Mr. Hyde becomes a scalper

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Mr. Hyde becomes a scalper

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:28 pm

So i know this might sound like a simple concept, but instead of using reversal patterns for reversing a trend why not use them to reverse a pullback. Here was a easy 2B pattern i believe it is called. Price closes past the extreme. Price closes back under it. Sell the bar that broke restance. Aim for previous low. Almost easy 2 RR.

8jorlOBs (1).png
8jorlOBs (1).png (47.71 KiB) Viewed 5571 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:So i know this might sound like a simple concept, but instead of using reversal patterns for reversing a trend why not use them to reverse a pullback. Here was a easy 2B pattern i believe it is called. Price closes past the extreme. Price closes back under it. Sell the bar that broke restance. Aim for previous low. Almost easy 2 RR.

8jorlOBs (1).png

Or if you think that price is not likely to go to 4195 you can just start selling at 85, layering orders and treating them each as a separate trade.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm

IgazI wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:So i know this might sound like a simple concept, but instead of using reversal patterns for reversing a trend why not use them to reverse a pullback. Here was a easy 2B pattern i believe it is called. Price closes past the extreme. Price closes back under it. Sell the bar that broke restance. Aim for previous low. Almost easy 2 RR.

8jorlOBs (1).png

Or if you think that price is not likely to go to 4195 you can just start selling at 85, layering orders and treating them each as a separate trade.

Im pretty sure the answer will be it depends. But how far apart would you place the orders and 1 stop above the pivot or just a static X amount of ticks?

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:50 pm

I had already got in on the retest of the break. But another idea could be look for a trendline break and if it forms a double top/bottom go in with an aggressive entry and add on the break of the pivot. Could be a big play while scalping.

SyVlLaC8.png
SyVlLaC8.png (68.65 KiB) Viewed 5568 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Im curious if anyone has ever noticed if certain markets are just better for scalping. I know Lem you love the Dax, but always warn people its a beast. Alais Ive seen you posting EU charts for years taking trades off the 5 min. Ive grown pretty accustomed to the ES (cfd). But was just curious. Someone was just sayng Nas100 was good for trend trading so figured I would ask the fam if they had any preference. Thank guys.

It's probably a personal evaluation of one's self.

Lol I wanted to sound like a neo guru for a minute.

I really think its a preference/mental thing. If you believe you are doing well on a certain pair and you spend more time with it you learn it.

EU is my first real scalping pair. I traded it with ESPiP when he was around. I typically looked at 5,15,30, and 60 minute charts

I also traded EU during brexit with one position built over 24 hours and made 130ish %

Other pairs/vehicles can be similar but each has its own quirks. The way the contacts are put together and the players in the market give it different character.

Oh ya NASDAQ is a beast. I have scalped it for 20%+ days. Its fast and can fry your brain depending on your method and how many decision you make per minute.

To many methods out there to make cash not 1 way is the best.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Im curious if anyone has ever noticed if certain markets are just better for scalping. I know Lem you love the Dax, but always warn people its a beast. Alais Ive seen you posting EU charts for years taking trades off the 5 min. Ive grown pretty accustomed to the ES (cfd). But was just curious. Someone was just sayng Nas100 was good for trend trading so figured I would ask the fam if they had any preference. Thank guys.

It's probably a personal evaluation of one's self.

Lol I wanted to sound like a neo guru for a minute.

I really think its a preference/mental thing. If you believe you are doing well on a certain pair and you spend more time with it you learn it.

EU is my first real scalping pair. I traded it with ESPiP when he was around. I typically looked at 5,15,30, and 60 minute charts

I also traded EU during brexit with one position built over 24 hours and made 130ish %

Other pairs/vehicles can be similar but each has its own quirks. The way the contacts are put together and the players in the market give it different character.

Oh ya NASDAQ is a beast. I have scalped it for 20%+ days. Its fast and can fry your brain depending on your method and how many decision you make per minute.

