Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:52 am

In regard to the MBT Navigator. It seems that limit orders don't get filled in at all, its ticking me off. I'm guessing it doesnt work with the demo?... There have been a countless amount of times where I buy, or sell, using a limit order, and when the price goes right past it, or even idles ON the price I set the limit for, it NEVER gets filled.

I read somewhere that its possible to, for example, buy at the bid? And sell at the bid too? And vise versa, go short at ask and buy back at the ask. How would this be accomplished?

I ask that because at the moment the spread of the GBP/JPY is 4, which isn't too bad.. but before it was as much as 10, and its hard to buy at the ask and sell at the bid when theres such a big spread. What would you recommend, because I know you don't trade with 10 spread ._.

Oop, spreads back to 10 again =[

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 am

Limit orders work on the demo.

Try using the Market Depth/Level II screen to enter your orders.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 am

Hi TRO,
Hey what's up...or I should say down...with your 2% club at paltalk? Room wasn't open last night, or tonight either.
It's not always about getting what you want...it's wanting what you've got!

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:02 am

pierre23 wrote:In regard to the MBT Navigator. It seems that limit orders don't get filled in at all, its ticking me off. I'm guessing it doesnt work with the demo?... There have been a countless amount of times where I buy, or sell, using a limit order, and when the price goes right past it, or even idles ON the price I set the limit for, it NEVER gets filled.

I read somewhere that its possible to, for example, buy at the bid? And sell at the bid too? And vise versa, go short at ask and buy back at the ask. How would this be accomplished?

I ask that because at the moment the spread of the GBP/JPY is 4, which isn't too bad.. but before it was as much as 10, and its hard to buy at the ask and sell at the bid when theres such a big spread. What would you recommend, because I know you don't trade with 10 spread ._.

Piere check out the following image.
Make those selections in preferences before you make the entry.

use TRADE THROUGH for long positions
use FIRST TOUCH for short positions

Plus if you want the platform to work for pest price move the slider to the left. If you move it to the right then the platform will execute the order faster.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

Daily statistics.

TRO is TRO BAR STATS one of the indicators you donate? I can't find it in any of the zips or posts. If for in case it is I've already sent a donation.
Thnx

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Sweet Pip wrote:Hi TRO,
Hey what's up...or I should say down...with your 2% club at paltalk? Room wasn't open last night, or tonight either.

I had to repair windows. Room open now.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:43 pm

xmess7 wrote:

Daily statistics.

TRO is TRO BAR STATS one of the indicators you donate? I can't find it in any of the zips or posts. If for in case it is I've already sent a donation.
Thnx

TRO BAR STATS was sent to people who donated.

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:42 pm

pierre23,

I have had the same problems as you, and have been on a live MBT account. TRO never said anything about changing prefs, so I haven't. I just know I try to use limit orders like I have been told, and I don't get filled either most of the time. In prefs (which I don't think I've ever changed), my Stop method is set to First touch, and slider is set to Price. Again, TRO hasn't said anything about changing these that I know of, and so I haven't. I usually resort to right-clicking in Positions window and choosing 'Close all trades', and so usually end up doing as most others tell to do: Buy at Ask and Sell at Bid. I guess is keeps bothering me because:
If everyone did that, then we would be selling at the Ask (since buyers are told the Ask is price someone is willing to Sell at, that they should buy at Ask, yet Sellers are told to sell at Bid, and vice versa, since sellers are told the Bid is price someone is willing to Buy at, that they should sell at Bid, yet Buyers are told to buy at Ask). Something's just not right. If I sell, I should be able to do so at the Ask, since buyers are conditioned and told to buy at the Ask. If I buy, I should be able to buy at the Bid, since Sellers are told to sell at the bid. I wish I could get it to work too.

Don

xmess7 wrote:
pierre23 wrote:In regard to the MBT Navigator. It seems that limit orders don't get filled in at all, its ticking me off. I'm guessing it doesnt work with the demo?... There have been a countless amount of times where I buy, or sell, using a limit order, and when the price goes right past it, or even idles ON the price I set the limit for, it NEVER gets filled.

Piere check out the following image.
Make those selections in preferences before you make the entry.

use TRADE THROUGH for long positions
use FIRST TOUCH for short positions

Plus if you want the platform to work for pest price move the slider to the left. If you move it to the right then the platform will execute the order faster.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
xmess7 wrote:

Daily statistics.

Thnx

TRO BAR STATS was sent to people who donated.

Kewl, I'll wait for it!

Mr TRO, I am starting to get to the point where all I do is draw fibs on the H1 range and do entries on the lower time frames. I am starting to SEE with more clarity price direction. Now if I had some stats... boy that would be awesome... the EDGE, the EDGE!!

Keep up the great work, Mr TRO.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 pm

5 green bars in a row.

Price failed to make a new high.

H1 candle turned red.

Simple.

Just trading with the statistics.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”