Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 am

BUT...............he uses squiggles...............quick, someone bust him:)

TheRumpledOne wrote:Q: Well, maybe you need to tweak your style. Have you ever thought about altering your trading style by (names a variety of "tweaks")?
A: Nope, and never will.

Q: Why not?
A: As I've said, focus is the only thing that will ever keep me from making money. I have no interest, desire, plan to change how I trade ... ever ... and I turn a deaf ear to anyone who suggests I tweak my approach. Frankly, it gets mentally filtered out the moment I see or hear the suggestion. Let's never forget Seve Ballesteros. It's all and only about focus and execution. Always has been and always will. Said another way, why buy another lock when you know the combination???

http://donmillerjournal.blogspot.com/20 ... ction.html
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 03, 2009 2:45 pm

LOL!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Re: A Support And Res Question for MO

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm

You go long 1 unit which is divisible by 3 w/ a 9 pip (0.9%) sl and take profit of 1/3 of your position at 13 pips.

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 67% of one unit remains to retrace 13 "steps" the size of which is based on one unit

There for price has to retrace 19.4 "steps" to reach break even
(13 / 0.67).

You go long 1 unit which is divisible by 2 w/ a 9 pip (0.9%) sl and take profit of 1/3 of your position at 13 pips.

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 50% of 1 unit remains to retrace 13 steps the size of which is based on one unit.

Price has to retrace 26 pips to reach break even (13 / 0.5)

I should have said Profit / %PositionHeld - Profit = StoplossDistanceFromEntry = Break Even
Last edited by MightyOne on Mon May 04, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun May 03, 2009 8:29 pm

I remember when you first introduced this comcept and I think that some of us could not figure it out as were werent thinking of in terms of divisible positions, so some of us were plowing profit from "previous trades" into current trades.

OK maybe just i was thinking like that.

Josh

MightyOne wrote:You go long 1 unit which is divisible by 3 w/ a 9 pip (0.9%) sl and take profit of 1/3 of your position at 13 pips.

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 67% of one unit remains to retrace 13 "steps" the size of which are one unit.

(13 / 0.67).

You go long 1 unit which is divisible by 2 w/ a 9 pip (0.9%) sl and take profit of 1/3 of your position at 13 pips.

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 50% of 1 unit remains to retrace 13 steps the size of which are one unit.

I should have said Profit / %PositionHeld - Profit = StoplossDistanceFromEntry = Break Even
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 pm

MightyOne wrote:You go long 1 unit which is divisible by 3 w/ a 9 pip (0.9%) sl and take profit of 1/3 of your position at 13 pips.

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 67% of one unit remains to retrace 13 "steps" the size of which are one unit.

(13 / 0.67).

One unit made 13 pips of unrealized profit and 50% of 1 unit remains to retrace 13 steps the size of which are one unit.

Thanks, I got that. You move your s/l from -9 pips to -6.4 in the first example and from -9 pips to -13 in the second example which will give you a bigger buffer at the expense of profit relative to the first example.

What makes you choose one or the other ?

ak

Paltalk

Postby ak » Sun May 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I just downloaded Paltalk. Can someone tell me how to connect
to Tro's room?
Thanks!

ak

PTG

Re: Paltalk

Postby PTG » Sun May 03, 2009 10:31 pm

ak wrote:I just downloaded Paltalk. Can someone tell me how to connect
to Tro's room?
Thanks!

ak

Do a search for 'Two Percent Club'. There is a search field at the bottom of the Paltalk Scene window.

The room is up and running.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 am

I do plow profits from prev. trades into the next trade if liquidating 100% instead of a fraction of my position.

Alternatively you could:

1. Exit 100% at +13: 13 / 1 = 13 pip stop on next trade.

Re enter with a full position on your next trade.

2. Exit 100% at +13: 13/ 0.67 = 19.4 SL on next trade.

Re enter with 2/3 of a position on your next trade.

3. Exit 100% at +5: 5 / 0.5 = 10 pip SL on next trade.

We only took a 5 pip profit so we enter a half position on next
trade so that we can use a decent SL.

3. Exit 100% at +5: 5 / 0.33 = 15.1 pip SL on next trade.

Some times you might feel like re entering with 1/3 a position instead of re entering a full with a 14 pip SL (5 + prev9 pip SL) or doing some thing crazy like entering with a 5p SL.

The only problem with exiting 100% of your position is a surprise move for 40-70 pips while you are waiting on the side lines (total bummer :wink:)

If your plan is to use a SL around or equal to your initial SL then you would want to exit half or more of your position and either keep your SL the same or adjust it lower/higher at your leisure.

Just because you make a profit on THIS TRADE that does not mean that you have to continue trading THIS MOVE.
If you feel tired or you are low on beer :wink: then you can use the profit from the prev. trade 4+ hours later when you start trading again.

razorboy wrote:I remember when you first introduced this comcept and I think that some of us could not figure it out as were werent thinking of in terms of divisible positions, so some of us were plowing profit from "previous trades" into current trades.

OK maybe just i was thinking like that.

Josh

(13 / 0.67).

:wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 am

Trading reversals:

When in congestion liquidate less and when in a trend liquidate more.

PTG wrote:

(13 / 0.67).

Thanks, I got that. You move your s/l from -9 pips to -6.4 in the first example and from -9 pips to -13 in the second example which will give you a bigger buffer at the expense of profit relative to the first example.

What makes you choose one or the other ?

razorboy

Going Down Down Down..........

Postby razorboy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am

Wow, a short on the Eur/Yen........rare these days, ok maybe not that rare

h1 - new, lower highs. you could even say there was some resistance forming

lower highs on the m15

Short just after price fell through the red line - 32.04

added at 31.85

cover at 31.79 - not having looked at charts since i closed out - my mistake on this trade may have been not pressing my winner more - hit daily target for pipage..

Return to “TheRumpledOne”