To many methods out there to make cash not 1 way is the best.

I appreciate the answer. The line about the markets having different character was exactly why I asked. I figured the vast amount of expierence and knowledge in this place there would be some good perspectives.

Didnt you also double your account on FOMC day or some other fundie? But thats crazy. I might have to look at the NAS, cuz i pulled up a DAX chart real quick and i didnt see anything that i would feel confident trading. Huge swings both ways, no heads up. Im sure if you catch one swing a day your set. But i like the way the ES moves so far. Even trading a 3m chart i dont feel rushed and can see the set ups developing. Plus the potential gains i have been looking at lately have been insane. Thanks again for replying. It is 100% appreciated.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
IgazI wrote:

8jorlOBs (1).png

Im pretty sure the answer will be it depends. But how far apart would you place the orders and 1 stop above the pivot or just a static X amount of ticks?

See Brian Watt if you want to learn more about fading rotations.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:42 pm

IgazI wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
IgazI wrote:

See Brian Watt if you want to learn more about fading rotations.

Thanks. ill have to take a look sometime.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 pm

Yep, absolutely. For sure, The DAX has always been my baby go-to but over the last few months, it's behaviour had changed and I was finding it less predictable. Yes, it can be wild and bite like a salty but it was always still predictable if you had spent the time studying it properly - predictably unpredictable - sounds weird, I know but true.

It has recently begun to come back to that way of moving and I have now begun to get involved again - so we shall see.

In the interim, as you guys know, I used EA alongside Dead Horse and that morphed into a scalping pair as well, using my Kijun-sen entry method - eventually morphing them both together.

I also have fallen in love with the NAS100. It is so damned predictable - there's that word again - as it repeats the same moves over-and-over-and-over again every day near enough. I tend to use the UK100 in the am and NAS100 in the arvo, UK time, for obvious reasons. These are worked with the Kijun-sen + Dead Horse combo.

I also will use EG with the moves off the 20 ema on a 70-tick or 1-min chart. Double-Doji and break from contraction entries. Anything up to 5-min works well.

There is also a spike-rejection method I use off the 89 ema for the same pairs.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:22 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Yep, absolutely. For sure, The DAX has always been my baby go-to but over the last few months, it's behaviour had changed and I was finding it less predictable. Yes, it can be wild and bite like a salty but it was always still predictable if you had spent the time studying it properly - predictably unpredictable - sounds weird, I know but true.

It has recently begun to come back to that way of moving and I have now begun to get involved again - so we shall see.

In the interim, as you guys know, I used EA alongside Dead Horse and that morphed into a scalping pair as well, using my Kijun-sen entry method - eventually morphing them both together.

I also have fallen in love with the NAS100. It is so damned predictable - there's that word again - as it repeats the same moves over-and-over-and-over again every day near enough. I tend to use the UK100 in the am and NAS100 in the arvo, UK time, for obvious reasons. These are worked with the Kijun-sen + Dead Horse combo.

I also will use EG with the moves off the 20 ema on a 70-tick or 1-min chart. Double-Doji and break from contraction entries. Anything up to 5-min works well.

There is also a spike-rejection method I use off the 89 ema for the same pairs.

Thats what I love about this site. Ask a question and you get a bunch of real traders to answer you. Kreslik really spoils us.

I do recall you playing EA quite a bit last summer. And I do recall EA's sibling EN use to love picking one direction in London and making some big moves. I use to trade the 5m with donchain channels and play in the direction of the higher time. I was able to capture 80 to 100 pips with a 20 pip sl. Will have to look at both again.

I'll definitely have to start watching NQ in the background now. To many traders saying good things about it.

I've always hated EG. It's honestly probably one of the worst performing pairs I trade. Cuz of thst I almost never trade it. With the exception of the beauty head and shoulder pattern on the weekly earlier in the year.

Do you post about the spike rejection method in your thread? I'd be curious as I love playing spikes/wicks. Thanks again.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”