Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm

razorboy wrote:Cleaned it up a bit

Shorted at the bull bar in zone 1 and shorted again in zone 2 after a few wicks into the Z zone - got out in the 141.50 area

Do those large bearish bars that preceed zones 1 and 2 look ok to you z line experts? The way I saw is that I had some good bearish momentum in front of each zone.

yeah pretty much------ just remember the zones are 0-50% of the 2x bar.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jahjahblessed

Re: hope i'm getting the z-line correct

Postby jahjahblessed » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 am

es/pip wrote:
jahjahblessed wrote:needs a Mzone and Z-line thread only

dont type what you want to say in the subject line type it in the body where this stuff is------almost missed some of what you were saying

your trades look good to me

THANK YOU ES/PIP GOOD TO HEAR COMING FROM YOU MAN "I AM MAKING IT HAPPEN RIGHT NOW"
transform to PIP"S FARI

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Napoleon Hill

JAHJAHBLESSED

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:14 am

MightyOne wrote:
pierre23 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:This reminds me of when I was 19 and I mentioned to one of my father's employees that I had made $13,000 that morning.

Impressive :wink:

MightyOne wrote:You cannot exit at a loss there for after each success you become significantly more difficult to stop out.

You don't need a gagillion successful trades in a row you only need to survive your errors in judgment and that becomes more easy after each inflation of your SL.

I was on my way home from work today when what you said clicked to me. "He's right" I said out aloud.. I think my mind was a little tired from the days work and it set on thinking there was no point in risking all profit. But in each winning trade the next trade becomes easier and easier to profit from.

I will give it a go and let you know how it pans out.

thanks

Now that your mind has overcome its fear of losing short term profits I will put it more at ease:

Your largest stop need only be the size of the largest correction in an up move for longs and the largest correction in a down move for shorts. If you do not have a size for the shorts then check the last bear trend in your history.

Chances are that you will not enter at the apex before the correction and if it retraces greater than the maximum retracement then it is likely not a retracement.

ImageImage

Ok, thank you for going into more detail. It does make sense to only add to your sl until the top of the largest correction. I used this method last night, after an initial 2 losses I had 6wins consecutively and finished at +53pips.. winning getting easier after every win before that.

Just a question, do you add your net total of pips to the SL? Say your first trade hits sl at -10pips. The second you get +15. Are you adding +5 or +15?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:25 am

dragon33 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dragon33 wrote:I am learning the longer term trades. Today was just fine. Took 178 pips doing this.

What is that in risk multiples?

What you see on my chart was just 1% risk of my account. Did the same trades only scalping on the 5m doing it with 5%. I hope this will answer your question because i didn't understand your question (language)

If not try to reformulate the question.[/quoteis]

If your SL is 10 and your profit is 90 then that is a risk multiple of 9
If your SL is 30 and your profit is 90 then that is a risk multiple of 3

Profit divided by SL = risk multiple.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 am

pierre23 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
pierre23 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:This reminds me of when I was 19 and I mentioned to one of my father's employees that I had made $13,000 that morning.

Impressive :wink:

MightyOne wrote:You cannot exit at a loss there for after each success you become significantly more difficult to stop out.

You don't need a gagillion successful trades in a row you only need to survive your errors in judgment and that becomes more easy after each inflation of your SL.

I was on my way home from work today when what you said clicked to me. "He's right" I said out aloud.. I think my mind was a little tired from the days work and it set on thinking there was no point in risking all profit. But in each winning trade the next trade becomes easier and easier to profit from.

I will give it a go and let you know how it pans out.

thanks

Now that your mind has overcome its fear of losing short term profits I will put it more at ease:

Your largest stop need only be the size of the largest correction in an up move for longs and the largest correction in a down move for shorts. If you do not have a size for the shorts then check the last bear trend in your history.

Chances are that you will not enter at the apex before the correction and if it retraces greater than the maximum retracement then it is likely not a retracement.

ImageImage

Ok, thank you for going into more detail. It does make sense to only add to your sl until the top of the largest correction. I used this method last night, after an initial 2 losses I had 6wins consecutively and finished at +53pips.. winning getting easier after every win before that.

Just a question, do you add your net total of pips to the SL? Say your first trade hits sl at -10pips. The second you get +15. Are you adding +5 or +15?

You would add 15 pips less commission for ~ a 24 pip SL.

So you ended the session with 5.3% or did you risk more?

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 am

That can obviously lead to some big SL's

Quick question - and call me stupid if you feel the need - i'm kinda clueless about the whole idea of "getting out of trade if the candle closes against me".

Say for example I get into a long position on a 5 minute - limit entry -and the candle keeps falling and closes below my entry, but above my SL level - am I automatically killing the trade at the close of that 5 minute candle as it closed and I was in a draw down position?

I seem to get conflicting ideas from this threat. I'll post a z line trade that didnt work so you guys can have some better idea of what im talking about

es/pip wrote:

Shorted at the bull bar in zone 1 and shorted again in zone 2 after a few wicks into the Z zone - got out in the 141.50 area

Do those large bearish bars that preceed zones 1 and 2 look ok to you z line experts? The way I saw is that I had some good bearish momentum in front of each zone.

razorboy

Kill it or let it die?

Postby razorboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 am

Went long on the second wick in the blue zone..........killed it by the thumb - thought the green bars had some good momentum.

When should i have killed this?
Attachments
gbpjpy z line 7.gif
gbpjpy z line 7.gif (22.36 KiB) Viewed 4623 times

kc8flq

Postby kc8flq » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 am

razorboy wrote:That can obviously lead to some big SL's

Quick question - and call me stupid if you feel the need - i'm kinda clueless about the whole idea of "getting out of trade if the candle closes against me".

Say for example I get into a long position on a 5 minute - limit entry -and the candle keeps falling and closes below my entry, but above my SL level - am I automatically killing the trade at the close of that 5 minute candle as it closed and I was in a draw down position?

I seem to get conflicting ideas from this threat. I'll post a z line trade that didnt work so you guys can have some better idea of what im talking about

es/pip wrote:

The way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you would look to get out as close to break even or with as little loss as possible as soon as possible.

KC
Give a man a fish.... feed him for a day...
Teach a man to fish.... feed him for a LIFETIME!!!

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 am

fair enough, but isnt that like moving your SL?
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

razorboy

Z zone in effect

Postby razorboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 am

short in the blue area - wicks up in the direction of loss following a bear bar down........

Out in the thumb area - 17 pip gain

The more I post, the few stupid trades i have time for
Attachments
gbpjpy z line 8.gif
gbpjpy z line 8.gif (24.51 KiB) Viewed 4603 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”