Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:48 am

illuminatedMind wrote:Hi Xmess Nice to see your doing well with this strategy
So far sometime i do well sometime i lose just need to practice more.
Does this strategy work only for the m5?
Sometime when price is well above 130 line and theres is a 3, i go sell when it barely touch the line but then it goes straight up whats wrong?

Hey, be carefull with this beast, LOL. I recommend that once you get 5-10 pups get out!

When you see CCI go above 130 and a 3 on the chart that just means there is a potential price short. Just like sweet pips indicated you need to wait till CCI is sloping toward (going down) the 130 line. Once it crosses then start looking at the other indicators and price to make entry.

BTW I been messing with this setup and found that 170 level yeilds better results. As soon as I am done testing I will upload an EA. Aside from sending an alert it will also be configured to send an email or text message. I've done this before and it works pretty well. The EA sends you a text message and then you just move over the puter and wait only that amount of time needed to make an entry.

So far I have noticed that this setup happens on average 3-6 times per pair. I monitor 6 pairs and as you can imagine get many signals.

I just get 10 trades with 5-15 pips a pop.... that's my goal for each day.

More to come ... soon

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:56 am

Finally this topic is discussed where it should be discussed.

Greetings to all new and old. This is really the place where we al can make money until we can stop working and doing this fulltime.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 am

Sometime when price is well above 130 line and theres is a 3, i go sell when it barely touch the line but then it goes straight up whats wrong?

Oh, yeah, it should work on the h1, d1, wk, and even mn.

In the 5min timeperiod I have noticed that after you make an entry that many times it may head the other way as much as 13 pips this could translate to 110 pips on the D1 time period. So be aware of that.

First things first lets work the kinks out then we can try for the long term stuff..

BTW how did you make that entry where you indicated that you made 1000 pips in an hr. I saw the chart but what were your considerations, etc etc.

Thnx

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 pm

pierre23 wrote:Could someone please direct me to the TRO bias multi meter? I have the candle colour and heat multimeter, just looking for the bias

That one is a "donational" indicator.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

disbellj

Re: Response from MB

Postby disbellj » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Sweet Pip,

I'm using limit orders, and start in the red too often. Every once in a while I'll get into green very shortly after putting on the trade, but most of the time price seems to stall or retreat on me. I try to only get in when price is moving, but obviously I'm not doing a very good job.

No difference was mentioned between order types and having a spread. From my understanding (you can read MB's reply yourself to get interpretation for yourself), I must buy at ask and sell at bid no matter where I'm at or what I'm trading. It's just that I'm paying a commission for the privilege of having variable instead of fixed spreads (which I would rather have fixed from what I'm seeing), and MB says that they don't trade against us like would happen with a regular broker. Since I'm mostly trading EUR/USD, then 2 pips can be had from too many brokers to put up with a 5 pip spread and then paying commission on top of that. Just don't seem right.

Don

Sweet Pip wrote:
disbellj wrote:Reply from MB:

You are not paying for spread, but as with most trades you do have to make up the spread before you make a profit. Stocks, options, and futures all work in a similar way."

Hi,
So with either broker, you always start in the negative when using "market" orders.

The FX Board on MBT Navigator shows red & green lines for each pair ...I thought it meant if price is up or down but instead it means this:

...a color-coded spread meter for easy identification of the spreads (green indicates 0-2 pips, yellow is 2-4 pips, red 4+ pips ? depending on the currency pair.)...

...and it blinks alot so spreads are changing every second or so it seems.

But if using order level II "limit" orders, from what I understand you set your price in advance to trigger your order, and if it gets filled, you shouldn't start in the negative...I'm still playing with it but havn't had much time in the last couple of weeks to test this out.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:03 pm

This is not showing off. This is what happens if you increase your pipvalue.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Don:

Until you accept the fact that you are NOT paying a spread AND a commission at MBT, you'll never understand.

You have been BRAINWASHED into thinking you are paying a spread.

Trading on an ECN vs. trading with a Fixed Spread Broker is comparing apples to oranges when it comes to how they work.

