free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

winny

Re: TOPTREND Indicator / TRO or anyone else please help

Postby winny » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
TRO or someone else out there;
Are you able to modify this indicator in usch a way that it can produce
signals and at the same time inform me by email that the trend has changed ?
If so, would you be willing to help us, as I think this is a really really good indicator that can be used as a standalone but also for confirmation of a trend.

Thank you, win

Yes, it is possible.[/quote]

TRO,
Is it a difficult task to modify this indicator so it can send me (us) signals by email ?
Would you be willing to do this ?

I noticed that this indicator is very good on almost all currency pairs.
For EUR/USD as a standalone on a 30 minute frame: highly profitable.
Also on GPP/USD, even the smaller frames.
It does produce excellent signals all day long.
Now, if it was able to send email alerts then one can trade almost any
currency with high accuracy without being attached to that PC.

Let me know if you are willing to modify this one.
Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 pm

es/pip wrote:WHO SEES THIS, BESIDES MO, DRAGON AND I???????????????

this should be illegal

:D

Well... don't know what to respond to this, sometimes I see it and some other don't. Sometimes I trade successfuly, and much more often than not disgracefuly. I relly enjoy all you guys posts, specially as you're successful traders, what somehow gives me the hope of me being successful such as you.

Mighty, would you be so kind to answer this:
When you see this 1-2 pattern, you enter right on the wick of 2 (on the z line or better), or wait to the next candle, after candle 2 cloeses to ensure candle 2 really wicks the ZL?

es/pip, from the entry prices you have posted several times, I can see that most of the time you enter on the candle that follows the 2 on the 1-2 pattern. Do you enter market orders, or stop orders (as limit orders cannot go your way)? I'm also interested in knowing your stop loss policy, method.

I also wonder if you use some filter to take or discard trades? Like only going with H1, D1 color, etc.

I'm attaching 2 images, before and after... cand you please coment on weather this was ok but it didn't workout, or was not a good setup?

Before, what I considered good setup, candle wicking ZL, and trend is short... short entry looks like a good one.

Ended like this

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm

I just wrote a ZeroLines indicator. I'm not sure whether they're painted correctly. Please try.
Attachments
ZLines.mq4
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Hey MightyOne, check THIS
out.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 pm

cfabian wrote:

this should be illegal

Well... don't know what to respond to this, sometimes I see it and some other don't. Sometimes I trade successfuly, and much more often than not disgracefuly. I relly enjoy all you guys posts, specially as you're successful traders, what somehow gives me the hope of me being successful such as you.

Mighty, would you be so kind to answer this:
When you see this 1-2 pattern, you enter right on the wick of 2 (on the z line or better), or wait to the next candle, after candle 2 cloeses to ensure candle 2 really wicks the ZL?

es/pip, from the entry prices you have posted several times, I can see that most of the time you enter on the candle that follows the 2 on the 1-2 pattern. Do you enter market orders, or stop orders (as limit orders cannot go your way)? I'm also interested in knowing your stop loss policy, method.

I also wonder if you use some filter to take or discard trades? Like only going with H1, D1 color, etc.

I'm attaching 2 images, before and after... cand you please coment on weather this was ok but it didn't workout, or was not a good setup?

Before, what I considered good setup, candle wicking ZL, and trend is short... short entry looks like a good one.

Ended like this

i do not so much filter trades per say based off trend or daily or anything like that. I look to SEE where we are and where we are likely to go and trade accordingly

stops---------- i have a hard stop that is different for each timeframe---still a work in progress---- but when a bar closes against me i try to get out at b/e or the best price i can dictated by a lower timeframe chart

i enter different at different times depending on what i see. I rarely offer a full position at a zline.

just bec u see a zline it doesn't mean u just take it

you are looking to go short

scenario 1

all the candles marked 1 are bodies in direction of profit(for a long)--- you finally get a body in direction of profit(towards your short bias) on the candle marked 2

had the candle marked 2 had some bearish momentum and come down below the candle marked A, and then came back up and wicked it then you would have had a reason to get short----based on the 15 min chart alone.

scenario 2

i would see that i am coming into that zline on the 15 min chart and i would look inside to the 5 min for a reason to get short.

scenario 3

you blindly offer that zline short, and then flip down to 5 min and see whats happening---------------this would be a 1/4 position for me--had i did that---i did not

no momentum on the down bar into the 5 min zline--- i would have been out somewhere in that area

Last edited by es/pip on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:54 pm

the above is obviously just the way i see it

i would wait, and would also like to see, how MO would view that

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 am

Fear of taking a trade means that you know what the out come will be; you couldn't possibly know for certain.
And afraid of being wrong.
Tell me:

You are trading a 15 minute chart and the average 15 minute range is 20 pips.

