free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Mr. D's Humble Quest in the Wick Land

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Basic Zlines: trading in the direction of candle two
Using confluences can also help!

Love your trades aliassmith. Mind me asking what you use as a stop loss.

It depends on ATR and market structure.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:32 am

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Basic Zlines: trading in the direction of candle two
Using confluences can also help!

Love your trades aliassmith. Mind me asking what you use as a stop loss.

It depends on ATR and market structure.

Thanks

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:42 am

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Mr. Hyde,

Looking over your posts, a question came up. On the first graph, do you remember why you entered on the 1st trade? The other two seem to be momo trades. What about the 1st one?

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. D wrote:
Good to know because that's exactly what I am trying to do and post in this thread. If you can share feedback, that would be great!

When you write about "super basic price actions setups" which ones do you have in mind?

This chart on the ES today is literally 99.9%. !st trade is a zline. 2nd trade is a pole trade (my favorite trade after zlines). You measure the move into the congestion which looks like a flag or rectangle. Then that give you your target. 3rd trade is just breaking S/R and retesting it. Depending on if price makes my final TP I should make 30-40 points today or about 20% give or take. there was also a flag on UC that Im into. Plus a few other trades. Should be a good day.

US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png

I'll post some other charts to that show the rest of my favorite trade setups. They literally have all happened within the last week or so.

You can see the pole on the UC worked out nicely. I also included the 4hr chart so you could see my longer term reason to be in it. Its a topic that Dragon mentions. A high/low failure. Pretty much you have a candle make a high with a wick and then the following candles can't close beyond that high. So then I look for a candlestick pattern to get in and look for a zline to target. Also I will throw fibs on and see if there is any confluence with S/R that may cause price to bounce. Super basic and super easy.

USDCADH4.pngmar13highfailure.png
USDCADH1.pngmar13pole.png

These past post are literally 90% of my trading. The one trade setup I haven't thrown up yet is a 123/TTE (traders tick entry). There are 2 perfect examples, one on the 4hr chart of AU and one on the 4hr of AJ. Im in both of them.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Is something similar developing on gold?
Attachments
[XAUUSD,H4].png
[XAUUSD,H4].png (175.38 KiB) Viewed 4144 times

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:09 am

'Morning!

An update on gold. It went down and bounced off 40MA, which is also Fib 62.
Attachments
[XAUUSD,H4].png
[XAUUSD,H4].png (236.5 KiB) Viewed 4110 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:55 am

Mr. D wrote:Mr. Hyde,

Looking over your posts, a question came up. On the first graph, do you remember why you entered on the 1st trade? The other two seem to be momo trades. What about the 1st one?

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
This chart on the ES today is literally 99.9%. !st trade is a zline. 2nd trade is a pole trade (my favorite trade after zlines). You measure the move into the congestion which looks like a flag or rectangle. Then that give you your target. 3rd trade is just breaking S/R and retesting it. Depending on if price makes my final TP I should make 30-40 points today or about 20% give or take. there was also a flag on UC that Im into. Plus a few other trades. Should be a good day.

US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png

I'll post some other charts to that show the rest of my favorite trade setups. They literally have all happened within the last week or so.

You can see the pole on the UC worked out nicely. I also included the 4hr chart so you could see my longer term reason to be in it. Its a topic that Dragon mentions. A high/low failure. Pretty much you have a candle make a high with a wick and then the following candles can't close beyond that high. So then I look for a candlestick pattern to get in and look for a zline to target. Also I will throw fibs on and see if there is any confluence with S/R that may cause price to bounce. Super basic and super easy.

USDCADH4.pngmar13highfailure.png
USDCADH1.pngmar13pole.png

These past post are literally 90% of my trading. The one trade setup I haven't thrown up yet is a 123/TTE (traders tick entry). There are 2 perfect examples, one on the 4hr chart of AU and one on the 4hr of AJ. Im in both of them.

The first trade long? It was just a zline trade. Not something I would have a newbie trade as it technically didn't close past a pivot. Put fit perfectly in my rules of trading.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:31 am

Have you seen a setup like this,

viewtopic.php?p=77050#p77050

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am

Mr. D wrote:Have you seen a setup like this,

Market bottom rotation trading.

In my simple image-driven mind, I call it (in that case) a flat top rising squeeze.

I will pm you. There is a pdf available on this stuff, which has highly technical reasoning and logic behind it, including wedge squeeze, supply takeout, parabolic crash / rally and short squeeze.

That's like stepping back in time for me, as that is how I learned to trade back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:52 am

Thanks, Lem! This is somewhat similar to the price returning to "W" reversal. Never thought of the "perfect resistance in front of a strong trend" as another sign.

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. D wrote:Have you seen a setup like this,

Market bottom rotation trading.

In my simple image-driven mind, I call it (in that case) a flat top rising squeeze.

I will pm you. There is a pdf available on this stuff, which has highly technical reasoning and logic behind it, including wedge squeeze, supply takeout, parabolic crash / rally and short squeeze.

That's like stepping back in time for me, as that is how I learned to trade back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”