Mr. D's Humble Quest in the Wick Land

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Mr. D's Humble Quest in the Wick Land

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Mr. D wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I'm still all about the zlines. 3 trades with 1 loss in there.
2nd attempt to post this. #-o

Beautiful trades. Averaged 3 to 1 RR. Gotta love and respect that when your trading off the 5 min. And during all this Brexit craziness. Zlines all day.

Just wanted to say "Welcome!" The MIghtyOne was of the high opinion of you. Currently, I am reviewing his posts here. Surely, your contributions would be quite helpful.

Reviewing MO's post and then observing how the vets on here applied his idea's is the single best thing a trader can do in my opinion. 99% of my trading is zlines and super basic price actions setups. Find a idea that you can trade day in and out and then master it with as much live chart time you can put in. Observe, make notes and make money. Good luck. Feel free to ask me anything.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. D wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Beautiful trades. Averaged 3 to 1 RR. Gotta love and respect that when your trading off the 5 min. And during all this Brexit craziness. Zlines all day.

Just wanted to say "Welcome!" The MIghtyOne was of the high opinion of you. Currently, I am reviewing his posts here. Surely, your contributions would be quite helpful.

Reviewing MO's post and then observing how the vets on here applied his idea's is the single best thing a trader can do in my opinion. 99% of my trading is zlines and super basic price actions setups. Find a idea that you can trade day in and out and then master it with as much live chart time you can put in. Observe, make notes and make money. Good luck. Feel free to ask me anything.

Good to know because that's exactly what I am trying to do and post in this thread. If you can share feedback, that would be great!

When you write about "super basic price actions setups" which ones do you have in mind?

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Mr. D wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. D wrote:

Good to know because that's exactly what I am trying to do and post in this thread. If you can share feedback, that would be great!

When you write about "super basic price actions setups" which ones do you have in mind?

This chart on the ES today is literally 99.9%. !st trade is a zline. 2nd trade is a pole trade (my favorite trade after zlines). You measure the move into the congestion which looks like a flag or rectangle. Then that give you your target. 3rd trade is just breaking S/R and retesting it. Depending on if price makes my final TP I should make 30-40 points today or about 20% give or take. there was also a flag on UC that Im into. Plus a few other trades. Should be a good day.

US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png
US500IndexM15.pngmar13.png (46.63 KiB) Viewed 2346 times

I'll post some other charts to that show the rest of my favorite trade setups. They literally have all happened within the last week or so.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

When the Brexit vote was going on I made great returns also. If it is moving you have a chance to make some $$. Zlines and zeroing out profit are great clues for supply and demand levels.

I bet you did. I only caught a part of that up move on Monday, but caught the move down yesterday. Plus I trade the GA and that was just insane. Almost a 1,000 pips between the 2 since last week.

G/A has not been on my radar. It looks nice so I added it to my list. Has great range!
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:11 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
When the Brexit vote was going on I made great returns also. If it is moving you have a chance to make some $$. Zlines and zeroing out profit are great clues for supply and demand levels.

I bet you did. I only caught a part of that up move on Monday, but caught the move down yesterday. Plus I trade the GA and that was just insane. Almost a 1,000 pips between the 2 since last week.

G/A has not been on my radar. It looks nice so I added it to my list. Has great range!

I bet you could pull some crazy pips out of it.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Here is a setup that V8 named the double hook/zline trade, after MO's teachings. You look for price to make a nice double hook with momo both times. Then you look for it to make a zline going the other way and then trade it all the way back down to where the move started from. I think the first time V8 noticed this was on GU in Oct 2015. I think I have the pic saved some where and will post it if I find it so you can see it.

EURAUDH1.pngmar7.png
EURAUDH1.pngmar7.png (50.56 KiB) Viewed 2331 times

Also Mr. D, just to get my point across about learning from the vets. Since Alaismith is posting in here I'll use him as an example. I literally have dozens and dozens saved pages from his threads just on my phone alone. And I'll read them whenever I get bored. Its always a good refresher and sometimes, something that didn't make sense makes sense the 100th time you read it.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Another fav is retest of a double bottom or top. If it holds they normally start a nice new trend and you can ride it for a good amount of pips.
Attachments
US500IndexM15.pngmar8DB.png
US500IndexM15.pngmar8DB.png (36.48 KiB) Viewed 2327 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Last one so I don't clutter your thread up. But this shows how to combine when price is at an important extreme high or low, plus using the MACD. Also shows confluence with daily zline and fibs. I love catching the top or bottom of a move.
Attachments
GBPUSDDaily.pngmacd.png
GBPUSDDaily.pngmacd.png (44.69 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:36 pm

Found the other double hook trade.
Attachments
double hook reversal.png
double hook reversal.png (27.21 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

I bet you could pull some crazy pips out of it.

So G/U moves 70% of what G/A does and G/A is worth about 70% of G/U. It's a trade-off.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”