Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:58 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
MighyOne,
TRO said today while we were in the 2% club that he is making you a indicator for painting yearly charts.
He sure makes life/trading easy eh?
Pro

TRO does so much for all of us it makes me feel insignificant :cry:

:)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:02 am

prochargedmopar wrote:I'm trying to entice him into the room. The more great traders in your/our community the better for all.
Doh. Sorry.
Pro

Hold your horses, I'm coming I'm coming :wink:

My middle name is pro...procrastination that is :oops:

Sledge100

TRO_DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR Indicator

Postby Sledge100 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, been trading currencies for about 3 years now. Found this place after some search of you TRO since everyone seems to not want you around their forum. Glad to know you have a "safe place" to showcase your talent.

I just have a question of TRO if I may: I may be out of line asking, so feel free to tell me so- but can you tell me on the TRO_DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR Indicator- how does it determine the Buy and Sell Lines?

Obviously, if you are in say a down move, as the move progresses, the "BUY Line" will move down with the move. But I have been scratching my head what parameters it utilizes in order to move the lines up or down? Thank you for all your work- truly is wonderful stuff!

Aaron

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Sledge, which platform... MT4, TradeStation or eSignal?

TRADERS: IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT AN INDICATOR, PLEASE POST A CHART SHOWING THAT INDICATOR AND POST THE EXACT NAME OF THE INDICATOR.

I think I have written over 1,000 indicators, so please help me help you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 pm

MORE ON ZERO LINES

[size=18]
Ever since MightyOne introduced zero lines, I have been mulling it over. I think I "see" something. I wrote a histogram indicator to show HIGH - PREVIOUS HIGH and LOW - PREVIOUS LOW.

But first...

I have been reading some of Dan Millman's books. He speaks of "rules" or "laws". One rule involves "resistance" and another involves "balance". The light bulb started to flicker.

Newton's First Law of Motion:

I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

Newton's Second Law of Motion:

II. The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the Direction of the acceleration vector.

Newton's Third Law of Motion:

III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Escape velocity

In physics, escape velocity is the speed where the kinetic energy of an object is equal to the magnitude of its gravitational potential energy.

It is commonly described as the speed needed to "break free" from a gravitational field (without any additional impulse). The term escape velocity can be considered a misnomer because it is actually a speed rather than a velocity, i.e. it specifies how fast the object must move but the direction of movement is irrelevant, unless "downward."

How can we use Millman's and Newton's laws to help us trade?

Price remains at rest until buyers and sellers act upon it.

Price channels until it escapes.

Buyers buy to:

1) enter a trade

2) cover a short for profit

3) cover a short for a loss

Sellers sell to:

1) enter a trade

2) sell for profit

3) sell for a loss

The previous candle's high represents the highest price buyers were willing to pay at that time.

The previous candle's low represents the lowest price sellers were willing to sell for at that time.

If price moves above the previous candle's high, either it will continue to go higher or it will reverse.

If price moves below the previous candle's low, either it will continue to go lower or it will reverse.

We can see price reverse when it makes lower highs and higher lows.

Price returns to the zero line to return a "balance" between buyers and sellers.

The first chart is the M5 and the second chart is the H1.

DO YOU SEE IT?

TO BE CONTINUED...
Last edited by TheRumpledOne on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 pm

DO YOU SEE IT NOW?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 pm

"More times than not, when I enter a trade it reverses, hits my stop, reverses and goes way past my original entry."

"The problem contains the solution."

1) calculate your entry and stop price.

2) enter the trade at your STOP price.

Sledge100

Postby Sledge100 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Sledge, which platform... MT4, TradeStation or eSignal?

TRADERS: IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT AN INDICATOR, PLEASE POST A CHART SHOWING THAT INDICATOR AND POST THE EXACT NAME OF THE INDICATOR.

I think I have written over 1,000 indicators, so please help me help you.

TRO-
It is the TRO_DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR Indicator.
The one that draws the Support and Resistance Dots and produces Buy and Sell Lines. On the picture I posted you can see the sell line- the Buy Line is way out of the 1 hr chart.

My questions are:
1. The lines will move as the market moves. What triggers in the indicator to produce a move of the Buy or Sell line on a chart?
2. Same question with a Dot. If you look at a support line of dots as an example- you see a long row at the bottom at about 1.4715. At 1.4890 you see that a new blue dot forms at the bottom of the bar.

With both questions I'm probably seeking the same answer (Thanks in advance) What does the indicator "see" that prompts:
A. The Buy Sell Lines to shift
B. That particular bar, to now have a blue dot below it?

Hope this is a descriptive enough set of questions.
Thanks
Aaron

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:35 pm

MightyOne wrote on Jan 17th.
"P.S. If you want to get technical you could say that 3240 closed against me...and it did. But since the candle was less than average and the next candle was bullish I made an exception...how convenient i know" :roll:

Funny/coincidence I was studying this at my kids basketball and cheer leading games today. Well, He got the price that you describe above and this allowed him to be able to sit through the wick and body of the next candle. He still came out smelling like a rose, errr a beer?

sledge,
When I first saw the DynFibs I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread(doh, I don't eat bread). Anyway, from what I've seen all it does is paint from the highs/lows of the price in that particular time frame. It you get a couple candles that don't hit the support/resistance it calls a buy/sell. If the next candle breaks through it would re-think and start new dots for a new low/high. As far as I can tell you don't need it. Use your own eyes to draw dots/lines.

Nison says the great thing about candles is that there is always a price that tells you that your wrong. If a BODY closes past the bottom wick of a hammer for instance. Your wrong/ market is right. I'd say exit the position, wait for the next candle to form a wick in that same area and ride the breakout down.
just my noobie opinion.
Pro
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I have a strange request. Some of you "pros" already posted a lot of winning trades. I'd like to see some of your losing ones as well. If a trade goes into into the right direction right from the start, it's not really difficult to be profitable... But we all know that we have to take losses as well. So I'm interested in (maybe M1) charts where you had to make the decision when to stop.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”