Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 pm

disbellj wrote:Well, I made 18% on my account yesterday and lost more than double that today. I am so depressed I can't even think straight. Why in the hell did I let that last trade go against me so MUCH!?!?! Just venting, no need to reply.

Don

Sorry, replying anyways...LOL

I don't usually set a s/l and even when I do , it's quite far away anyways in case of a pc or internet outage. If I'm in a trade that I see price "zigzaggin" further and further away from my entry, then I'll wait till it retraces back up/dn as close as possible before I accept a loss.

So when it's say at 50 pips away and then comes back near my entry, but then zips aways again, I'll wait a little longer for a second attempt for it to come back, and then close it, but now the loss is only 10 or 15 pips instead of the 50.

For what it's worth if anything...:)
Last edited by Sweet Pip on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

nutz505

Postby nutz505 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 pm

Don,

I am going through the learning process of the system as well. I am starting small with it. This morning (EDT) I was up 20 pips already which is my current target for the day. But I got greedy and I thought I would take some more from the market. Well it took the 20 pips back I already had and a little more with the commissions. But I am continuing to trade currently am back up to 10 pips for the day

The key is to not give up you need to keep going and take small steps it does work

Rich

illuminatedMind

Postby illuminatedMind » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 pm

i share your pain im so desperate too just lost alots, soon i will be out of money if i keep losing like that and this is my only hope to get out of my miserable life...
maybe i might just let the trade goes for a few day without touching it
I Only exist for those who seek me...

johng3100

Postby johng3100 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 pm

illuminatedMind wrote:i share your pain im so desperate too just lost alots, soon i will be out of money if i keep losing like that and this is my only hope to get out of my miserable life...
maybe i might just let the trade goes for a few day without touching it
hi..

Its painful to see your situation.. let me just encourage you that you can and will succeed but.... if you run out of money before that happens your toast..so.. why not demo while your learning this system or at the very most trade a small micro account.. desperation usually causes impatience and that is something you need right now..patience..

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:33 am

That's a dangerous game Sweet Pip. I played today and lost. I played other days and it was cool, and the trade came back into profit. Then my emotions got kicked in, and to top it off, I had placed an order that didn't look like it was going to be taken, and so placed another order further up. Then price went down, opened both orders (so double leverage), and I watched and held it the whole way down looking at that green h1 and d1 most of the way. Had I quickly zoomed out on the chart to see what was happening, I would have seen this was the beginning of a huge retrace - the retrace was due. But I held on until it was too late. Loss of 40% in one day. Had a drink tonight. I need to either cut losses like I;m cutting the throat of an enemy, and keep winning trades like a shield protecting me from continuing in a life of having to fight for the rest of my life - to one day win the war. But I must take one bit at a time. Quick. I'm seeing what TRO means when he says war. I either succeed, or I don't know how I'm going to continue to pay my bills with my dead end - but at least I got a job - job. I over-leveraged, kept holding losers, and paid the price. Now it'll take me at least 3-5 good days like yesterday (with lower leverage), to get back to where I was this morning. Let my failures be a lesson to us all (especially scalpers, who MUST be quick to act and cut losers).

I hope to finally learn this. I hope I have.

Don

Sweet Pip wrote:
disbellj wrote:Well, I made 18% on my account yesterday and lost more than double that today. I am so depressed I can't even think straight. Why in the hell did I let that last trade go against me so MUCH!?!?! Just venting, no need to reply.

Don

I don't usually set a s/l and even when I do , it's quite far away anyways in case of a pc or internet outage. If I'm in a trade that I see price "zigzaggin" further and further away from my entry, then I'll wait till it retraces back up/dn as close as possible before I accept a loss.

So when it's say at 50 pips away and then comes back near my entry, but then zips aways again, I'll wait a little longer for a second attempt for it to come back, and then close it, but now the loss is only 10 or 15 pips instead of the 50.

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am

Hi TRO
Question about the 3 level semafor...is that a good companion for the sr_rr? Fxscalper on 2% club commented: "i like the idea of a "3" printing. wait for that bar to close. then wait for the next bar to also close in the direction u want to trade, and then enter with stop above high/low of day....if you are going to get a sr_rr trade most likely there will be a 3 right above or below it."...but he wasn't sure if he understood correctly. He also wanted to know what period you use for the semafor.
It's not always about getting what you want...it's wanting what you've got!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:20 am

disbellj wrote:That's a dangerous game Sweet Pip. I played today and lost. I played other days and it was cool, and the trade came back into profit. Then my emotions got kicked in, and to top it off, I had placed an order that didn't look like it was going to be taken, and so placed another order further up. Then price went down, opened both orders (so double leverage), and I watched and held it the whole way down looking at that green h1 and d1 most of the way. Had I quickly zoomed out on the chart to see what was happening, I would have seen this was the beginning of a huge retrace - the retrace was due. But I held on until it was too late. Loss of 40% in one day. Had a drink tonight. I need to either cut losses like I;m cutting the throat of an enemy, and keep winning trades like a shield protecting me from continuing in a life of having to fight for the rest of my life - to one day win the war. But I must take one bit at a time. Quick. I'm seeing what TRO means when he says war. I either succeed, or I don't know how I'm going to continue to pay my bills with my dead end - but at least I got a job - job. I over-leveraged, kept holding losers, and paid the price. Now it'll take me at least 3-5 good days like yesterday (with lower leverage), to get back to where I was this morning. Let my failures be a lesson to us all (especially scalpers, who MUST be quick to act and cut losers).

I hope to finally learn this. I hope I have.

Don

Sweet Pip wrote:

Don

Indeed trading is like a war. You need to cut of your losses, pull back your platoon as quick as you can. It is not difficult.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 am

Platform is back ok, still losing on eurjpy.
I was in at 137.29. That is on vertical green line.

I did a hedging sell trade on the first red candle after my buy that i could not close. Doubled my money to cover my losses.

Damn could not close that trade to.

When platform was ok my hedging was closed by my broker at 15 pips (10euro value) but i had pushed the button at 136.26 (in at 137.19)

This way i could have closed with profit but my platform thaught different.

I still have the buy open

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:32 am

Ok done for today

I managed to cover losses with winst doing hedging trading. I'm done for a while, maybe this afternoon. To much emotions involved.

Took my loss from sell in at 137.29 and out at 136.12 (117pip/5euro)
Hedging that cover everything in at 136.27 (sell) out at 135.85 (42 pip/10euro)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm

You can use the FREE TRO PERIOD DATA indicator twice on your chart.

Once for the H1 candle and once for the D1 candle.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”