Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sledge

Postby Sledge » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
One of the traders in the TWO PERCENT CLUB chat room is using linear regression (LR). LR is one of my old favorites from back in the RSI(2) < 1 days when I was trading stocks.

I modified the TRO_LINEARREGRESSION indicator to self adjust based on the number of bars on the chart. I also added std dev and std dev % to the gauge.

Next, I created a multimeter to show the std dev % - how many std dev the price is away from the norm. The multimeter is self adjusting, too!

These will be donational indicators.

Nice, thanks for the extra features on this one. I know both me and alotofpips use this one

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am

I made a LINEAR REGRESSION DASHBOARD.

Now, you can see when the StdDev % is over 200. Then you can go and DRAIN THE BANKS!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:27 am

es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:I do not think an indicator will be able to paint z-lines according to the likes of all that use them. It seems to me there is a lot of subjectivity to where they are actually placed.

It is very easy for me to see the body in the direction of profit.
And, the wick that is in the direction of loss. Easy when both candles have been closed.
Trying to get in on the illusory candle while it is being painted is another story entirely as it may just buzzard your butt.

Some people draw the z-line at the end of wicks, and others to the open/close of a body. I'm starting to think it matters not.

es/pip might have just given me a vital clue.
Move up to M15 or M30 time frame charts to find the beginnings of a body/wick setup and then get in on the wick with a m1 or m5 chart.

Whew, I think I've got other fish to fry first.

the zlines are not subjective---they are placed at levels where other traders are holding profits-------

every zline does not automatically hold every reaction to it

i don't think i have ever offered a full position at a zline

look at MO's daily chart he posted why did he place the line there---------bec that is where the long traders were holding profits from

1 body in direction of profit--------------
2 wick in direction of loss---------------

why are my zlines where they are?-------bec that is where the traders are holding profits from----so i get in on the process of there exits and then zero out to the next area of held profit

i wanted to hold this to the 4hr target----but i got out at 1 hr

The second candle marked "1" has a smaller body than the prev. candle indicating that momentum slowed.
In order for that bar to be a body in the direction of profit you need to use Spacial Intellect and combine the 2 bearish 1H candles into one 2H candle.
The following bullish candle was then the first half of the 2H candle for the wick in the direction of loss.

Notice also that there was very little in the way of bullish movement.
The first bullish bar was fallowed by a significantly smaller bull bar showing slowed momentum.
Some candles later you get a bull candle that is the first half of a S.I. candle. That candle planted a wick where momentum slowed previously and then closed with weak bull movement beyond the prev. candles body.

Also, if you remember how I mark a chart for a trading range, you will find that you would have had difficulty marking the bottom of the range (2nd arrow) as price was congesting downwards.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 am

I read on a web log the following:

"Along the same lines, the NFA has proposed a new rule to limit leverage in the non-majors to 25:1. If this proposed rule becomes effective I suspect it will have the same net effect as the FINRA proposal."

:shock:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:21 am

The candle stops updating when I set TRO Period Data to 1 & 5m...maybe any period less than 1 day:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:28 am

Is there any way to have the B-Clock use computer time instead of waiting for a new tick :?:
I am thinking I could just change the time zone on the computer...

For the TRO 2009 Multi Meter RangeAvrg it would be nice is there were a "mybars" option for each time period. :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 am

Good time to exit

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 am

Moving things around and testing out a new template:

Jan Viljoen

I think I am going crazy

Postby Jan Viljoen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm

I think I am totally losing it. Maybe just what I need to start trading again.

If some of the older hands would please spare me 5 min of their time to look at what I am seeing, saying and please tell me if I have lost it.

I lost a lot of money in my attempt at becoming a trader and haven't traded since November 2008. During these last couple of months I have been reading looking and seeing a lot in an attempt to...
1) Regain my confidence
2) Look for a system that will suit my trading personality.

One of the reasons why I lost a lot of money is that due to my work circumstance I can not monitor my computer all day and then I would miss or enter to late on signals.

So I have been looking for a system that I can trade when I am in front of my PC and not have to wait for a couple of hours for a setup to form and then to miss it due to work or other obligations .

Open a 15min chart, or any time frame for that matter.

If you see a white candle place an order to go long 1 pip above its high.

The opposite for short.

The only rules is not to trade against a strong trend (Subjective) and a white candle with a long wick and a black candle with a long shadow are not valid candles.

Move stop loss to break even asap.

The idea of this is to get a quick 10pips at a time.

please let me know that I am crazy

Ps only trade in market hours

Cheers

Jan

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Linear regression showing the history(blue squiggly lines) and the current linear regression.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”