Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I can SEE 1 thing.

After MO's last post and es/pips description to macro about his ZL placement being correct,

I know nothing of this style of trading!!!!!!!!!!
The last 3 month's of reading was a waste of my time.
I don't get it.

Double this, triple that, MoMo here, MoMo there. Held profit for this guy/zeroed out for that guy(me), ect.

Why can't somebody break it down into a simple post with some clear descriptions so that us noobs can actually see and be given something to use to make a pip or two.

I'm very frustrated as you can tell.
I want to trade, not just follow some system because that DOES NOT WORK.

Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained.

You've got to know what trades are good/high probability before ever taking some SIGNAL!!!
And what does this mean? YOU, yes YOU don't need no stinkin signal because you are a trader that knows what the Hell is going on in the first place.

Someone want to teach me how to be a trader??.........No "system" will be accepted either.
I WANT TO TRADE!
Pro

I am not sure why you cant see it

it has been broken down simply, many times

1.body in direction of profit
2.wick in direction of loss

what this basically means

a group traders buy--the market moves up and they hold their position--(because the bar closes up)===== body in direction of profit.

the pros take the market back down to their entry( bec they know that the buyers have their stops there) then the pros buy the pullback taking their stops--- which ==== wick in direction of loss

so what does that mean

the traders that bought and held onto their profit were zeroed out--- the pros stepped in when the long traders couldn't take it anymore and got out at b/e

what does this mean for you

a chance to trade off their emotions and take advantage of where their stops are

when i talk about momo i am referencing trading a m30-4hr chart and getting in on the m5 based on momentum coming out of my zl/mz

as far as me saying i would have placed my zlines in the same place as macro-- im not sure how you could disagree that the held profit is not being held from those marked zlines

edit-----------just bec i mark my zline where i do does not mean that is the end all zline----" A zline can be any line in the mighty zone"--MO-- i just mark mine where i perceive the held profit is being held from----but any line in the mighty zone would be correct

think about this and what it means
1 BODY IN DIRECTION OF PROFIT

2 WICK IN DIRECTION OF LOSS

that is the only way to explain it

look at the bars and how they have formed and rationalize what that means in term of what the traders did---- ie where they bought and where the held profit is from

like MO said maybe the zl stuff just isn't for you
Last edited by es/pip on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm

So do I. There are more ways that lead to Rome.

I've started looking seriously into forex since January which is not to say that it was continuously :roll: and it becomes more and more clear to me that the easy is not so easy.

One has to find the right method that one can actually put to work for himself. This only requires a) searching, so one can find, b) refusing to give up on ones goal to be successful.

On a): as with trading, you will have to decide when it is time to look into other methods. In your case, to put the current method aside and look at things from a different angle. Which is not to say that you wouldn't revert back in a later stage, when insights have increased. On b) I can't see you not being successful unless you don't want to. That's the easy part.

When you look at that A/U chart, there are more things to be seen: the forming of a wedge from Feb 1st, breakout on March 9th. Also, another sign of things to come is the inside bar on March 8th. If you look at a bigger timeframe, draw fibs from April 1st 2001 (..) to 1st July 2008. Guess what: it bounced off the 23.6 on 4 days (2* mid Oct 08, 2* mid Nov 08) with an increasing slope, with a strong R around 0.628-631. You now have a handful of indicators pointing in the direction: up.

One of the things that I have noted for myself, is to look top-down and look for opportunities that are close to as many fibs as possible.

Hope this helps. Comments appreciated.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 pm

I feel you bro!!!!!!!!!

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:00 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:You've got to know what trades are good/high probability before ever taking some SIGNAL!!!
And what does this mean? YOU, yes YOU don't need no stinkin signal because you are a trader that knows what the Hell is going on in the first place.

Someone want to teach me how to be a trader??.........No "system" will be accepted either.

I WANT TO TRADE!

Not only do you want to trade, you want to do it in a way that you end up with more dough then you had before, I suppose.. :shock:

I think you need to get the Big Picture so you can freekin' know what's going on in the first place. What goes up, must come down again etc. I even think that you don't need to know the why behind certain market behavior. It's not an exact science anyway.

Don't be fooled by fancy non-squiggly's (true or not) that work for one and don't for another. Pick something that works because it works for you, not because it works for someone else.

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:08 pm

es/pip wrote:Image

Let me see if I got it in my head. 1 was the price breakout 2 wicked the zline and mozone so you would enter somewhere in the mozone or on the candle after the 2 based on what momo is telling you from a lower TF.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 pm

marcromero wrote:
es/pip wrote:Image

Let me see if I got it in my head. 1 was the price breakout 2 wicked the zline and mozone so you would enter somewhere in the mozone or on the candle after the 2 based on what momo is telling you from a lower TF.

pretty much

being that it is a 15 min chart i usually just enter off the 15 in this case i clicked in on bar #2 when it was about to close

had it been a 30-4hr chart i would look into the 5 min

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 pm

After MO's last post and es/pips description to macro about his ZL placement being correct,

I don't get it.

Double this, triple that, MoMo here, MoMo there. Held profit for this guy/zeroed out for that guy(me), ect.

Why can't somebody break it down into a simple post with some clear descriptions so that us noobs can actually see and be given something to use to make a pip or two.

Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained.

You've got to know what trades are good/high probability before ever taking some SIGNAL!!!

I WANT TO TRADE!
Pro

Well, that post was quite unexpected from you.. I thought you were doing well with scalping, you have been posting a number of trades and your progress. You seemed to be doing well, why would you want to change your trading method to something else after being profitable?

Find what works for you and stick with it. If you don't get the whole Zero Line concept then dont worry.. you dont NEED it to be profitable.

"Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained."

Dont trade it randomly then.. USE the tools you have been provided and taught. Find which direction you see price going (H1/H4/D1), find the trend, look at the statistics and ONLY take those trade signals (eg. from the buyzone or DTB) in the same direction. There are so many multimeters Tro has coded to show you these things pretty much without having to change your chart timeframe!

I will have to agree with es/pip, it has been broken down simply, many times. (I will say that at times though, MO's posts can be a bit confusing :wink:) For me, it was a case of reading and re-reading and looking at the charts posted until I eventually saw what they see.

Anyhow, good luck.
Last edited by pierre23 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:28 pm

pierre23 wrote:

I don't get it.

I WANT TO TRADE!
Pro

Well, that post was quite unexpected from you.. I thought you were doing well with scalping, you have been posting a number of trades and your progress. You seemed to be doing well, why would you want to change your trading method to something else after being profitable?

Find what works for you and stick with it. If you don't get the whole Zero Line concept then dont worry.. you dont NEED it to be profitable.

"Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained."

Dont trade it randomly then.. USE the tools you have been provided and taught. Find which direction you see price going (H1/H4/D1), find the trend, look at the statistics and ONLY take those trade signals (eg. from the buyzone or DTB) in the same direction. There are so many multimeters Tro has coded to show you these things pretty much without having to change your chart timeframe!

I will have to agree with es/pip, it has been broken down simply, many times. (I will say that at times though, MO's posts can be a bit confusing :)) For me, it was a case of reading and re-reading and looking at the charts posted until I eventually saw what they see.

Anyhow, good luck.

thats what i did

look at all of MO's charts and posts about the zlines and then grab a chart and start drawing on them till u see

post you charts and what you think i will be happy to give you my input on them

or like the prev. posts have said trade a different way

many ways to skin this cat

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks once again es/pip. Now that I have a basic idea of how this works I'm going to do lots of micro trading till I find my rythm

Return to “TheRumpledOne”