Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

ptejerina

Postby ptejerina » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:32 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:See the PRICE LINE?

LOOK TO THE LEFT...

DO YOU SEE THE PRICE LINE AT PREVIOUS HIGHS AND/OR LOWS? What's that tell you?

Price is rising from the previous low, which is the lowest in 14 years, and is very near to a previous low in 2005. Also price is in the lower middle of the chart.
Cheers,

Pablo.

"If you spend more than 13 minutes analyzing economic and market forecasts, you've wasted 10 minutes."
- Peter Lynch

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

ptejerina

AUDUSD

Postby ptejerina » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 pm

OK, buzzard reverse on AUDUSD, 10 pips in the pocket!

Cheers,

Pablo.

"If you spend more than 13 minutes analyzing economic and market forecasts, you've wasted 10 minutes."

- Peter Lynch

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:53 pm

Pablo:

How hard was that?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 am

Jess, what are you using for remote access to your computer? LogMeIn? Well done on the pips - but you let it go over night without a stop loss? =o

I've done that on demo accounts, some have been great and made a bunch of pips, but one actually wiped a $9000 demo out in one hit lol!

Even if I have an idea where price is going, I wouldn't let it go overnight without a stoploss - JUST in case it turns on me and there goes the account.. but thats just me lol

Tro, I just realised too, with the BuyZone indicator - if the entry trigger value is 4, then the profit target must be 14 to take a 10pip profit. Not to say you'd not put a 10pip TP after entering at the 4pip trigger - it's just visual if anything.

EUR/USD 3R in a row - next candle green, as I'm writing this the high for the hour is 6pip profit while entering at the BZ.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:24 am

Pierre,

With the Buy Zone you take what you can get. The TP = 6.

I'm not sure where you got the idea the TP = 10.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:46 am

Pierre:
Yes, logmein.com is the service and it is free. But I think I am going to change to VNC. I prefer LINUX. Linux has never crashed on me, not even on a rinky server (300MHx P4) that has been running for like 8 years. Windows on the other hand sends me to the blue screen of death. I know the reason and someday I will deal with the DLLs that are causing this.

Pierre I followed the same exact rules when I tried at the higher time frame. ( I expanded some things)
- I waited for price to reach one of the psych levels.
- Waited to see which direction (red or green candle)
- looked to see that H4 average range was > 70 pips.
- Look to see that H4 candles were not side to side.
- made my mental stop loss at around 150 pips.
- in this case didn't pay attention to spread (figured that enuf pips would be made). However I did pay attention to the overnite interest. I made sure I got in after the day was just done.. not right before. Consequently I was charged no overnite interest. I did get up and check from time to time but price never got below -110 pips so I was within my mental stop loss. I woke up and voala it crossed the lines just as I had seen on the H1 timeframe. Same thing as before. I also saw that it had down as much as +200pips. I was real tempted to place like a 70 pip trailing stop. To see how much further it went but naw... I got my opportunity and pocked the pips +120pips. I"ll post the chart. My Windbloze machine is still down.

Xm7

pierre23 wrote:Jess, what are you using for remote access to your computer? LogMeIn? Well done on the pips - but you let it go over night without a stop loss? =o

I've done that on demo accounts, some have been great and made a bunch of pips, but one actually wiped a $9000 demo out in one hit lol!

Even if I have an idea where price is going, I wouldn't let it go overnight without a stoploss - JUST in case it turns on me and there goes the account.. but thats just me lol

Tro, I just realised too, with the BuyZone indicator - if the entry trigger value is 4, then the profit target must be 14 to take a 10pip profit. Not to say you'd not put a 10pip TP after entering at the 4pip trigger - it's just visual if anything.

EUR/USD 3R in a row - next candle green, as I'm writing this the high for the hour is 6pip profit while entering at the BZ.

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 am

Ah.. I see, I must have missunderstood.. I thought tp 10. Guess you meant 10 from opening price. Entry = 4 from opening price and 6 tp

Thanks for clearing that up. Although, I see no reason why 10 TP should be a problem. Like you said, it's just a matter of taking what you can get

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:33 am

xmess7 wrote:Pierre:
Yes, logmein.com is the service and it is free. But I think I am going to change to VNC. I prefer LINUX. Linux has never crashed on me, not even on a rinky server (300MHx P4) that has been running for like 8 years. Windows on the other hand sends me to the blue screen of death. I know the reason and someday I will deal with the DLLs that are causing this.

Pierre I followed the same exact rules when I tried at the higher time frame. ( I expanded some things)
- I waited for price to reach one of the psych levels.
- Waited to see which direction (red or green candle)
- looked to see that H4 average range was > 70 pips.
- Look to see that H4 candles were not side to side.
- made my mental stop loss at around 150 pips.
- in this case didn't pay attention to spread (figured that enuf pips would be made). However I did pay attention to the overnite interest. I made sure I got in after the day was just done.. not right before. Consequently I was charged no overnite interest. I did get up and check from time to time but price never got below -110 pips so I was within my mental stop loss. I woke up and voala it crossed the lines just as I had seen on the H1 timeframe. Same thing as before. I also saw that it had down as much as +200pips. I was real tempted to place like a 70 pip trailing stop. To see how much further it went but naw... I got my opportunity and pocked the pips +120pips. I"ll post the chart. My Windbloze machine is still down.

Xm7

pierre23 wrote:Jess, what are you using for remote access to your computer? LogMeIn? Well done on the pips - but you let it go over night without a stop loss? =o

Oh ok, I'm on windows, so if I find I need to use remote access I'll probably go with logmein. I understand that you implement the same stuff but on a higher timeframe, with a mental stoploss. But what if you woke up to -250 pips, would you get out of the trade as soon as you saw that? And would you consider that just bad luck? I just find it, personally, risky to not have a stoploss in place if your not watching it yourself, because it could go anywhere and take a chunk if not all of your account.

But it seems you're doing well, so who am I to critisize the way you trade :D I just don't want to see you lose some massive amount because you had no actual sl in place (for those longer term/overnight trades).

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 am

pierre23 wrote:I just don't want to see you lose some massive amount because you had no actual sl in place (for those longer term/overnight trades).

No problem Pierre. I've lost before like everyone else :)
-250 would of been ok too and yes I would of closed it immediately. One thing I have learned. CLOSE THE LOSER NOW! Plus, remember I am using Dragon's money management, I can afford to be out -200pips and still be in the race with my account balance. So -250 would of been pushing it.

I am going to wait and try another one soon.

BTW on top of the overnite no stop loss I used no indicators on the chart LOL.
I just imagined the horizontal and buy zone lines plus saw some other things.
check it out :)

libyanballa

Hello Hello

Postby libyanballa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:55 am

hey everybody, looks like your all doing good! Tro, i have a few quick questions for you...is buzzard all your trading now??? and do you have any idea where i can find an mt4 indicator that will alert me when a specific pairs spread is at a certain spread? say i want to get alerted when eurgbp is at 2pips for example....

happy trading to all

Return to “TheRumpledOne”