Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:34 pm

with ya

i cant even count how many setups similar to that i have passed on the last week or so------------ maybe i should take your advice--- i think if i remember correctly---you said something similar to " Thats how the pros get in, in pieces not all in"------or something to that extent

thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm

es/pip wrote:with ya

i cant even count how many setups similar to that i have passed on the last week or so------------ maybe i should take your advice--- i think if i remember correctly---you said something similar to " Thats how the pros get in, in pieces not all in"------or something to that extent

thanks

Part of being a discretionary trader is adapting to how price is reacting to your methods even if that means doing the opposite of what the methods are telling you to do.

Also note that this is a 3m chart and the higher TF charts were very bullish. Take this into consideration when you get a short signal on a smaller chart.

I flash through time frames to get a feel for where I am and then find a higher time frame that I want to peg my focus to & trade the smaller TF based on that chart.

If I see long lower wicks on the "peg chart" then I am more inclined to use limit orders than I am market orders.

If the wicks are small or non existent then I am more inclined to use market orders than limit orders.

The pink line represents the same PA use see to the right only using Spacial Intellect.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 pm

nice 24pip scalp

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:with ya

thanks

Part of being a discretionary trader is adapting to how price is reacting to your methods even if that means doing the opposite of what the methods are telling you to do.

Also note that this is a 3m chart and the higher TF charts were very bullish. Take this into consideration when you get a short signal on a smaller chart.

I flash through time frames to get a feel for where I am and then find a higher time frame that I want to peg my focus to & trade the smaller TF based on that chart.

If I see long lower wicks on the "peg chart" then I am more inclined to use limit orders than I am market orders.

If the wicks are small or non existent then I am more inclined to use market orders than limit orders.

The pink line represents the same PA use see to the right only using Spacial Intellect.

yeah i try to trade to and from the 1hr or so on zl on the smaller charts----

very informative post right here people

little gold nuggets getting dropped everywhere today

thanks

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 pm

es/pip

Sorry but I don't see why this was an incorrect setup?
Can you please detail explain your thought on this? and how MO clarified your thoughts as well?

To me bar 1 clearly breaks previous bar, where you set the lower yellow line, and the candle with the "x" comes back down, touch the line to zero previous breakout, a doji and then ramp up. Just don't get what you guys are thinking and/or seeing..... and I belive that's the reason I haven't been as successful as you do. I'm very much hooked into this ZL concept, but need little bit more thoughts.

Thanks a lot for your help

es/pip wrote:MO,

what are your thoughts when you see this happen

i am not in this trade

i went down to the 1 and 5 and couldn't find a 1 2

do you average into it on the way up

or

just pass on it

thanks

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm

MightyOne wrote:What makes one method greater than another is less draw down and more profit ie YOU.

Agreed =)

Using the 1-2-3 Yesterdays trade of mine had a max drawdown of 9pips while there was opportunity to take profit at 150pips when I looked last night, and even more this morning. Unfortunatly I put a 35 trailing SL 60 pips away and within a 3hour retrace it hit my SL for +85 pips. A little dissapointed but not complaining.

I'd say that's very good R/R! =D

Tro, about the higher/lower highs/lows that I posted before, I'm interested as to see if it would be effective - counting how many higher/lower highs/lows in a row over a certain period, like the bar count (red/green). Could you make something up like that? Or wouldn't be worth doing?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 am

cfabian wrote:es/pip

Sorry but I don't see why this was an incorrect setup?
Can you please detail explain your thought on this? and how MO clarified your thoughts as well?

To me bar 1 clearly breaks previous bar, where you set the lower yellow line, and the candle with the "x" comes back down, touch the line to zero previous breakout, a doji and then ramp up. Just don't get what you guys are thinking and/or seeing..... and I belive that's the reason I haven't been as successful as you do. I'm very much hooked into this ZL concept, but need little bit more thoughts.

Thanks a lot for your help

es/pip wrote:MO,

what are your thoughts when you see this happen

i am not in this trade

i went down to the 1 and 5 and couldn't find a 1 2

do you average into it on the way up

or

just pass on it

thanks

in that chart u get a body in direction of profit followed by a body in direction of loss and then a wick in direction of loss---------------for me i am not as gung ho to take that one

so I go down in timframes and try and get a 1-2 on them-----MO just gave another way to trade it

when MO was asked earlier in this thread about how he enters and exits--- he responded it is different all the time bec the market is different at different times-------------------------that would explain this setup

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:12 am

nice 24pip scalp

Ienjoytrading81

Postby Ienjoytrading81 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:56 am

MightyOne wrote:
Ienjoytrading81 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:In order of importance:

Hello MO, I want to be clear here, #2 is on there because it was an old ZL? Is that correct?

It was the ZL for the short move.

Yes, can you tell me what make you put it on the chart? Was it that previous 1hr break or something on a lower TF?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 am

Ienjoytrading81 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Ienjoytrading81 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:In order of importance:

Hello MO, I want to be clear here, #2 is on there because it was an old ZL? Is that correct?

It was the ZL for the short move.

Yes, can you tell me what make you put it on the chart? Was it that previous 1hr break or something on a lower TF?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”