is the time it takes you to say "all is well."

If some thing goes wrong you will know because your trigger finger will start to freeze over :shocked:
If price hits a 00 line and you enter 2 mini lots and price responds by reversing 20 pips then you are not going to keep clicking the button.

If price does start to take off then you have nothing to worry about; you are making money so keep clicking until you have a position of 1 standard.

Let patience be your edge...

holy123 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I considered for hours upon hours which method of money management offered to lowest draw down and the greatest potential reward and have come up with a few answers.

Method 1: The Tortoise:

Let us say that you wish to go short 1 standard lot upon receiving an indication to do so:

1. Instead of setting your one click entry to 1 standard lot set it to 2 mini lots.
2. Push the button and enter 2 mini lots

Did price slam into your SL? No biggie!

3. Does every thing appear to be ok ie no adverse reactions? Ok then push the button again and now you are up to 4 mini lots.

You don't have to wait for a specific amount of time; think of it as crossing several streets pausing for a second at each one to make sure that there are no oncoming cars.

If price retraced 6 pips and held steady then your next push of the button would contain a SL that is 6 pips higher than the first short.

I would consider an adverse reaction to be a near instantaneous move against me of 9 or more pips.

What if price shoots up 40, 60, or 80 pips and I only got 1 click off!

How often does this happen?

You should trade as if only bad things happen and consider the good times to be a blessing.

Hi MO,

always glad to learn from you.

could you please elaborate a bit more on this ?
Maybe give an example. That would be really helpful.

thanks a lot

h123

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 10, 2009 12:36 am

NEVER LOSE AGAIN

Paraphrasing Mark Douglas

1) Your entry gives you your "edge". Since the outcome of any particular entry is unknown, you must take every entry signal.

2) Your risk/reward and money management are simply outputs of formulas. Just plug in your numbers, make sure they make sense and use the results.

3) FLAWLESS execution of entries and exits is all that is left for you to do. Execute your trades "without reservation, without hesitation, without fear."

4) There is nothing to THINK about.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 am

aren't you adding the range of candles of "1" and "2" to the "0" candle? to determine the DT and then making your entries above that for a high BO if the breakout candle goes thru the ranges of 1 and 2?

I'm trying to combine this with a horizontal line entry approach and trying to figure out how long this trend stays in effect for as sometimes it seems to be deadly accurate and others it seems to give exactly the opposite entry signals

MightyOne wrote:You would just be averaging into a position on a really small scale.

DT is easy...

It all comes down to:

Long above 4hr+ High BO

razorboy wrote:I am assuming this is a scalping play.............or are you dropping off units a price goes your way to build profit to grow your SL?

I am still beating myself to figure out how to use the dynamic trend approach and when the trend needs to be recalculated.........

MightyOne wrote:All you are doing is entering 20% of your position per click instead of all at once.

If you want the go long 1 standard at a line then go long 2 mini lots instead. If all is well then immediately add 2 more and then 2 more and then 2 more until you have 1 standard lot.

I'd say that the time between clicks is the time it takes you to say "all is well."

If some thing goes wrong you will know because your trigger finger will start to freeze over :shocked:
If price hits a 00 line and you enter 2 mini lots and price responds by reversing 20 pips then you are not going to keep clicking the button.

If price does start to take off then you have nothing to worry about; you are making money so keep clicking until you have a position of 1 standard.

holy123 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I considered for hours upon hours which method of money management offered to lowest draw down and the greatest potential reward and have come up with a few answers.

Let us say that you wish to go short 1 standard lot upon receiving an indication to do so:

1. Instead of setting your one click entry to 1 standard lot set it to 2 mini lots.

3. Does every thing appear to be ok ie no adverse reactions? Ok then push the button again and now you are up to 4 mini lots.

You don't have to wait for a specific amount of time; think of it as crossing several streets pausing for a second at each one to make sure that there are no oncoming cars.

If price retraced 6 pips and held steady then your next push of the button would contain a SL that is 6 pips higher than the first short.

I would consider an adverse reaction to be a near instantaneous move against me of 9 or more pips.

You should trade as if only bad things happen and consider the good times to be a blessing.

Hi MO,

thanks a lot

h123
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Razor,
In a "dynamic" market wouldn't this be the case just as if you were playing a sup/res line. Sometimes it breaks and sometimes it reverses.
Have your tried the TRO-MODT indy?

It sounds as though MO is integrating it with the higher TF to get more kick one way or the other.

I would like a course in the Dynamic PC. But then again maybe it doesn't matter what it symbolizes/represents as long as you use MM and just play the breaks and reversals from the extremes.

Heck, I don't know but it sure is nice to take a line trade when the stars are aligned because things work out much better.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun May 10, 2009 3:27 pm

and then it reverse..........just after it breaks.....................:)

I am attempting to use the dynamic trend concept on the higher time frame as well.

prochargedmopar wrote:Razor,
In a "dynamic" market wouldn't this be the case just as if you were playing a sup/res line. Sometimes it breaks and sometimes it reverses.
Have your tried the TRO-MODT indy?

It sounds as though MO is integrating it with the higher TF to get more kick one way or the other.

I would like a course in the Dynamic PC. But then again maybe it doesn't matter what it symbolizes/represents as long as you use MM and just play the breaks and reversals from the extremes.

Heck, I don't know but it sure is nice to take a line trade when the stars are aligned because things work out much better.
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 10, 2009 6:46 pm

After a breakout your are long above & short below.

The prev. 2 candles are used for possible reversal points or take profit.
If you decide to use it as a reversal point then you are simply short below and long above this new line.

Remember that this is used on 4hr or greater charts

razorboy wrote:aren't you adding the range of candles of "1" and "2" to the "0" candle? to determine the DT and then making your entries above that for a high BO if the breakout candle goes thru the ranges of 1 and 2?

I'm trying to combine this with a horizontal line entry approach and trying to figure out how long this trend stays in effect for as sometimes it seems to be deadly accurate and others it seems to give exactly the opposite entry signals

MightyOne wrote:You would just be averaging into a position on a really small scale.

DT is easy...

It all comes down to:

Long above 4hr+ High BO

holy123 wrote:

Hi MO,

thanks a lot

h123

reganbw

Postby reganbw » Mon May 11, 2009 8:12 pm

MO, did you ever finish your e-book?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 am

If It were finished then every one would know about it including you

:wink:

reganbw wrote:MO, did you ever finish your e-book?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 am

:shock: Who needs candles when you have TRO indicators? :shock:

oldmangeezer

Mighty One Trade

Postby oldmangeezer » Wed May 13, 2009 8:04 am

Mightyone,

What to you look for when you trade off this chart?

Thanks

Return to “TheRumpledOne”