Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:not complaining had a really good day so far but this one stung a tiny bit :evil:

MO,

How would u analyze this sequence.

thanks for your time

Sorry for my inactivity I have just been so exhausted lately that I don't want to move.

Lets see:

It was a 15m chart with huge bearish momentum followed by a doji...so far so good.
The bullish bar moving up from the body of the doji created a ZL with a body in the direction of profit.
To take the short trade I would have to move to the 1, 3, or 5m chart.
Since the 15m charts was your reference time frame and the body closed in the direction of profit to the long side and was vastly larger than the body of the doji you should be looking for long trades even though you had your heart set on trading short.

Some times the only response is "s**t happens" and "you can't win them all."

Try dividing your trades in 2 parts (limit + market or vise versa) and risking half the 15 (480) per trade.

thanks for your comments

i can see what u mean about looking for longs there

thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:20 pm

ricg,

i must have overlooked when you posted that.

thanks

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:22 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:http://www.rallycongress.com/no2tradertax/1536/tell-congres-to-block-trader-tax/

gotta love our gov't

unreal

NO, I don't!!!

I HATE THE BASTARDS.

Their response to everything is to:

1) restrict/regulate it

2) tax it.

A REVOLUTION IS LONG OVERDUE!!

exactly

bunch of damn idiots

es/pip

Re: Semafor............

Postby es/pip » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm

xmess7 wrote:Guys hi, I couldn't resist I have to make a comment on this coming
EURUSD trade. I hope I don't through a wrench into what you guys are
doing, especially to the newbies. The ZeroLine stuff you guys are
working on is fantastic. I on the other hand have like 2 or 3 methods I
mess with. Anyway here goes.

Tro posted this a couple of threads ago, where he explains the 3SemaFor.
I concur that price could go short on this pair. Let me show you why I
think it will go down. I've edited the image with my observations. This is
one method I use to make trades. You can check the videos out at

http://bluestar-graphics.com/trade.html. It's "Trade in the Buff",
you see the basics on there. I use it to it's fullest potential.

I didn't get in the trade at the point where I saw the movement.
I was busy with the GBJPY and EURJPY shorts, I netted 220pips.
But, there is also two more pairs that could comfirm this
LONG USDCHF
SHORT EURAUD.
I see that happening next week as well. If those move like so well then
that probably will affect the EURUSD to SHORT next week as well.

Again anyone need any help or info send me an email...
Yes, yes.. I'll share what I am doing soon. ...

how do you know a #1 is a #1 in the 123 sequence before you know the range of the #2 bar-------- and how do you know the #1 in your chart is the #1 and not the bar before it

i watched your videos, but i may have missed it

looking forward to you sharing what you are doing

thanks

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:37 pm

xmess7,
first vid question
"hope you've read chapter 1" Where is the e-book/pdf?
Thanks

TRO,
Yes, I've printed out those posts and carry them with me to work.

Question about a possible indicator:
If you look at disk 3 of Nison's at the 1:07:05 time/slide 153, He talks about (Record Sessions highs/lows) as an indicator for overbought/oversold. Is there any way to make an idi that disregards the one or two lower/higher candles but continues to count the candles in succession? It could give a warning when it got to the 7-12 count range for a reversal. Maybe you already have one like that as it seems to be like the buzzard reversal in a way.

Just curious.
Pro
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Also,
Is this chart not showing the custom candle because the markets are closed and there is no data feed?

I decided to add a couple dashboards and they stopped showing since.
Thanks.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:55 pm

When the big 3 on the 5 and 1h chart line up, it is time to start looking to build a position - yes, sometimes you are going against the color of the H1, but you are looking to scale into a position. From my experience,this is like sitting at a poker table with 4 of a kind or better

Here is how I approach it. I put on some appropriate music, maybe "The Gambler" or "Take the Money and Run". Every grand moment needs a sound track, In a pinch, Survivor's Eye of the Tiger will do as long as you never admit to anyone that you actually listen to it.