I have listed detailed examples of why you should trade with an ECN instead of a FSB. You need to read it until the lightbulb goes off.. or you can choose to believe fiction rather than fact.

illuminatedMind

Postby illuminatedMind » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:14 pm

xmess7 wrote:

Oh, yeah, it should work on the h1, d1, wk, and even mn.

In the 5min timeperiod I have noticed that after you make an entry that many times it may head the other way as much as 13 pips this could translate to 110 pips on the D1 time period. So be aware of that.

First things first lets work the kinks out then we can try for the long term stuff..

BTW how did you make that entry where you indicated that you made 1000 pips in an hr. I saw the chart but what were your considerations, etc etc.

Thnx

I dont know, i was pretty confident 100% it would go up but i still dont know how and why, i am still trying to figure it out, on a demo account this time lol
I Only exist for those who seek me...

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:50 pm

TRO:

If I could see what you're saying is fact (see it for myself, and understand it), then I would believe it.

If I Buy at the Ask and Sell at the Bid, there is no difference which broker I'm at, is there? If I Buy at 1.0000 (Ask) and sell at 1.0010 (Bid), that's 10 pips gain, no matter which broker I'm with. Correct?

Am I wrong on this? If so, then why does MB basically tell me this same thing? They say "You are not paying for spread, but as with most trades YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE UP THE SPREAD BEFORE YOU MAKE A PROFIT." How is this different than paying spread? I don't understand.

Whether I'm "paying spread" or not, I must "make up the spread" trading at either broker. Again, how is it different? Like I've said before, it takes 12 pips movement to gain 10 pips at either broker (not counting commissions).

I don't consider I am CHOOSING "to believe fiction rather than fact". I haven't had a satisfactory answer as to the practical difference. If I could buy at bid and sell at bid, THEN I could see a difference. But if I buy, I buy at the ask, which is higher than the bid, yet have to sell at the bid. The spread (or difference between what I must buy at and sell at, ask vs bid) is NOT my imagination. It does exist on MB as well as others, as MB pointed out.

At this point, it sounds like fancy meaningless semantics practically. I have NOT been brainwashed! It's simple MATH! Can you tell me where my MATH is wrong?!

MB Navigator:
Buy at Ask 1.0000
Sell at Bid 1.0010
Profit: 10 pips

Others:
Buy at Ask 1.0000
Sell at Bid 1.0010
Profit: 10 pips

Same thing, or am I missing something? And coming back with "if you don't take it as fact but would rather be brainwashed...", that is still no satisfactory answer, because it STILL doesn't respond to or answer the points I've made multiple times now myself.

Is there anybody else here that can see what I'm saying? I guess I'd like proof I'm not paying a spread. On FXDD MT4, it doesn't say "spread" in subtractions, because it is included in Ask and Bid. Same as I see on MBT.

And frankly, I don't appreciate being told I must believe something that has not been proven to be any different from other brokers, trying to make me feel like I'm NOT GETTING THIS on purpose. Mathematically prove it to me, like I have tried to mathematically show the way I see it, please.

Don

TheRumpledOne wrote:Don:

Until you accept the fact that you are NOT paying a spread AND a commission at MBT, you'll never understand.

You have been BRAINWASHED into thinking you are paying a spread.

Trading on an ECN vs. trading with a Fixed Spread Broker is comparing apples to oranges when it comes to how they work.

I have listed detailed examples of why you should trade with an ECN instead of a FSB. You need to read it until the lightbulb goes off.. or you can choose to believe fiction rather than fact.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Don:

On an ECN you can sell at the ASK and BUY at the BID. You can NOT do that with a fixed spread broker (FSB).

Of course, someone has to take you up on your offer BEFORE the trade executes but you can NOT do that with a FSB.

It's that simple. You proved it in your own example. With an ECN you don't pay the spread, you make 10 pips and pay a commission. With the FSB you pay the spread. Your ERROR is in thinking you are paying the spread on the ECN, too.

If you trade on an ECN, then you ONLY pay the commission NO MATTER WHAT THE SPREAD IS.

SEE ATTACHED.
Attachments
ECNvsFSB.txt
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 563 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”