Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:09 pm

kiwisteve wrote:Thanks TRO for the detailed explanation above re ECN vs FSB.

I just want to clarify the Order Types you use to ensure you buy at the bid and sell at the ask. I have found that if I want to enter Long with a Stop / Limit order, I can buy at the Bid (and Take Profit at the Bid) provided I set the stop method preference to "Trade Through", and converslely, if I want to enter Short with a Stop / Limit order, I can sell at the Bid (and Take Profit at the Bid) provided I set the stop method preference to "First Touch" (thereby eliminating the spread).

Just wondering if you adjust the "stop method" from Trade Through to First Touch depending on whether you are going long or short?

Thanks.
Kiwisteve

I just use limit orders.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Don:

You just won't LET GO.

YOU DO NOT PAY THE SPREAD WITH MB TRADING.

Until that sinks in, you will forever be STUCK!!

That's just that facts.

I am NOT going to sugar coat it.

You just don't get it.

I have given you all that you need to GET IT.

So, please refrain from posting until you get it. Just so you know, I am an ADMIN here so I can delete posts and ban people. It rarely happens. But that doesn't mean I won't.

Read it 10 times, 100 times, or 1000 times until you get it.

If you need to start another thread but don't clog up this thread with this topic. I hope have made myself clear.

Thanking you in advance for you cooperation.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

xmess7

Re: xmess

Postby xmess7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:29 am

4stroke wrote:Hi ,

couldn't catch sleep , so was reading here.
I was thinking of asking a serious question , and was surprised that you were thinking in the same direction.

Here is what kept me away from sleep :
You all know that the world is in a financial crisis.
Everybody has his own websites to get updated on this matter.
The pages i read , say that we are heading for a next "Weimar" ; that would mean that all paper money goes to waste.The only place to be would be gold bullion.What kills today economy, is easy credit , and OTC derivates with huge leverage.I really hope we never reach the above!
But in case we do: what will happen with forextrading?If paper money
gets worthless, what's the use of grabbing pips?
[shadow=red]
Please comment, this is very important !![/shadow]

4stroke. Great question! I am going to research that and find an answer. The only thing that comes to mind right now is Jessie Livermore and how he managed to get many points as the great depression loomed.

But in sincerity, you should only worry about what you are doing now. Like I said the question is great and is to be considered, but at the moment you need to concentrate on SEEING price and grabbing pips. Once you have attained a certain amount of $$$ then go ahead and buy gold if you are still concerned :).

Peace

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 pm

xmess7 wrote:Hey Sweet Pips, Like I mentioned over in Baby pips I don't have a problem with the 3 zz level semafor. I have it on 7 pairs and don't have a delay or anything.

Ok i think I may know the problem...the code is going as far back in history as possible to draw the objects...it needs to have a limit as to how far back it goes..."countedbars" kind of thing. My poor little laptop can't handle the load of trying to draw object over the depth of history I have available every time price ticks, on each chart.

Now I just have to figure out how ....:)

4stroke

Postby 4stroke » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 pm

xmess7 wrote:

I was thinking of asking a serious question , and was surprised that you were thinking in the same direction.

The pages i read , say that we are heading for a next "Weimar" ; that would mean that all paper money goes to waste.The only place to be would be gold bullion.What kills today economy, is easy credit , and OTC derivates with huge leverage.I really hope we never reach the above!
[shadow=red]

4stroke. Great question! I am going to research that and find an answer. The only thing that comes to mind right now is Jessie Livermore and how he managed to get many points as the great depression loomed.

But in sincerity, you should only worry about what you are doing now. Like I said the question is great and is to be considered, but at the moment you need to concentrate on SEEING price and grabbing pips. Once you have attained a certain amount of $$$ then go ahead and buy gold if you are still concerned :).

Peace

Maybe it's the most important question on this site at this moment !!
I hope that everything stays the same for us , but i'm afraid that problems are so severe that we won't escape from it.

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 am

TRO,

buy limit at ask, then closebuy/take profit with sell limit which will get hit by ask first. so no spread.

sell limit at bid, then closesell/take profit with buy limit which will get hit by bid first. so no spread.

is this it?

i was just trying to understand. i personally think it's important especially for scalpers to understand, since going for small number of pips. i just know you had talked about buying at bid and selling at ask. it looks now like you were talking about exiting trades when talking about this.

i probably won't post anymore, especially since i'm going with a longer-term strategy. hopefully the info will help somebody.

Don

TheRumpledOne wrote:Don:

You just won't LET GO.

YOU DO NOT PAY THE SPREAD WITH MB TRADING.

Until that sinks in, you will forever be STUCK!!

That's just that facts.

I am NOT going to sugar coat it.

You just don't get it.

I have given you all that you need to GET IT.

