Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

deeforex

Postby deeforex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm

I keep remembering the posts that say to add the range to "the fergin' low". I think this throws me off when the candle color changes from green to red and we're subtracting the range from the high (is this even correct??)

Which of the following dynamic lines the correct one? the Blue or Yellow 58%? I think it's the Yellow one.

Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:32 pm

which candles are you using to make your calculations?

deeforex wrote:I keep remembering the posts that say to add the range to "the fergin' low". I think this throws me off when the candle color changes from green to red and we're subtracting the range from the high (is this even correct??)

Which of the following dynamic lines the correct one? the Blue or Yellow 58%? I think it's the Yellow one.

Thanks.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 pm

If I was looking at this. the big bear bar would have been the breakout and my bias would be short as the bear bar would have gone thru both of the trendlines drawn by candles 0 and 00

Just my view point, but given my record today...............

razorboy wrote:which candles are you using to make your calculations?

deeforex wrote:I keep remembering the posts that say to add the range to "the fergin' low". I think this throws me off when the candle color changes from green to red and we're subtracting the range from the high (is this even correct??)

Thanks.

deeforex

Postby deeforex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks.

I'm going off of what I think MO's new calculations are based off of. So the 58% fib number is off of the most current candle. I use 58% because that's how much time has elapsed for the candle (see the timer on the top portion of chart).

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks.

It is always IN THE DIRECTION OF THE HIGH BREAKOUT FROM THE FERGIN LOW :wink: (vise versa)
They are only applied on the breakout candle (current candle) and only when they are greater than the breakout line.
Last edited by MightyOne on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:47 pm

I think you are mixing up approaches

the fergin low was in regards to the dynamic trend approach

deeforex wrote:

Thanks.

I'm going off of what I think MO's new calculations are based off of. So the 58% fib number is off of the most current candle. I use 58% because that's how much time has elapsed for the candle (see the timer on the top portion of chart).

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:50 pm

and then its the fergin high for a downside break out...........

MightyOne wrote:

Thanks.

It is always IN THE DIRECTION OF THE HIGH BREAKOUT FROM THE FERGIN LOW :wink: (vise versa)
They are only applied on the breakout candle (current candle) and only when they are greater than the breakout line.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:50 pm

razorboy wrote:I think you are mixing up approaches

the fergin low was in regards to the dynamic trend approach

deeforex wrote:

Thanks.

It applies to the SEDT also because the breakout candle is engulfing its self up to 100% over time.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:52 pm

this much i have, but are you waiting to see if the breakout is real or failed before drawing the lines to determin trend?

In other words - once the candle closes

MightyOne wrote:

Thanks.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:28 pm

but dont they both indicate that trend is going in the same direction?

es/pip wrote:
blubbb wrote:Is there ONE dynamic trendline or are there TWO? If there is only one, why do we use the smaller range of bars 1 and 2 at all? I mean, if the line gets pushed further by using the larger range, there won't be a change if you apply the other one.
Or is it one line for each range? Line A: Low[0] + High[1] - Low[1] and Line B: Low[0] + High[2] - Low[2] ?

my understanding

the smaller is in play until the larger is touched and then the smaller is no longer in play

Return to “TheRumpledOne”