Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 am

cfabian wrote:Ok guys... I've one example for you and need your opinion on how to approach it.

You'll see in the image, there's 2 ZL that can be used. According to what I understand, both are valid setups to place a trade, but contrary direction.

Please look at it and post your opinion. Probably I'm missing something on the pic to tell me which way... or the other option is to stay out until further comfirmation.

BTW: you people take images and add the partial lines (like the red ones) with an editor, or you can add them on MT4? As I can only add horizontal lines on MT4 full width not smaller (unless you know how to do so),

Cheers

yeah, i would not be looking long in that area either i would have in this area for a long

i have no idea how to draw a single short line in mt4 either----- i use the rectangle and make it look like a line

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:55 am

es/pip wrote:
cfabian wrote:Ok guys... I've one example for you and need your opinion on how to approach it.

You'll see in the image, there's 2 ZL that can be used. According to what I understand, both are valid setups to place a trade, but contrary direction.

Please look at it and post your opinion. Probably I'm missing something on the pic to tell me which way... or the other option is to stay out until further comfirmation.

BTW: you people take images and add the partial lines (like the red ones) with an editor, or you can add them on MT4? As I can only add horizontal lines on MT4 full width not smaller (unless you know how to do so),

Cheers

yeah, i would not be looking long in that area either i would have in this area for a long

i have no idea how to draw a single short line in mt4 either----- i use the rectangle and make it look like a line

Trend line ---> pull horizontally ---> double left click ---> right click on line ---> left click trendline properties ---> the second box over from "style" is used to change line thickness.

If you do not have trend lines then ---> right click on the tab where your BOX and horiz. lines are and then left click on customize ---> left click on trendline ---> left click on insert ---> hit close.

Special Moves :wink: : Holding down shift makes it impossible to drag a line diagonally and holding down CTRL and pulling on a selected line copies the line :shock:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 am

A Spatial Intelligence expert would make a great donation indi.

lines from opens to closes that are X candles wide.
Shift option to move the start candle forward by X.

So if you set the expert to six then it would draw lines from opens to closes every six candles.

Just a thought TRO...

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:29 am

What is this Spatial Intelligence of which you speak and where can I learn more about it

Or you can post a chart and spoon feed it to me and then I can ask you stupid questions

Thanks
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:45 am

razorboy wrote:What is this Spatial Intelligence of which you speak and where can I learn more about it

Or you can post a chart and spoon feed it to me and then I can ask you stupid questions

Thanks

Visual-spatial (Wiki)

Main article: Spatial reasoning

This area has to do with vision and spatial judgment. People with strong visual-spatial intelligence are typically very good at visualizing and mentally manipulating objects.

I am sure there is a course some where out there, but every thing I have ever learned about trading has come from the chart...

I marked a ZL based on the Spatial Int. to make things more easy to understand.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 am

Start by looking at bars 2 x 2 and then shift forward one open and look at the bars 2 x 2 again.

Next look at the bars 3 x 3 and shift forward one open and look at the bars 3 x 3 again.

Eventually (hopefully) you will learn to speed read the chart in multiple time frames.

After you can do this then I can take your Spacial Intelligence up even one more notch :wink:

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 am

I typically do the exact opposite - maybe a bad habit, not sure - break the hour candles down to half hour candles in my mind

MightyOne wrote:Image

Start by looking at bars 2 x 2 and then shift forward one open and look at the bars 2 x 2 again.

Next look at the bars 3 x 3 and shift forward one open and look at the bars 3 x 3 again.

Eventually (hopefully) you will learn to speed read the chart in multiple time frames.

After you can do this then I can take your Spacial Intelligence up even one more notch :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:07 am

razorboy wrote:I typically do the exact opposite - maybe a bad habit, not sure - break the hour candles down to half hour candles in my mind

H1 candles on a 5m chart is the start of Spatial Int. you just need to mentally shift those 12 candles backwards and forwards 5 minutes at a time.

An easy way to do things is to scan the 5m chart with your eyes and if you see some thing on a 3 bar combination then use spatial int. on a 15m chart.

When reading you should just scan OPEN-CLOSE OPEN-CLOSE going forwards and CLOSE-OPEN CLOSE-OPEN going backwards.

You will automatically see the wicks as they are any movement beyond the 2 points you are scanning.

When you can do this really well then set up custom time frames in 5m intervals.
Scan the 5m and then scan the 10.
If you see a 4 bar combination on the 10 then jump up to the 40m and scan that.

The worst thing about MetaTrader4 is not having custom time frames.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 am

Now I see........4 long wicks and then a giant fall.....

MightyOne wrote:
razorboy wrote:What is this Spatial Intelligence of which you speak and where can I learn more about it

Thanks

Visual-spatial (Wiki)

Main article: Spatial reasoning

This area has to do with vision and spatial judgment. People with strong visual-spatial intelligence are typically very good at visualizing and mentally manipulating objects.

I am sure there is a course some where out there, but every thing I have ever learned about trading has come from the chart...

I marked a ZL based on the Spatial Int. to make things more easy to understand.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:28 am

you can set the time period of the custom candle plug in to get custom timeframes

MightyOne wrote:
razorboy wrote:I typically do the exact opposite - maybe a bad habit, not sure - break the hour candles down to half hour candles in my mind

H1 candles on a 5m chart is the start of Spatial Int. you just need to mentally shift those 12 candles backwards and forwards 5 minutes at a time.

An easy way to do things is to scan the 5m chart with your eyes and if you see some thing on a 3 bar combination then use spatial int. on a 15m chart.

When reading you should just scan OPEN-CLOSE OPEN-CLOSE going forwards and CLOSE-OPEN CLOSE-OPEN going backwards.

You will automatically see the wicks as they are any movement beyond the 2 points you are scanning.

When you can do this really well then set up custom time frames in 5m intervals.
Scan the 5m and then scan the 10.
If you see a 4 bar combination on the 10 then jump up to the 40m and scan that.

The worst thing about MetaTrader4 is not having custom time frames.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”