So, please refrain from posting until you get it. Just so you know, I am an ADMIN here so I can delete posts and ban people. It rarely happens. But that doesn't mean I won't.

Read it 10 times, 100 times, or 1000 times until you get it.

If you need to start another thread but don't clog up this thread with this topic. I hope have made myself clear.

Thanking you in advance for you cooperation.

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:56 am

Good start for me! I bumped up to the 15min...just for the heck of it LOL :D...set a pending sell stop order to trigger at 1.3549 which was a couple of pips below the open price, and H1 & D1 would also both be red at that point.

I set the t/p to 1.3517 which was a target line I have...a camarilla line. I didn't get a pic but as you can see in the history, it triggered and hit t/p for +32 pips. :)

So I tried another trade so I could get a pic this time.

Set a pending sell stop at 1.3520 which was 4 pips below the go short line of 1.3524 Both H1 & D1 red.

You can also see the up wave prior to that...the H1 was green then. Then red bar at 1.3533 was the start of the hour. When price went down from there, that's when h1 turns red, matching D1.

The order triggered right away. I had initially set the t/p for more, but since I was watching it, I closed once I saw it stalling around 1.3506 for +14 pips (I chickened out..LOL)

So now I'm up +46 pips :)
Attachments
eurusd081013_2a.JPG
eurusd081013_2a.JPG (117.8 KiB) Viewed 6523 times

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 am

Sweet Pip wrote:
xmess7 wrote:Hey Sweet Pips, Like I mentioned over in Baby pips I don't have a problem with the 3 zz level semafor. I have it on 7 pairs and don't have a delay or anything.

Ok i think I may know the problem...the code is going as far back in history as possible to draw the objects...it needs to have a limit as to how far back it goes..."countedbars" kind of thing. My poor little laptop can't handle the load of trying to draw object over the depth of history I have available every time price ticks, on each chart.

Now I just have to figure out how ....:)

Oh, come to think of it I think my laptop had the same problem. It's an older 2.8Ghz P4 with 1G RAM, and ATI radeon video card.
I tried using the indicator on it and it was kinda of slow. You are correct about the bar thingy. Once you refine that down to a lower number you may see some better response.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am

4stroke wrote:
xmess7 wrote:

[shadow=red]

Peace

Maybe it's the most important question on this site at this moment !!
I hope that everything stays the same for us , but i'm afraid that problems are so severe that we won't escape from it.

4Stroke:
Dude, does it really matter? What can we do about it? This is something that is beyond our control and we can't bother worrying about it. Now, if you can do some of things that some "experts" indicate. Pay all your debt. Start buying gold/silver. IF you can do that then you should be set when it happens.

So you "think" the problem is so severe that we won't escape it, perhaps. All I know is that problem or no problem I will survive and continue to grow in life.

I am sure you know of him but check him out again:
Napolean Hill. Go to youtube and check out one of his videos.

Your greatest gift id your mind! Take control of it and dream big. Your situation cannot change until you expand your mind... etc etc etc.

Being of Cath"aholic" the ideas he presents aren't to far fetched from what the great one was demonstrating when he was with us.

Peace
:)

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 am

Sweet Pip wrote:Good start for me! I bumped up to the 15min...just for the heck of it LOL :D...set a pending sell stop order to trigger at 1.3549 which was a couple of pips below the open price, and H1 & D1 would also both be red at that point.

I set the t/p to 1.3517 which was a target line I have...a camarilla line. I didn't get a pic but as you can see in the history, it triggered and hit t/p for +32 pips. :)

So I tried another trade so I could get a pic this time.

Set a pending sell stop at 1.3520 which was 4 pips below the go short line of 1.3524 Both H1 & D1 red.

You can also see the up wave prior to that...the H1 was green then. Then red bar at 1.3533 was the start of the hour. When price went down from there, that's when h1 turns red, matching D1.

The order triggered right away. I had initially set the t/p for more, but since I was watching it, I closed once I saw it stalling around 1.3506 for +14 pips (I chickened out..LOL)

So now I'm up +46 pips :)

OK OK, I lost 61% of my account just a while ago. Like I had mentioned earlier I had hit the wrong button. I was on my way to meet my target pips for the day, but alas I could not recoup.

I attempted to wait on the SELLS to fall since the TREND on the higher TFs was showing DOWN. But to no avail, I looked at the negative pips (-190 to be exact) and my account balance and said, it stops here, tomorrow will be another day! CLICK, and my account when down 61%.

But you know, I feel good, cause the error was on me not on the method we have learned. I SAW price moving and took the right moment to enter!!! The only thing is that I paid no attention to what I was doing when I hit the ENTER BUY (instead of SELL) to the GBPUSD. LOL.

If I recall my stats I think the odds are in my favor now. The next trade should be a real good one.

Having too much fun :)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”