Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 pm

cfabian wrote:Well,
This is what happened to me this morning. I saw an opportunity to enter short at a ZL on EURJPY. Set a limit order at it and price surpassed it baddly. I closed the possition at -15 (it was at -21 at some point). Minutes later the sucker came back down and got to my target line.

es/pip, as told you yesterday this is what happens to me quite often. I wonder what you guys do in order to avoid this?

BTW, those small arrows are the corresponding to the indicator that places arrows on entry and exit. If you guys are interested let me know.

Thanks

again

i rarely just lob a full order out at a zline--- if i do it is a 1/4 or 1/3 position so if the market smokes my line and just rips thru it and i get stopped before i get a chance to get out at a better price-----then lets say my stop was 2o pips and i had a 1/4 position on i would have only lost 5 pips vrs a full stop at 20 on my lot size-------- had the line held and started going my way i would add into it

the zlines, M areas do not always hold----hence the body in direction of profit and wick in the direction of loss.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rickyineng

Postby rickyineng » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 pm

cfabian,

It is safe to wait for the wick to form (2 after 1)... Looks like your entered before confirming a wick in the direction of loss. Sometimes market / b/s stop orders go well with that sort of PA.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 pm

cfabian wrote:Here's the "show orders on chart" indicator for those who are interested. It is very helpful as to keep track of your trading.

The only thing I dont like is that it places the close arrow at the same candle where you entry, instead of in the one that you exit connected with a dashed line.

TRO, I wonder if you can fix that?

I also encourage people here posting charts to use it because ic clearly shows us the rest exaclty when and where you entry/exit.

Best

sorry but that will not work for me bec i execute thru the nav. and use the mt4 as charts-----mbt's mt4 is still in demo

rickyineng

Postby rickyineng » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm

es/pip wrote:
This is what happened to me this morning. I saw an opportunity to enter short at a ZL on EURJPY. Set a limit order at it and price surpassed it baddly. I closed the possition at -15 (it was at -21 at some point). Minutes later the sucker came back down and got to my target line.

es/pip, as told you yesterday this is what happens to me quite often. I wonder what you guys do in order to avoid this?

BTW, those small arrows are the corresponding to the indicator that places arrows on entry and exit. If you guys are interested let me know.

Thanks

again

i rarely just lob a full order out at a zline--- if i do it is a 1/4 or 1/3 position so if the market smokes my line and just rips thru it and i get stopped before i get a chance to get out at a better price-----then lets say my stop was 2o pips and i had a 1/4 position on i would have only lost 5 pips vrs a full stop at 20 on my lot size-------- had the line held and started going my way i would add into it

the zlines, M areas do not always hold----hence the body in direction of profit and wick in the direction of loss.

es/pip, your response was couple of micro seconds ahead of mine :-)

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 pm

rickyineng wrote:
es/pip wrote:

Thanks

again

es/pip, your response was couple of micro seconds ahead of mine :-)
:D

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am

Trading almost naked.. it still works.

NO MERCY!!

DRAIN THE BANKS.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 am

IT'S SO UNFAIR... NO MERCY!!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:34 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

IT'S SO UNFAIR... NO MERCY!!

lol

r u setting a standard go long-- go short area of 5 pips from the DFSR for all time frames on all pairs?

looks like your a draining the poop out of em

:D

nice

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:42 am

it took two hrs

almost like watching paint dry

but pips are pips

Return to “TheRumpledOne”