Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:56 am

i didnt take this one

i see something interesting on the 5 min body= profit loss= wick

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 pm

es/pip wrote::shock:

Lol i took the same trade. The only bad thing is i taught i was live but my demo was selected. Damn

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:48 pm

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:39 pm

here is a loser for those that wanted to see those

bar closed against me got out on bounce up on next bar -9 pips

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 am

I had a crack at it... In the pic I think I got the entry right, but pretty sure I missed the exit as price has now rocketed upwards.

1 = body in direction of profit
2 = wick in direction of loss

The candle the arrow is pointing to is the candle which hit my short trigger (yellow line) and continued down.

I was waiting for price to hit the second yellow line, as I thought this was a ZL, and my exit, but as shown I think I missed the exit at the green circle.

Am I on the right track? There were 5-7 pips to be had with no drawdown, I think everyones goal is to have a trade go into profit without drawdown.

Please comment. thanks.

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:37 am

I'm just watching the charts... I think I'm starting to see it... hopefully I'm not just seeing things and placing lines where I want them to be lol.

Below same as before 1 and 2, the candle before the exit candle (green circle) hits long trigger (yellow line) and goes straight up to profit, very little to no drawdown.

Am I seeing it?

edit: woops there is drawdown.. didn't notice the red candle after the "2" candle wick the trigger.. still, have I got the right idea?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 am

pierre23 wrote:I'm just watching the charts... I think I'm starting to see it... hopefully I'm not just seeing things and placing lines where I want them to be lol.

Below same as before 1 and 2, the candle before the exit candle (green circle) hits long trigger (yellow line) and goes straight up to profit, very little to no drawdown.

Am I seeing it?

edit: woops there is drawdown.. didn't notice the red candle after the "2" candle wick the trigger.. still, have I got the right idea?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

not sure how to explain this----and again take my responses with a grain of salt-----and let MO be the real answer

in saying that

i tried to get my chartup so i could mark it the way i SEE it----- but our data is really different----so i marked on yours

and again take this with a grain of salt and wait for MO

hard to put into words but if you were looking for a short sequence in that price action i would have drawn it like this

u want to see 1- body in direction of profit and 2- wick in direction of loss

it is important where the body falls and where the wick is--------- "wicked in"

look where your z line is compared to mine and the sequence of the #1 and #2's

that is how i SEE it

again take that with a grain of salt

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 am

pierre23 wrote:I'm just watching the charts... I think I'm starting to see it... hopefully I'm not just seeing things and placing lines where I want them to be lol.

Am I seeing it?

this is how i see that sequence

again just my view

body in dir of profit wick in dir of loss

and

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:15 am

es/pip wrote:here is a loser for those that wanted to see those

bar closed against me got out on bounce up on next bar -9 pips

This was actually very poor trade selection :(

The ZL started up high with very strong bearish momentum and the bar even closed strong.
Next you get a higher gap open and a lower close followed by a bullish bar which made the same high as the prev. bar and then closed near the gap open price.

Sound bullish yet? Didn't think so...

The next bar (marked as 1) moved to the pivot ZL, which I might have been able to live with had it not closed with a smaller body than the prev. candle.
A bar closing with a smaller body than the prev. is not indicative of traders holding onto profit.

The hammer that followed gave the illusion that price was supported at the lows and offered a 2nd opportunity to short had you not shorted at the ZL pivot.

The 1st doji that followed was no big deal as doji, hammers, or even long wicks help fuel strong moves for even lower prices as traders attempt to pick the bottom.
The 2nd doji or even a bullish bar after a doji is enough to wind the strongest bear into quitting the match.

Walk your self through the candles and create a story of what you believe is happening on your charts.

The more systematic you become the more you begin to lose :shock:

PS: thanks for posting :P

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks for your reply es/pip.

So are you looking for a "2" or wick in direction of loss, to "touch" the zline before you enter? So in the first case I have my zline in the wrong place and in the 2nd case I entered at the wrong time, I was to wait untill a "wick in dir of loss" to touch the zline then enter long right?

I think I'm slowely getting it... guess it's a matter of experience, it'll come.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”