Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Sometimes you may get 2 green bars in a row, a red bar, and 2 more green bars in a row.. but if there are 5 HIGHER HIGHS, it's a screaming short!!

DO YOU SEE IT??
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 am

ewokuk wrote:damnit i rushed home to do some trading and everythings dead, its all trending sideways in a small range and hardly moving. :evil:

LOL!!!! :smt082

Sooner

Postby Sooner » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:47 am

Oddly enough I have had more success in the ranges today using TRO's indicators than I have in several days paste when the market was ranging wildly. I am finally becoming confident enough to trust what I see and also trust the indicators because they win more than they lose so far.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:44 am

Sooner:

Please post a chart so we can see what you are looking at.

Thanks

razorboy

H1 reversal

Postby razorboy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:09 am

ewokuk wrote:
dragon33 wrote:When you had token a sell you could have made a quick scalp of at least 10 pips. Looks like a winner to me.
Your problem is: you want to much or you are way to late to make the small pips.

a scalp of 10 pips?!?!?! look at the chart. 5 pip spread + 10 pips = 15 pips required.

To go short you would have to see that bar as red, it went red at 1.3780 and the low on that bar is 1.3778. That is maximum of 2 pips movement before next bar opened which was green and shot up fast. even with 2 pip spread it was not possible to take any profit from that trade. on perfectsuns chart it was a couple of pips more before it reversed, so you would still not have made it even into 1 pip profit.

there were good trades on that chart clearly, but that last red bar on his chart was NOT one of them!

For safety sake, if you are using an M1 or M5 chart, wait until the price hits the support or resistance fibo and h1 and m1 line up......otherwise you are really taking a random shot

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:52 am

razorboy wrote:
ewokuk wrote:
dragon33 wrote:When you had token a sell you could have made a quick scalp of at least 10 pips. Looks like a winner to me.
Your problem is: you want to much or you are way to late to make the small pips.

a scalp of 10 pips?!?!?! look at the chart. 5 pip spread + 10 pips = 15 pips required.

To go short you would have to see that bar as red, it went red at 1.3780 and the low on that bar is 1.3778. That is maximum of 2 pips movement before next bar opened which was green and shot up fast. even with 2 pip spread it was not possible to take any profit from that trade. on perfectsuns chart it was a couple of pips more before it reversed, so you would still not have made it even into 1 pip profit.

there were good trades on that chart clearly, but that last red bar on his chart was NOT one of them!

For safety sake, if you are using an M1 or M5 chart, wait until the price hits the support or resistance fibo and h1 and m1 line up......otherwise you are really taking a random shot
Along with the change in the H1 candle, I would wait for an M1 to gap off the fibo (and close) support/resistance line in the direction of the H1 before entering the trade
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:28 am

pierre23 wrote:
xmess7 wrote:
pierre23 wrote:In regard to the MBT Navigator. It seems that limit orders don't get filled in at all, its ticking me off. I'm guessing it doesnt work with the demo?... There have been a countless amount of times where I buy, or sell, using a limit order, and when the price goes right past it, or even idles ON the price I set the limit for, it NEVER gets filled.

I read somewhere that its possible to, for example, buy at the bid? And sell at the bid too? And vise versa, go short at ask and buy back at the ask. How would this be accomplished?

I ask that because at the moment the spread of the GBP/JPY is 4, which isn't too bad.. but before it was as much as 10, and its hard to buy at the ask and sell at the bid when theres such a big spread. What would you recommend, because I know you don't trade with 10 spread ._.

Oop, spreads back to 10 again =[

Piere check out the following image.
Make those selections in preferences before you make the entry.

use TRADE THROUGH for long positions
use FIRST TOUCH for short positions

Plus if you want the platform to work for pest price move the slider to the left. If you move it to the right then the platform will execute the order faster.

Hey xmess, thanks for your time highlighting the points to take note of within the preferences. So to completely understand, when I think my next trade is short, I'll go into pref and change to First touch, and I open and close my short trade on that setting, and vise versa for a long position? Can I ask what that actually does changing those settings?

Also, is there a quick way of switching between the two? It's time consuming going into the pref > order entry > then change settings. In that 5 seconds it takes to change the setting the price could jump in any direction.

Thanks mate.

Pierre.

EDIT: this is getting just ridiculous. I'm nearly at the point where I'm going to change software/broker, this MBT Navigator is not working for half of the trades I want to put on. It keep saying "order rejected" when I go to place an order.. I change the route from MBTX and DEMO thinking it was that but no difference. I change the preferences like you suggested xmess, but still not working. It just WONT place my order. There IS sufficient funds. I sure hope this is not the case with a live account not being able to place orders. (I also changed the pref to First touch, as I was putting on a limit short order. The order came up in the Open Orders, but never got filled, even when the price was idling ON the same price I put my limit for. I just don't understand why it isn't working. Darn it, missed a perfect 85+ pip opportunity =[

Hey Peirre, I just made a limit entry to buy the GPBJPY on MBT with the
preference set to TRADE THROUGH.
When the price was at 127.25 I wanted to go long at 127.31.
So I set the preference then placed a limit order at 127.31 (the spread at the time was 13 pips).
I got filled at 127.27. That is 5 pips better than I had requested plus I was in between the 13pip spread. So in essence I started with a 7 pip spread vs a 13 pips spread. It did take some time to complete though. Prehaps in your case you simply didn't get filled?

:)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:46 am

4 REDS in a row.. big "3" at the bottom... get your long johns ready!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:49 am

7 REDS in a row!!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:53 am

Hasn't been 8 in a row in 960 H1 bars...

How unlucky can you be?

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”