If a new candle opens and you enter into a position then what is your approximate risk without a stop

18 pips

and what is the chance that you can get out at BE if you are wrong.
Minimal

It is your plan to exit on the same candle you entered on if you are not in significant profit, according to past momentum moves, by the time the candle closes:

New one on me.
If a new 15m candle opens and you enter into a position 3 minutes before the close of that same candle then what is your approximate risk without a stop?
About 4-5 pips

Do your chances of getting out at break even improve over entering at the beginning of the candle and why?
Yes, The next candle may go both ways and when you see its reversal you could exit B/E. I never looked at entering this way before.

With limit orders you reduce your risk by having price move to you.
Since price can only move so far so fast, on average, your risk is reduced.
With market orders you reduce your risk not through price movement, but through time. In time price moves using up the range like burning oil there by reducing your risk.

Ok, wait for development to take place.

If the candle that closed is the truth and the current candle is the deception then the current candle must always be moving toward the truth.
Knowing that you will eventually get the truth out of the candle you can observe the deception in fractional check points and then better decide weather it is truth or lie that price is moving with the momentum as shown by truth.

One third dots?
PS: It would help you if your chart was not lit up like a Christmas tree.
This is my way of seeing multiple time frames, I/E M60, M30, and M5 all on the same chart.

.3635 is a Z-line, no more buyers/only sellers available?

000000 was a shooting star reversal signal.
111111 a bear candle
222222 doji (long wicked high wave)
vvvvvv bear candle, sell on 4th arrow M15 for M30 risk =1/3 of M90 risk.
checks = bear candle, body in direction of profit. Yeah, were makin pips now. ect.......

A hint?
So,

Sell/buy toward the end (time wise) of the candle forming the z-line for less risk of a Neg. close?

Sell/buy the opening of the next Illusory candle for a full 20pip risk?

Sell/buy near the close of the next Illusory candle to get closer to verification? 3 min left = about 4 pips risk. But now I have reduced profit potential.

I thought you (MightyOne) rode the wick in the direction of loss back toward the Z-line for additional profit and less drawdown?

Or is that a 102 advanced move?
Am I on the right track or do I need MO 100?

Winny, I can't find the TOPTREND indicator in my list of hundreds of indy's. I even checked the motherload zip posted on this site. Probably a good thing though as I don't want to add to my Schwarzenegger "Christmas" tree chart. LOL

Thanks,
Pro
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

winny

TOPTREND

Postby winny » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 am

prochargedmopar wrote:

Winny, I can't find the TOPTREND indicator in my list of hundreds of indy's. I even checked the motherload zip posted on this site. Probably a good thing though as I don't want to add to my Schwarzenegger "Christmas" tree chart. LOL

Thanks,
Pro

Pro, see attached pic and indicator included.
Please, I hope TRO would like to add email alerts to his Toptrend Indicator.
I would be very grateful.

Attachments
TOPTREND.mq4
TOPTREND
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:51 am

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

this should be illegal

And we have only covered MO 101 :shock:

really? when does MO 102 start? I can hardly wait

I dunno :)

Maybe as a free e-book to those who display competence in 101 :wink:

hmmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:51 am

prochargedmopar wrote:Here is the difficulty I am having. I could SEE the Z-line at .2667-.2662 on multiple time frames.
I wanted to take the short trade at .2662 and again at .2656.
I WATCHED/DID NOTHING the entire half hour. 60 pips in the trash. Saw another one a couple hrs later at 2700 level. 70 more pips down the tube. Very frustrated here not being able to follow my rules and take trades.
I must not have wanted to take them very badly!!!

Ended up taking some buyzone trades and getting whipsawed like a big dog. I had +21.7 pips for the day.
SIMPLY PATHETIC.

first,

21 pips for the day is far from pathetic-------u did better than 95% of other traders

if u make 21 pips per day----everyday---with the right m/m--- you are rich inside of a year----and that's with a small account starting out

2nd,

i do not mean this in a derogatory way------ i cannot tell what the hell is going on in that chart

3rd,

this goes for everyone---that is-------who is interested in zlines

go back and read and copy everyone of MO's posts into a word doc including the charts. ----should take u around 2 hrs

--read them at least 50 times

---- open mt4 and draw zlines and label 1 and 2's----repeat until u SEE it

that's what i did

again

it is pretty damn important to know where we just came from and where we are most likely to go imho

i really do not think everyone understands what MO has presented here-----not saying that everyone doesn't understand it bec they dont see it----but saying, what has been laid out here is priceless.

i have been around for a while
--- bought every "system", indicator and mentor service you could imagine------- i lost tons of money trading these b.s systems----then i realized that none of that mattered and it was all about price action and i traded according to it

and then taking that with what MO has shown has filled in the missing piece.

for those that are interested in zlines and do not SEE it------------if you do not go back and take the posts and study them and study the charts----------------- well, i just don't know what to say about that

if you don't SEE it you are looking too hard. Read the posts and look at all of the charts that have been posted

ok, ok,ok,ok,ok,ok -------------------------------rant over

Return to “TheRumpledOne”