Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 am

Mightyone,

Do the Zlines you peak of have anything to do with the MACD zerolines?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 am

blud72 wrote:Image

Hello all,

I wanted to add my voice to the discussion and to give kudos to both Avery and MightyOne for the intelligent and profitable help you have provided everyone here.

I have traded stocks for the last decade and followed the muddy method and TRO's discussions for years. I am a recent convert to forex (the past year and only after reading a post about Avery moving to forex trading) but already playing this has surpassed my wildest expectations. Equities just don't cut it for me anymore and I enjoy pips like I enjoy life.

Probably the information that has served me the best besides this forum is learning about candles with Steve Nison in his candlestick trading dvd that specifically focuses on forex. Candles are pure price action and they tell you exactly what the market is doing at all times and how price reacts to zero lines. No need for the silly indicators that used to get me in trouble. Now it is common sense and understanding along with solid money management.

I thought I would post a screen capture of Friday afternoon's trade action that I took part in. This was an exercise to show my father and younger brother that trading can occur at any time, even into the close of the forex. They are currently learning to trade in this fashion, what MightyOne refers to as "discretionary trading." If anyone wants to know... I use a program called Teamviewer to show them over the computer how to trade and conference call using our phones. Beautiful (and free) program to use...check it out.

Again, thanks for an engaging discussion and I hope to help contribute my 2 cents in order to help others become profitable and stress free trading currencies. Also a thanks to Dragon for the trade management method that Avery coded. Took the account to the moon.

:P

Can I ask specifically which dvd by Steve Nison are you talking about? Also how much was it and was it worth the money?

cheers

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:57 am

marcromero wrote:Mightyone,

not answering for MO, but i am going to say no.

they are breakout lines/change in ownership

look at a chart any time frame. Just look at it, what area jumps out at you where the buyers took control of the sellers or vice vrsa. What you SEE will most likely be a zline.

IMHO

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:17 am

es/pip wrote:

look at a chart any time frame. Just look at it, what area jumps out at you where the buyers took control of the sellers or vice vrsa. What you SEE will most likely be a zline.

IMHO

Thanks I'll chew on that for a while. I've been going thru this thread like a mad man trying to figure this out. Sounds good but cannot use it till I'm sure what it is. Once i figure it out I then have to try and understand how to use limit orders with this method, or any method for that matter.

blud72

Postby blud72 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:25 am

pierre23 wrote:

Hello all,

I wanted to add my voice to the discussion and to give kudos to both Avery and MightyOne for the intelligent and profitable help you have provided everyone here.

I have traded stocks for the last decade and followed the muddy method and TRO's discussions for years. I am a recent convert to forex (the past year and only after reading a post about Avery moving to forex trading) but already playing this has surpassed my wildest expectations. Equities just don't cut it for me anymore and I enjoy pips like I enjoy life.

Probably the information that has served me the best besides this forum is learning about candles with Steve Nison in his candlestick trading dvd that specifically focuses on forex. Candles are pure price action and they tell you exactly what the market is doing at all times and how price reacts to zero lines. No need for the silly indicators that used to get me in trouble. Now it is common sense and understanding along with solid money management.

I thought I would post a screen capture of Friday afternoon's trade action that I took part in. This was an exercise to show my father and younger brother that trading can occur at any time, even into the close of the forex. They are currently learning to trade in this fashion, what MightyOne refers to as "discretionary trading." If anyone wants to know... I use a program called Teamviewer to show them over the computer how to trade and conference call using our phones. Beautiful (and free) program to use...check it out.

Again, thanks for an engaging discussion and I hope to help contribute my 2 cents in order to help others become profitable and stress free trading currencies. Also a thanks to Dragon for the trade management method that Avery coded. Took the account to the moon.

Can I ask specifically which dvd by Steve Nison are you talking about? Also how much was it and was it worth the money?

cheers

Hey there,

The DVD set is Steve Nison's Profiting in Forex. He sells it for $600 on his site but it isn't easy or obvious to find...not sure why. I bought my copy on ebay for around 200 dollars and for the cost of one little trade on the forex, I found that it was money well spent. You get 4 DVD's and an ebook that contains the slides. I ended up watching the DVD's on the widescreen and annotating the pdf with my tablet pc and it was thoroughly enjoyable. The commentary on what the candles are telling you is priceless and has kept me out of many bad trades. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey there Blud,

Quick question - it looks like you are using the 1 and 3 to guide you where to put your buy limit orders - not the 2's?

Am I missing something
thanks

pierre23 wrote:

Hello all,

cheers

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:07 pm

marcromero wrote:
es/pip wrote:

IMHO

Thanks I'll chew on that for a while. I've been going thru this thread like a mad man trying to figure this out. Sounds good but cannot use it till I'm sure what it is. Once i figure it out I then have to try and understand how to use limit orders with this method, or any method for that matter.

also go back and look at all of MO's charts, and see where he puts his lines and think to yourself where are traders sitting with a profit--from what area. Then that will be the zline.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Price wants to go up and it doesn't want to go down.

Price wants to go down and it doesn't want to go up.

It is like reading a picture book...

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:11 pm

blud72 wrote:
pierre23 wrote:

Hello all,

cheers

Hey there,

The DVD set is Steve Nison's Profiting in Forex. He sells it for $600 on his site but it isn't easy or obvious to find...not sure why. I bought my copy on ebay for around 200 dollars and for the cost of one little trade on the forex, I found that it was money well spent. You get 4 DVD's and an ebook that contains the slides. I ended up watching the DVD's on the widescreen and annotating the pdf with my tablet pc and it was thoroughly enjoyable. The commentary on what the candles are telling you is priceless and has kept me out of many bad trades. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

I have purchased Profiting with Jap. Candle Charts and Secrets to becoming a Samurai Trader by Steve Nison.

I think they are severely over priced even at 1/2 off (I bought the Ebay bootleg copies and received both for $180...thanks Nison for pointing them out on you site ;)

I found them to be of little value and if I could have received a refund I would have done so.

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Ok please correct me if I'm wrong. So once a zline is established we are then placing a limit order here waiting for this line to be wicked and price to reverse?

es/pip wrote:
marcromero wrote:
es/pip wrote:

IMHO

also go back and look at all of MO's charts, and see where he puts his lines and think to yourself where are traders sitting with a profit--from what area. Then that will be the zline.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”