MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

franck

Postby franck » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 am

it is interesting how different people perceived differently :) Lets see if my simple building blocks gathered may be helpful for those who are at lost.

1) All bars has a range. Open to close, = x pips and starts at the open. how long does one take to make a decision to trade to enter a bar? Are u in the beginning or at the end of the bar? when do u think is the best time to decide? Must the time bar always start at 00:00 hour?

2) All bars has wicks! ie correction. yes, all time frame. Do the pip measurement and the number tells me the market can be vicious killing 95% of trader out there. Can one survive the correction before the close of the next bar?

Using 1) and 2), asked -> where is the best entry price one can get? Answer : the best entry is at the wick ;) 2nd best entry? at the open. Anything else, one gonna be SWIFT. Where is the best exit? Looks like the best exit is at the other wick, before the formation of the next bar's new wick against the position.

3) All bars has color. green bar tells me it is going up. red bar, down. The 1st green or the 1st red bar? IMO it is the best bar to look at. Just look at 2 bars, but in ALL the time frame - but focus on one TARGET bar to drain.

4) How? Manage small time frame, and target big time frame. This being the most important, since ALL profit OR loss starts from M1 (ie minute 1). See the loss, and see the profit. The innovation comes in putting up the blocks to achieve the target.

i am just re-quoting what has been said, and nothing new. all credits go to MO/TRO. i think MO has been kind building up part of the blocks too, on top of giving away the blocks.

all things being different but one thing remains - ALL of us will get ill, old and leave the earth one day. No stress.
* anyOne can be prOfitable tradING ANY line. see it?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:39 pm

dojirock wrote:Mighty One,

Thank you for all your insight over the past 14 months. I feel I am starting to see it but happen to be a one of those points of confusion. Attached is my chart that I currently use and have been using Blubbs custom candle as a indicator.

I am in a long position only because of the semaphor. I should be aiming for the 2nd target in a short correct? I think I am mixing two different trading methods?

3rd.... the last two candle sticks range, just to be clear would be a high and a low/2 and then divided by 6 for the fib lines? I have been doing that on the daily chart with another currency. My question is do the fib levels from the daily chart go on the daily chart or should I use the daily fib lines on a lower time frame?

I hope my chart shows up.

Wow, I feel a little lost. I keep reading your post. Its gold. I keep reading about an ebook that you put together, is it available?

Thank you Mighty One, TRO, ES/PIP and DRagon....

The Cash Zone is based on the weekly chart. If there is no momo then price will often hit the first target and if there is momo then you would be more apt to trade to the second target.

When I say "target" most of you probably think of setting a TP and that is that.
I just trade as usual and if I reach target 1 and there is no momo on the weekly chart then I realize that holding/looking for more long trades is likely to be futile.

It is more of a tool to help make certain decision than it is a target.

The range will usually expand this far <---> under these market conditions, what does this mean to me?

-I do not use last two in range calculations as I find averages to be frustrating; often yielding numbers that are too high or low.

-Just like the Cash Zone, I prefer to use the median range of the last three candles as an average.

-SIX is projected from daily+ extremes.

You should liquidate into opportunity and buy misfortune :evil: :) :evil:

franck

Postby franck » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am

it all started when MO says the 3 most important things about MARKET are 1. correction , 2. range and maybe 3. color (i don't remember where the thread was). it starts from understand what the market can do to u - they are vicious and merciless. Only then one sees the need of the tool he shared.

All in all, IMO the BEST tool (amongst all the golden tools) he shared was his m5 technique to exit a position since all PROFIT or LOSS starts from m1.

More on color. When the price open eg. X timeframe bar at 00 : 00 hour. I know it will have a range of eg. Y pips at the close. At the beginning of the bar, i must have a decision. if the price is going to close green, there is only ONE way the price is going to reach there after X time that is by having more smaller green bars. If price is going to close RED after X time, there is only ONE way price to be red ie by having more small red bars. There is NO other way. Does one need to pay $X for a special indicators? 1/3 bar and 1/3 time tools are very useful. Why? Look inside a bar, what does it do most of the time?

What does H1 green bar tells u? yes, price is going up last one hour - do u want long or short?
What does H1 green and H4 green tell u? yes, price is going up last 1 & 4 hours - do u want long or short?
What does H1 green, H4 green and W1 green tell u? yes, price has gone up last x, y, z time. do u want to long or short?
What does H1 green, H4 red, W1 green tell u? Just because i added in a red bar and u are confused? or because the color is free and u haven't made the donation yet?

