Mr. D's Humble Quest in the Wick Land

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Mr. D's Humble Quest in the Wick Land

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 pm

[quote="aliassmith"]When people come across Zlines most of the time they are asking what is it.
Well the picture attached shows the basic Zline.
By definition a Zline is made of 2 candles.
Candle one's body is half the size of candle two's body.
Candle two breaks out of candle one.

Now there you have it. :mrgreen:

Using the basic Zline you can go look for them and study when and where they occur.
How about at other Zlines of a higher timeframe?
How about at other supply and demand areas?
How about trend lines?
How about Fib lines?[
/quote]

I think there is also a lightbulb moment when a trader first realises that they don't need to wait for price to retrace back to the line before getting in on any bounce - but that they can trade on the way to the Z-Line!

This is in effect how pros trade S+D, the trade they are in on is the move as price goes to the zone, not back out of it.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:When people come across Zlines most of the time they are asking what is it.

Using the basic Zline you can go look for them and study when and where they occur.
How about trend lines?
How about Fib lines?[
/quote]

I think there is also a lightbulb moment when a trader first realises that they don't need to wait for price to retrace back to the line before getting in on any bounce - but that they can trade on the way to the Z-Line!

This is in effect how pros trade S+D, the trade they are in on is the move as price goes to the zone, not back out of it.

I'm not sure where that was discussed. I think it was in the NLA thread, trading from and to zlines.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:When people come across Zlines most of the time they are asking what is it.

How about trend lines?
How about Fib lines?[
/quote]

I'm not sure where that was discussed. I think it was in the NLA thread, trading from and to zlines.

Wasn't that the real orgin of the zline. We were to trade to the zline to zero out traders profit. Then some how it became a place to place trades and trade from.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Wasn't that the real orgin of the zline. We were to trade to the zline to zero out traders profit. Then some how it became a place to place trades and trade from.

I think originally MO was using buzzard trades and such to trade with the goal of "taking" other trader's profits. Then the zline was created to show how he was a post momentum trader because candle two was suppose to be momo and he wanted to trade in the direction of recent momo.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 am

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I think originally MO was using buzzard trades and such to trade with the goal of "taking" other trader's profits. Then the zline was created to show how he was a post momentum trader because candle two was suppose to be momo and he wanted to trade in the direction of recent momo.

That's the second time recently I've heard the buzzard trade mentioned - what exactly is this?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

That's the second time recently I've heard the buzzard trade mentioned - what exactly is this?

Right, I just searched the term, so will read up on it myself and stop being such a lazy s*** :)

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Right, I just searched the term, so will read up on it myself and stop being such a lazy s*** :)

I think it was MO's 3-2-1 "pattern". Feel free to post here references to whatever helpful posts you find.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 am

Thank you. It would be helpful to read more about 123/TTE. Will look forward to your examples.

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. D wrote:
Good to know because that's exactly what I am trying to do and post in this thread. If you can share feedback, that would be great!

When you write about "super basic price actions setups" which ones do you have in mind?

This chart on the ES today is literally 99.9%. !st trade is a zline. 2nd trade is a pole trade (my favorite trade after zlines). You measure the move into the congestion which looks like a flag or rectangle. Then that give you your target. 3rd trade is just breaking S/R and retesting it. Depending on if price makes my final TP I should make 30-40 points today or about 20% give or take. there was also a flag on UC that Im into. Plus a few other trades. Should be a good day.

US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png

I'll post some other charts to that show the rest of my favorite trade setups. They literally have all happened within the last week or so.

You can see the pole on the UC worked out nicely. I also included the 4hr chart so you could see my longer term reason to be in it. Its a topic that Dragon mentions. A high/low failure. Pretty much you have a candle make a high with a wick and then the following candles can't close beyond that high. So then I look for a candlestick pattern to get in and look for a zline to target. Also I will throw fibs on and see if there is any confluence with S/R that may cause price to bounce. Super basic and super easy.

USDCADH4.pngmar13highfailure.png
USDCADH1.pngmar13pole.png

These past post are literally 90% of my trading. The one trade setup I haven't thrown up yet is a 123/TTE (traders tick entry). There are 2 perfect examples, one on the 4hr chart of AU and one on the 4hr of AJ. Im in both of them.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Good day!

With all the talk about Z-lines, curious when do you know that z-line trade failed? At the top of the momo? If there are other signs, what are they?

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Mr. D wrote:Thank you. It would be helpful to read more about 123/TTE. Will look forward to your examples.

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
This chart on the ES today is literally 99.9%. !st trade is a zline. 2nd trade is a pole trade (my favorite trade after zlines). You measure the move into the congestion which looks like a flag or rectangle. Then that give you your target. 3rd trade is just breaking S/R and retesting it. Depending on if price makes my final TP I should make 30-40 points today or about 20% give or take. there was also a flag on UC that Im into. Plus a few other trades. Should be a good day.

US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png

I'll post some other charts to that show the rest of my favorite trade setups. They literally have all happened within the last week or so.

You can see the pole on the UC worked out nicely. I also included the 4hr chart so you could see my longer term reason to be in it. Its a topic that Dragon mentions. A high/low failure. Pretty much you have a candle make a high with a wick and then the following candles can't close beyond that high. So then I look for a candlestick pattern to get in and look for a zline to target. Also I will throw fibs on and see if there is any confluence with S/R that may cause price to bounce. Super basic and super easy.

USDCADH4.pngmar13highfailure.png
USDCADH1.pngmar13pole.png

These past post are literally 90% of my trading. The one trade setup I haven't thrown up yet is a 123/TTE (traders tick entry). There are 2 perfect examples, one on the 4hr chart of AU and one on the 4hr of AJ. Im in both of them.

Here is a perfect example of 123, with a traders tick entry. The entry is just the low or high of the 3rd bar of the pullback. Quick 25 pips.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.png123.png
GBPUSDM15.png123.png (44.94 KiB) Viewed 4214 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”