Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:43 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

BarTimer attached.

Thanks TRO! :P

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:44 am

Only 6 - 10 hours? You slacker...LOL!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Nimray

Emini Trader

Postby Nimray » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:37 am

Hi guys,
I must say I am very excited to be here. I finally found this site in a roundabout way after first seeing one of TRO's posts on T2W. I read through the whole of BabyPips and I feel that my eyes have been truly opened. I have been trading the emini S&P 500 over the last 6 months and have experienced a steadily declining bank account in this time. After initially loosing some rather large sums I managed to slow down the rate of decline but it was still dwindling. I am lucky I have a very well paying job although I have too work long hours and spend many days away from home for it. I am at the point where I am sick of having to tell my 8 year old daughter that I will not be able to see another one of her school plays etc. I have missed too much of her growing up.
I have luckily avoided spending too much money on so called Wonder Trading Systems as I won't invest in something unless it makes sense to me. I also had a sense early that readily available indicators were telling me things after the fact so I have never been one for the "squiggly lines" so to speak. My first introduction to "Price Action" was a system I actually did purchase called "At the Open". So far I have been having success with it but I still felt I was missing something so I started to Google "Price Action" which finally led me to one of TRO's posts. About 10 years ago I spent a few years exploring spirituality and studied under a master. I lost count of the amount of times I was told to see not think. As soon as I saw TRO's post I thought here we bloody go again :lol: . Anyway I traded last night using TRO's principles and took out a couple of quick scalps in about 15 minutes. I stopped at this but could see many more opportunities happening. I have set myself a small daily goal of 4 points. Once I am comfortable that I can achieve this every day I will try increasing it bit by bit. I would eventually like to trade for 10 points a day. For the first time I feel I am in control of my trading instead of running on a wing and a prayer. So far I am not using any of TRO's indicators. I am using Tradestation and am not sure if his Indicators will work on this. Also I am not sure if they will be compatible with the market I trade. I have a Dual Screen set up so I have a 5M chart on one and a H1 And D1 chart on the other. I cannot seem to get Tradestation to display pivot points correctly so I just set my buy/sell point at the halfway point between H&L of the previous candle. If a green candle starts forming, after a run of red candles, with a higher low then the previous candle then I will set my buy limit order. If at any stage the low drops below the previous low before I am filled then I will cancel the order. If I have been filled and the low drops bellow the previous low I will sell at a loss. This stops me from hanging onto a bad trade. If the trade goes in my direction I will sell one contract at 1 Point and will let the rest ride while the candles are in my favor. As soon as the first contract is sold I move my stop to break even +1 and will gradually move this up as the price goes up. So I will see how this goes over the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see how TRO's methods work on other markets.

TRO could you tell me if your indicators will work with Tradestation. If you had to recommend only a few of you indicators which would they be. I am a great fan of keeping things simple.

In the mean time TRO I tip my hat to you as those who know the true meaning of giving are few and far between. I look forward to contributing to this community.

All the best trading everyone.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:01 am

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

Look for my TradeStation indicators in the download section. They are called TradeStation Motherlodes.

My TRO BUY ZONE and TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR are the 2 indicators I suggest you put on your screen.

There are FREE chart and radarscreen versions.
Last edited by TheRumpledOne on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:04 am

3. For as long as our account equity continues to rise overall, we may justifiably assume that we have an "edge". To achieve this, we need to somehow time our orders (i.e. adjust our net position) accurately enough around market reversals, on balance, to be net long while price is rising, and net short while it?s falling. This is the bottom line regardless of whether we?re (in conventional terms) entering, exiting, scaling in, scaling out, realizing a profit, realizing a loss.

4. The result of any one trade is insignificant (if we are "hedging", or scaling in/out, with positions offsetting each other, the idea of an "individual" trade is effectively meaningless, anyway). It is the overall effect on account equity, i.e. net P/L, that is the bottom line.

- hanover

"If you don't have an edge, don't trade. Forget about ratios, money management, discipline, experience...it's all useless if you don't have a real edge."
- ItalianSharp

Found these HERE

Shadik

Postby Shadik » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:11 am

MightyOne wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

BarTimer attached.

Thanks TRO! :P

Yes, this is BarTimer - this is my favorite indi :) Thx Tro

Nimray

Instructions?

Postby Nimray » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:19 am

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to set up TRO BUY ZONE and TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR for Tradestation. I downloaded the Motherload pack and imported it to TS but when I insert the indicators into my chart the TRO BUY ZONE does not show on the screen although TS says it is loaded and the TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR does not look to be displaying properly. I am trading the emini S&P market so don't know if this will cause any problems.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Workspace.jpg
Workspace.jpg (194.43 KiB) Viewed 3786 times

Nimray

P.S.

Postby Nimray » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 am

It is hard to see in the picture above but the pink arrows are pointing to where TS says the indicators are loaded. I did not change any of the settings when I loaded them, I just left them at default.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:07 pm

the euro short from yesterday i was up 50ish pips at one time and ended up taking +7 :oops:

i am on a mission to zero out these longs :D

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Return to “TheRumpledOne”