When I see the 3 form on the h1, I start looking for an entry on the the 5 minute chart with one unit of risk. Ideally I want to see some movement away from the 5 minute candle that formed the H1. A limit entry is great, but sometimes it is a stop or a market entry. This is a place where 10 can easily equal 50, so you want to be loose when you put this position on - consider this a throw away bet - one unit of risk - say 20 to 25 pips stop loss - I have tried to keep this tight before and usually get stopped out multiple times to the tune of 30 to 50 pips worth of losses during a time when price ranges only about a pip or two beyond my SL. I will have a take profit on this position of about the average hourly range for the currency. I usually put this position on when I see price go thru the go long or short trigger line of the dynamic res lines. This is your ante

Once you are in, and this first position is positive, look to add to the position. Ideally what I like to do is add 2 separate units of risk each time I get in here. At this point i tighten up my SL's to 10 pips. One unit has a TP of 10 pips, the other runs free (I play Euro/US so you may adjust your SL's accordingly). I like to trade free when I can, so if things go against me after my second position is on, it hasnt been a total waste of time

In a perfect world, I add to the position at a psych level and then when candle color flips. You can also look to add to the position when you see a 1 finished forming on a retrace on the 5 minute chart. I look to have between 5 and 8 units of risk riding during this run and start think about closing out the position once the first position comes close to its TP level. - look to pull 50 to 90 pips out across this total position (in 40 pips of movement). Often this happens very fast and you don't have the time to get in and set specific TP and SL's for each position, so it requires some dexterity. Of course, you can always just let things ride - all depends on your goals. I personally like to stack 'em and rack'em

Then, and this is the really important part. Shut your machine off and walk away. You are finished for the day.

Sometimes you may find yourself trading against the H1 color - and maybe you are even out of the position entirely (as you would have been on TRO's chart with the last 3) but you are still trading with the trend of the higher time frame

prochargedmopar wrote:RicG,
I followed your link and sent emails to Texas representatives. Kreslik members are with ya.

Today in the paltalk 2% TRO was giving out good advice/info on trading the Double 00's. E/U
220 pip daily range average.
00's are 100 pips apart.
Think about it.

I was down big time, all over the place. Started using the psych line trading toward the end of the day and finished with 10 straight in profit.
Still lost 50 bucks but worth the "training" lesson's learned.

1st lesson is that staying up 30hrs trading between work shifts, sleeping 5 hrs, then staying up 36 more hrs has got to stop. Slept 3.5hrs and I'm back at work. Good thing I get to sleep saturday.

Razor,
I hear a lot of talk about the semifor's lately. Sounds like they are working well for some of you guys. Isn't the H1/M5 semifor kinda like what you were doing with the TRO SS RR? I was with you in that I could see how the M1 reacted to the M5 candle color S/R lines.

Many people say to mark the daily and hourly S/R levels on your chart and it makes for really strong signals on the lower time frames when they match up.

TRO, Thanks for the help today and also thanks for the posts a few days ago on (Natural Laws). Right up my alley. Very enjoyable read.
Pro

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 pm

SIMPLE IS BETTER

I have been reading, learning and coding systems from various forums. One thing is apparent:

PEOPLE LOVE COMPLEX SYSTEMS.

THE MORE SQUIGGLY LINES THE MORE THE SYSTEMS ARE COVETED!

Threads from Jacko and jjrvat that promote simplicity are almost dormant. Is that because traders learned the simple systems and have no need to post to the threads? Or is it because traders can not accept the fact that trading IS simple and skip over these threads in search of the HOLY GRAIL?

If just ONE SYSTEM WORKED, then it's just a matter of time before it would own everything. As traders, we look for something to give us an "edge" when we trade. But NO ONE KNOWS IF THE NEXT TICK WILL BE UP OR DOWN.

Rather than trying to predict which way price will go in the future, it is more profitable to identify which way price IS moving in the present and trade accordingly.

In the chart above, price is up from the open and from the open 1 bar ago and down from the rest. Which way would you trade - Long or Short?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:43 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I decided to add a couple dashboards and they stopped showing since.
Thanks.

What do you mean "stopped showing"?

They are displaying results in REAL TIME. No history.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:16 pm

The pic above has the custom candle set to 30period and it's currently on the 5M chart. They will start showing up when the market opens. Sorry to bother.

Well,
Previous trend is down.
I see a huge wick in the direction of loss.
Doji signaled a neutral or weakening of the market.
We currently have a ?bullish engulfing pattern? developing.
Not sure how much time is left in the current candle but the cross of 50, 75, or 00 on the next candle would be a signal to BUY if price continues UP.
It would have been nice to get in at 93.25 but I was on the net watching xmess7's videos from above and missed the trade. lol
Do I see or am I guessing?
TRO 1/3 dots would have given a signal at about 93.15 eh? (go long/go short/whatever zones)
A psychic would have bought in at 92.50
Pro

Return to “TheRumpledOne”