Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

flipin_around

Postby flipin_around » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks for sharing xmess7 i guess uncluttering a chart allows you to pay closer attention to what the market really wants to do.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:00 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
xmess7 wrote:TRO this is real weird. I can actually SEE stuff as it is happening and make a choice based on that. At first not using any indicators was hard. But now I turn on MT4 and right away I can SEE when to or not to take the trade. LOL I'm becoming lazy. LOL It's a little hasle to click on the indicator and active it LOL...

What STUFF do you see?

STUFF --> Price as it moves. Price at is stalls. PRice as it accelerates.
It's like seeing a running back and you can tell when it is a running play.
You know he's getting the ball and going to go thru the offensive line. You can also tell that the defense is tired or useless. It's something like that.. I can't explain it persay cause every situation is totally different.

Like one of today's trades. This was right after I had closed the first trade of the day. I immediately saw the H1 candle jutting out and I could see that everything was set for Price to go UP. Price had continuously fallen in a sluggish manner since yesterday. I also noticed that huge wick on 0800 hour that. That told me that the buyers had one successful shove at changing price. After several hours the sellers could not keep going down. So it was open for the buyers to take it away. And so they did.

Weird... I figure that if I ever fall out of this zone I will just go back to the basics. Follow the Hour candle and/or wait for a Buzzard sighting etc.

Kewl stuff MR TRO..

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:07 am

I do have a daily pip goal. But I just saw the opportunity and took it.
Since I Was already ahead I expanded my mental stop loss to -30pips.
As you saw I made some mistakes... kept getting in late and hitting wrong buttons LOL. The stay in the trade all depends on what is happening with price at the moment. A stall... or acceleration are the things I try to see.
If I get a good break and price takes of.. then it is trailing stop time. I expand the trailing stop as price reaches higher ground. That gives price room to move without me losing in the trade. I know I leave alot of PIPS but I would like to reach that 700+ run one more time. :) If I do that then I am done for like a week and a half LOL.

flipin_around wrote:
xmess7 wrote:TRO this is real weird. I can actually SEE stuff as it is happening and make a choice based on that. At first not using any indicators was hard. But now I turn on MT4 and right away I can SEE when to or not to take the trade. LOL I'm becoming lazy. LOL It's a little hasle to click on the indicator and active it LOL...

OH WOW H1 CHART WITH NO INDICATORS OR LINES
you can see a trend by training your eyes? WOW!

how long do you stay? dou you hav a pip goal, or till you fill the momentum
shift

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:13 am

At first it was hard to do it. I don't recall who did it before.. I think it was cfabian or razorboy. Someone placed a trade with no indicators. It kinda open my eyes because they had placed like a with indicator image (using the TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR) and another image without. Side be side I could see how all that indicator stuff was visible.
Now it's more like.... a habit. Turn on MT4 look at chart. Make some observations and make a decision. Sometimes when I'm in a trade and I don't even look at the chart. I just look at the numbers as they change. You can tell if price is stalling or moving on just by seeing how the numbers oscillate.

flipin_around wrote:Thanks for sharing xmess7 i guess uncluttering a chart allows you to pay closer attention to what the market really wants to do.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:47 am

much thanks. I have the collection, I just didnt have the energy to sort through them to find it

flipin_around wrote:
razorboy wrote:what is the name of the plug in that charts the open prices and changes in the different cities...

TRO_OpenDiff

From TRO's Donational

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:51 am

sort of the anti-thesis of the buyzone I would say.........
TheRumpledOne wrote:
razorboy wrote:would you hold a position for a month?

Perhaps...

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 am

I still cant get MT up and running on WINE with Ubuntu.....

xmess7 wrote:OH, I want to mention this. On two open trades WINDBLOZE took a dump, lucky I was ahead when that happened. Went to LINUX and problem solved.
I Will ad that to my list of do not trade:
1. If using windblows DO NOT TRADE

LOL
:)

msforex

Postby msforex » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:40 pm

razorboy wrote:That zero sum result was exactly what I was referring to

with out the knowldege of knowing where to put your sl's and tp, it is kinda like this quote from the movie better off dead

Charles De Mar: [giving skiing instructions] Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Attached is a small EA which implemented the "logic" of the Buzzard Reverse (or whatever it is called). Play around with stoploss and takeprofit or even better let the optimizer run: use whatever settings you want - you will always lose!

And, if you are still not convinced set the expert parameter "Random" to true so the EA will use an Random Order-Trigger instead of the "Reverse Logic". Can you SEE any difference?

So this thread should be better named "Never win again"... this is a zero-sum pure gambling - same as if you open an order randomly. YOU will always lose - only the ONE "selling" the indicators will make a certain profit!!! :shock:

TRO - no hard feelings: You seem to have quite substantial trading and programming skills - why don't you use them to write some really profitable EA or indicators instead of wasting our time with this crap? It has been PROVEN that this is possible! http://championship.mql4.com/

Can you DO it????
Attachments
GoldReverse.mq4
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:10 pm

is the ea programmed to take the first reversal entry after a 3 hour trend or does it just take every reversal opportunity.

If you just take every reversal opportunity, then yes, it is at best a zero sum game. If you actually look at previous price trend, much different story.

I can't program EA but I have played both ways - taking every entry I see regardless of the previous 3 hour trend and then using the previous 3 hour trend to determine if I should take a trade. My entries were based off of TRO's dynamic Fib Lines and the buy and sell signals they generate.

There is a huge difference in the success ratio of you only enter a reversal trade at the end of a 3 hour (or more ) trend. There is almost always a profit opportunity.

I have taken enough statistics course to know what you are getting at and agree with you if you take every trade. If you swing at every pitch, you are going to strike out a lot - with a lot of home runs (and a lot of commissions). I've done the numbers myself on a spreadsheet for over 3000 minutes for various currency pairs and yes over all, you will fail

If you are more discriminating, you get a lot of singles and doubles. But unless you have programmed you EA to include TRO's logic - not just his entry and exit points based on price reversal, yes, you will lose - but you are only using half of his rules - its like driving a car that randomly, without any warnings, loses its brakes or its reverse gear - good luck with that.

But I would rather you think that this doesn't work....so keep with that thought

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:21 pm

The major issue with the automated trading championship is that there is no real money. It's an artificial environment
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

Return to “TheRumpledOne”