Mr. Hyde becomes a scalper

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Mr. Hyde becomes a scalper

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:This is a tough one. Part of me feels like i would have/should have taken this supply zone trade. But did the price action that has played out today cause me not to take it. If i did take it where would i have targeted? 50% retace? Bottom demand zone? Also am i letting my current long bias play in to it? Lets see how it plays out.

hPCEnzzP.png

Here's how I'm seeing it on the 5-min...

.US500.M5forinfo17thjune2021crop.png

My Bias would probably be that we are in a pullback on a Sell move. Hardly convincing in either direction though, tbh.

.US500.M5withS+Dadded17thJune2021crop.png

Thanks for this post Lem. Sometimes I forget that as traders we don't always know where price is going and that's ok.

What's up with the turncoat resistance and possible support indy? Is it a new supply demand indy or did you just rename it?

Turncoat Resistance/Support (which, as the name suggests) is a level that will likely flip from one form to the other and the other noted levels come via a combo of two indicators that I like to overlay into one.

They are from the old Insanity Industries and someone called Andrew Sumner. I haven't renamed anything.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:17 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Here's how I'm seeing it on the 5-min...

.US500.M5forinfo17thjune2021crop.png

My Bias would probably be that we are in a pullback on a Sell move. Hardly convincing in either direction though, tbh.

.US500.M5withS+Dadded17thJune2021crop.png

Thanks for this post Lem. Sometimes I forget that as traders we don't always know where price is going and that's ok.

What's up with the turncoat resistance and possible support indy? Is it a new supply demand indy or did you just rename it?

Turncoat Resistance/Support (which, as the name suggests) is a level that will likely flip from one form to the other and the other noted levels come via a combo of two indicators that I like to overlay into one.

They are from the old Insanity Industries and someone called Andrew Sumner. I haven't renamed anything.

Ah. Nice

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Got in at 110.70. Stop above 111. Took 1/3 profit at 110. Holding the rest. Lets see how it plays out.

NQUNdAxH.png
NQUNdAxH.png (92.56 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Something that has caught my eye. Price seems to like to form a tight range then run stops on both ends then continue in one direction. Its something that has been in the back of my mind but havent really looked into yet. But i def see the potential.

You're right. USTech {and DAX to a certain extent} are notorious for this. Can really be played to your advantage though.

Ill have to take a look. It is just something that has caught my eye one to many times to be ignored anymore. Especially if it gives birth to a nice move like i think it does. and if i can time it with a entry in a SD zone. Im betting it pays off handsomely.

There it is again.
mpysSRF2 (1).png
mpysSRF2 (1).png (123.28 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Im curious if anyone has ever noticed if certain markets are just better for scalping. I know Lem you love the Dax, but always warn people its a beast. Alais Ive seen you posting EU charts for years taking trades off the 5 min. Ive grown pretty accustomed to the ES (cfd). But was just curious. Someone was just sayng Nas100 was good for trend trading so figured I would ask the fam if they had any preference. Thank guys.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:If it wasnt friday this def would have been taken. But its cool.

xZYyduBN.png

Well not only did that trade work. It presented another one and a possible add on at the break of the double top. Damn. But didnt take um. Feel like this was a freak friday. But not sure. Dont normally pay attention to Fridays.

K53wGK0j.png
K53wGK0j.png (51.67 KiB) Viewed 2406 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Im curious if anyone has ever noticed if certain markets are just better for scalping. I know Lem you love the Dax, but always warn people its a beast. Alais Ive seen you posting EU charts for years taking trades off the 5 min. Ive grown pretty accustomed to the ES (cfd). But was just curious. Someone was just sayng Nas100 was good for trend trading so figured I would ask the fam if they had any preference. Thank guys.

The problem with the NQ is that 8 stocks hold most of the weight, so if anything goes terribly wrong then it will make a market crash in the ES look like hang-gliding.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:45 pm

IgazI wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Im curious if anyone has ever noticed if certain markets are just better for scalping. I know Lem you love the Dax, but always warn people its a beast. Alais Ive seen you posting EU charts for years taking trades off the 5 min. Ive grown pretty accustomed to the ES (cfd). But was just curious. Someone was just sayng Nas100 was good for trend trading so figured I would ask the fam if they had any preference. Thank guys.

The problem with the NQ is that 8 stocks hold most of the weight, so if anything goes terribly wrong then it will make a market crash in the ES look like hang-gliding.

Hum. That didnt even really cross my mind. I guess when FANG was all the rage and just going up, then yeah NQ would have been easy to catch a trend up and just ride it. Thanks man.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:04 pm

And honesetly between EU, GU and ES there is almost always a beautiful trade everyday. Just being greedy.

6IjNShO9.png
6IjNShO9.png (72.05 KiB) Viewed 2395 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:15 pm

This project has been very eye opening. It almost feels like learning to trade for the first time. Constantly reviewing my trades and even looking at other traders charts to see what they are looking at and then looking at my own charts has been extremely helpful. Constantly seeing the same thing over and over is making me more confident in adding on. This is very important to me.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”