Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:42 am

It's the same stuff just longer term BRO. :) You know that!
I like the stuff you are showing. I want to incorporate it with the observations and math stuff I have. Alot of the long term trades I dive into really revolve around a beefed up linear regression model (added 3 sigma stuff to it). I'll be posting more info on it soon. First got to get this tax stuff done now!! LOL

MightyOne wrote: Just when I was doing so good at the TRO Rehab Center for Long Term Traders you had to come here and taunt me with long term crack :wink:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:56 am

xmess7 wrote:It's the same stuff just longer term BRO. :) You know that!
I like the stuff you are showing. I want to incorporate it with the observations and math stuff I have. Alot of the long term trades I dive into really revolve around a beefed up linear regression model (added 3 sigma stuff to it). I'll be posting more info on it soon. First got to get this tax stuff done now!! LOL

MightyOne wrote: Just when I was doing so good at the TRO Rehab Center for Long Term Traders you had to come here and taunt me with long term crack :wink:

Can't wait to take a peek at what you are working on :shock:

PS: I edited my oops post just before TRO's last sexy DIBS post.

The template might be worth looking at :wink:

I still Have no idea what I am doing with SS-Gold on my charts...it LL come to me :oops:

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 am

Hey.

First of all with the timeframe I am using (in reality I was using the 4h) and based on the TRO/linear regression I determined that my stoploss for initial entry would be like -150 max. On the image I posted the most it went up was like -20 pips. The max on that candle was -66 pips from where I entered. Once I got into say 50 pips profit. I then placed a stop at break even. As price kept falling I then I incremented the stoploss by about 5 pips. So at one point I recall that I was like 180 pips in profit and my stoploss was set at +60pips. To answer your question I expand the stop as price goes into more profit. I closed the trade manually and that was after I had seen price rise 70 pips and then fall again in that last candle. But at that point lets say I had not bother to close and or changed my stoploss I would of been eventually been stopped out with +100pips.

The idea is not to be greedy. Even if I had gotten 5 pips and left 255 on the table (I've done that before) that would of been fine. As long as the market gives you something that's fine with me. Eventually the Market will provide opportunities for you.

BlowFish wrote:Hey Xmess,

Do you tighten your trailing stop as the move progresses? Just wondered why it didn't trigger at the bar before the cursor (3.00 bar I think) as price moved further against you there (and on the bars immediately after) than when you where finally stopped. Just interested in how you trail your stop to keep you in the big moves without giving back to much when they are short.

Cheers.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:35 am

xmess7 wrote:Hey.

First of all with the timeframe I am using (in reality I was using the 4h) and based on the TRO/linear regression I determined that my stoploss for initial entry would be like -150 max. On the image I posted the most it went up was like -20 pips. The max on that candle was -66 pips from where I entered. Once I got into say 50 pips profit. I then placed a stop at break even. As price kept falling I then I incremented the stoploss by about 5 pips. So at one point I recall that I was like 180 pips in profit and my stoploss was set at +70pips. To answer your question I expand the stop as price goes into more profit. I closed the trade manually and that was after I had seen price rise 70 pips and then fall again in that last candle. But at that point lets say I didn't bother taking a peak my stop loss was at +100pips.

The idea is not to be greedy. Even if I had gotten 5 pips and left 255 on the table (I've done that before) that would of been fine. As long as the market gives you something that's fine with me. Eventually the Market will provide opportunities for you.

BlowFish wrote:Hey Xmess,

Do you tighten your trailing stop as the move progresses? Just wondered why it didn't trigger at the bar before the cursor (3.00 bar I think) as price moved further against you there (and on the bars immediately after) than when you where finally stopped. Just interested in how you trail your stop to keep you in the big moves without giving back to much when they are short.

Cheers.

The only change I make when trading long term is waiting for price to draw near a 5m condensed ZL and then trading the 5m as normal.
As a long term trader I used 100 pips = 1% and as a day trader the same moves would double my account in a matter of days :lol:

Trust me when I say that I have used large stops (75-250) for forever and they are not the way to go.
Try using 2.5x or less as that is plenty of room for big pips.

"Once I got into say 50 pips profit. I then placed a stop at break even." -xmess7

Lol, and that is exactly how I get paid...

ImageImage

razorboy

position management question

Postby razorboy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Being new to this game, I have simply been placing a single "bet" (an amount equal to my entire risk amount if I stop out) when I enter a trade.

I have quickly learned, and had this confirmed by more experienced traders, that this is, well, wrong, as it leaves me no room to buy my winners and if I continue doing this, chances are I am looking at a long term break even situation.

How do you guys manage your positions - if I may be so bold to ask. I'm pretty confident in my approaching using support and resistance et al. Just trying to optimize

Thanks

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

prochargedmopar

The 09 indicators are still giving me trouble. The Dibs and Range EZP2 cannot be used on the same chart or they cover each other when changing timframes. That's not a biggie as i don't need to use them together.

Also My H1 HLstats2 numbers get "scrambled" when changing time frames. Meaning other #'s get left on top so you can't read the ones underneath.

The last thing is when I delete an 09 indicator the anchor window stays on chart unless I close it out and then re-open the template without it installed.

I'm using a Gateway 1.7ghz laptop with no other known problems.
Cheers.
Pro

Tried to recreate your problem....

Loaded TRO2009_MPMM_DIBS_TRADE.

Moved the anchor to where I wanted and turned the anchor and help OFF.

Loaded TRO2009_RANGE_EZ_P2.

Moved the anchor to where I wanted and turned the anchor and help OFF.

Changed time frames.

No problem.

-----------

I found the problem in TRO_HL_STATS2. Will send out updates this weekend.

-----------

You have to turn off the anchor BEFORE you delete the indicator because the anchor position is stored on the chart. If you reload the indicator, the chart "remembers" where the indicator was positioned.

Thanks for posting, Pro.

---------------------

I have attached a "tool" that I use: ObjectsDeleteAll.

Load this indicator on your chart and it will delete all of the objects.

Then either set the input to FALSE or delete the indicator . Your chart will refresh and any "stray" objects will have been removed.
Attachments
ObjectsDeleteAll.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:15 pm

TRUST YOUR INSTRUMENTS

One of the members of my chat room, CaptVRod, is a pilot. He can fly 757s.

I asked him if he uses any of his pilot training while trading. CaptVRod said that they teach you to TRUST YOUR INSTRUMENTS - ALWAYS!!

In the case of a trader, that means to trust your method/system/indicators.

What causes you to NOT trust your instruments? You start to THINK or FEEL because of what you see!!

So if you turn off the candles, bars or lines on your chart and have only indicators (flying in the dark or clouds), then you are trading by instruments.

Black No Bars template attached.
Attachments
!!!! black no bars.zip
(443 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times

deeforex

Re: MO CHART SETUP

Postby deeforex » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:16 pm

MO, I really enjoy reading your posts. I think I'm finally seeing what you mean by ZL. It's taken me a while to see it. Your annotated charts help immensely!

I could not locate the candles_m-Candles_m indicator. I tried a searching the forum with that name and also looking through the Motherlodes zips posted since September. Could someone let me know where to find it or if it's possible, to post it? TIA

MightyOne wrote:Made some adjustments and redesigned my Meta Template.

Ok, what you will need:

Candles m-Candles-M

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 pm

I posted the candles_m-Candles_m indicator in this thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:21 am

MORE INSIDE BAR INDICATORS.
Attachments
InsideBars.zip
(31.17 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”