Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:27 am

es/pip:

You lost me, I don't see it.

How about you traders start labeling your entries and exits on the chart and/or describe in words:

entry long at TIME and PRICE.
exit long at TIME and PRICE.

I am NOT the only one who can't figure this out.

Thanks for your cooperation.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:15 am

i will do that in the future---------in those charts my longs were at/around the yellow lines and shorts at/around the red

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 am

lol

on my first pic the lines are reversed--- shorts yellow longs red

sorry

jeez

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 am

as a side note

where i place my lines are based on where held profit is

the decision on if i trade it---depends on how the momentum/bars form into my areas/lines

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:04 am

i would also would like to say this

there is more than 1 way to skin this cat---ie the market

i have two guys that i trade the es with

one uses nothing but a 233tick chart and trendlines and he averages 8 points a day. he showed me how he does it and i lost 2-10 pts everyday

the 2nd guy, trades off ---in order of importance----volume, price patterns, bollinger bands and stochastics----- i gave that 5 months on a skype call with him everyday and just couldn't do it.---he trades large size and makes 5-8 pts average every single day---- have not seen him have a losing day in 8 months

i think it comes down to 3 things

1. emotions---------fear of losing, greed, etc etc

2. what a trader/person sees when they look at a method/system/idea--etc etc

3. trusting what they see----that is if what they see is correct

i then went back to support and resistance a year or so ago, and then added in what mo has shown.

------- the zero line concept is the most effective and simplest way i have seen to view the market.

i always had 1 bias to what i wanted to do, in order for it to work and continue to work over time-which contained two parts.

1. it should be based off pure price action- with no indicators

2. it should work on any market on any time frame

and this does

i know i do not see what Mo sees, and from what dragon has posted i did not make anywhere near the amount of pips this week as he did. from what little i do see and understand i know that i made just under 40% on my accounts this week------- my money management is 1 standard per $7500. Honestly i would be thrilled with 18% a week----and my managed accounts would kiss my feet for 10%. i probably missed more trades than i took. I am still--time wise transitioning from the es to forex, 95%of all my trades were taken in the us session and 5%in the asian. Not sure what will happen when i can get up at 2 am and trade till noon

as per this post and some of my previous posts i am sure everyone can tell when i have been hitting the whiskey or not

:shock:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

How about that one?

:lol:

NO

There is nothing useful in that indicator that I can see.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 pm

MightyOne wrote:
deeforex wrote:I think that MO might be so smart that it's hard for him to grasp how us mere mortals think. MO can't possibly understand what we do not know or cannot see. LOL (If TRO can't see it, how can I?)

MO, I tried to replicate your channels (before the trend) and I'm not sure what you were snapping the lines off of. Was it off the most recent highest momentum candle? If yes, what other point did you use to get the proper angle? Are you just saying "make your channel 50-60 degrees"?

[edit: looking at your other chart about TRO's LR channels, is the other channel just double the degrees of the LR channel?]

I noticed in your previous charts that your trades followed your channel grids beautifully! :smt038

First things first :(

You need to learn to recognize the first 5 reference angles and see them on your charts:

15, 30, 45, 60, & 75 degrees

:wink:

once we recognize the first 5 angles and see them on the charts where do we go from that point?

i have used channels to some degree in the past more as a reference point of where we are and where we might go--until we break the channel and then redraw the next one----but i am a little confused on how you are combining this into the zero line concept----maybe i have not looked hard enough at it yet

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:48 pm

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
deeforex wrote:I think that MO might be so smart that it's hard for him to grasp how us mere mortals think. MO can't possibly understand what we do not know or cannot see. LOL (If TRO can't see it, how can I?)

MO, I tried to replicate your channels (before the trend) and I'm not sure what you were snapping the lines off of. Was it off the most recent highest momentum candle? If yes, what other point did you use to get the proper angle? Are you just saying "make your channel 50-60 degrees"?

[edit: looking at your other chart about TRO's LR channels, is the other channel just double the degrees of the LR channel?]

I noticed in your previous charts that your trades followed your channel grids beautifully! :smt038

First things first :(

You need to learn to recognize the first 5 reference angles and see them on your charts:

15, 30, 45, 60, & 75 degrees

:wink:

once we recognize the first 5 angles and see them on the charts where do we go from that point?

i have used channels to some degree in the past more as a reference point of where we are and where we might go--until we break the channel and then redraw the next one----but i am a little confused on how you are combining this into the zero line concept----maybe i have not looked hard enough at it yet

[glow=red]
The greatest roadblock for a trader is his outward look for answers instead of the question that looks inward to find a way.
[/glow]

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm

A Monk and a Master walking through the woods..........

Master, from where do I enter Zen?
Do you hear the mountain stream?
Yes.
Enter ZEN From there.
The monk walks along for about 10 min. and his mind begins to whirl and spin again. Thinking........
He asks;
But master what if I did not hear the mountain stream?
Enter ZEN from there.

All the psychological feelings that we are unaware of or unwilling to recognize are expressed within:
"THE CHARTS"

Enter profit from there........
:twisted:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:42 pm

[glow=red]ESPECIALLY FOR MY FRIENDS HERE[/glow]

First trade:
After forming a new high there is a candle down with a bigger body marked with red number one.(be carefull it is not twice as big as previous) get ready there is a possibility. It is a body in direction of profit.
The green candle marked number two goes back up but body closes around zero line and has a big wick in direction of loss. The candle to the right of number two failed to make a new high. When that candle closed i set my limit. I do NOT place my limits on the line, i always count my spread to it. If i put them on the line i miss those trades a lot because i'm two pips short!

I try to run 1 15m candle or more. When you see to the overlays you can see price has broken previous H1 body and previous candle has a big wick. That are signs to stay longer in trade.(H1 that breaks the H1 high could have a body twice as big, remeber that) When i can ride more then one candle i put my SL between the body that are past. I only do that when i can make more as 10 pip otherwise i take my profit.

second trade:
I have put a small limit order at a previous zeroline. You can see where that zero come from. I put a bigger order on a better price marked on a refernce point from the past short by that zeroline. If price never hit the order its ok by me!

trade 3:
New low, second candle is twice as big (momentum, sign to get ready)
price came back and i was to late to set a limit because wasn't watching my screen. I enterd with a market order.

trade 4:
same as all zerotrades. candle that makes a body that is twice as big as previous. Care some attention (there is also a wick on that candle, leave those trades when you can afford to lose. My limit was hit but price goes down. It was a scary moment but i holded my position. Price went almost down to H1 zeroline.

I hope you understand what i am trying to say. This is not easy fro me. I like to do it in Dutch :P . But then it is not easy for you guys :cry:
The most important to all of you is:

BODY AFTER LOW OR HIGH NEED TO BE TWICE AS BIG. WATCH THE H1 COLORS IT IS IMPORTANT

Return to “TheRumpledOne”