When do you DECIDE? or What are you waiting for!? If NOT the 1st green or red rat the best place to make your decision, WHERE/WHEN else?

Statistics describe a market, but never tells one HOW to get there. It tells me a potential. Example : There is a dangerous traffic light at a junction with X% accident. This stats doesn't teach me how to cross that junction. One may ask what if we do a stats on HOW to cross the street. Can i just SEE and cross?

About MO bar (unable to describe it fully as its involve multiple time frame)

1) What does it function as? 1) Depending on the style of your trading, MO bar tells the direction, or color (esp for those color blind - just teasing, don't stress) of a bar tool PLUS a range. Why NOT post momentum analysis, since market spend 2/3 of the time resting.

2) How it can be used it? i think i am using it subconsciously out of necessity since price spend 2/3 time resting. I do not do any measurement, but just seeing. MO bar like 3LZZ semafors tells when price starts to move -> watch. i do counting the bars with MO bar ie it the 1st bar or the later.

a) Higher timeframe MO bar (esp. if it is the 1st bar) give me the sense of direction = opportunity. Higher timeframe overrides all other contextual tools of smaller timeframe. i hv to be very careful and swift with smaller timeframe MO bar.

b) Smaller timeframe MO maybe to ride into higher time frame bar (when all the stars and moon are aligned or hugging on MO). There is no wrong to trade when the stars are not aligned but becareful and swift

c) MO bar, esp a long one (extreme range) and not the 1st color bar -> is a good place to look for exit at the extreme, since i do not want a ride over the correction.

i am going to get a lawyer letter if i opened and dissected up too much MO-Pad apps (someone opened up the i-Pad a few weeks ago). Warranty is voided.

Thanks to MO/TRO apps. Nothing new, but just repeating what has been said. See the needs, and see the usefulness of all the tools. They are all the same! Price is the same no matter how one look at it. The more i think about it -

1) it is ALL about trading a LINE = HOW?
2) Look at ONE bar, yes only ONE and where and when do u draw the line = SYSTEM? Don't let anyone tell u that entry is not important.

With the simple building blocks, put in some "life" into the chart (action and reaction, fear and greed, missing trades, elimination of profits etc). Why? Because EVERYONE is using it! Afterall, we are all human beings and predictable to a certain degree. That is where i look for the real edge.

No stress.

i am only a student.
i am one ordinary man out of the billions that is walking on the street.
Last edited by franck on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 am, edited 8 times in total.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 am

franck wrote:it all started when MO says the 3 most important things about MARKET are 1. correction , 2. range and maybe 3. color (i don't remember where the thread was). it starts from understand what the market can do to u - they are vicious and merciless ;) then only one sees the need of the tool he shared.

All in all, IMO the BEST tool (amongst all the golden tools) he shared was his m5 technique to exit a position since all PROFIT or LOSS starts from m1.

More on color. When the price open eg. X timeframe bar at 00 : 00 hour. I know it will have a range of eg. Y pips at the close. At the beginning of the bar, i must have a decision. if the price is going to close green, there is only ONE way the price is going to reach there after X time that is by having more smaller green bars. If price is going to close RED after X time, there is only ONE way price to be red ie by having more small red bars. There is NO other way. Does one need to pay $X for a special indicators? 1/3 bar and 1/3 time tools are very useful. Why? Look inside a bar, what does it do most of the time?

What does H1 green bar tells u? yes, price is going up last one hour - do u want long or short?

What does H1 green and H4 green tell u? yes, price is going up last 1 & 4 hours - do u want long or short?

What does H1 green, H4 green and W1 green tell u? yes, price has gone up last x, y, z time. do u want to long or short?

What does H1 green, H4 red, W1 green tell u? Just because i added in a red bar and u are confused? ;)

Statistics describe a market, but never tells one HOW to get there. It tells me a potential. Example : There is a dangerous traffic light at a junction with X% accident. This stats doesn't teach me how to cross that junction. One may ask what if we do a stats on HOW to cross the street. Can i just SEE and cross?

Reverse engineer MO bar :)

1) What does it function as? 1) Depending on the style of your trading, MO bar tells the direction, or color (esp for those color blind - just teasing, don't stress) of a bar tool PLUS a range. Why NOT post momentum analysis, since market spend 2/3 of the time resting.

2) How it can be used it? i think i am using it subconsciously out of necessity since price spend 2/3 time resting. I do not do any measurement, but just seeing. MO bar like 3LZZ semafors tells when price starts to move -> watch. i do counting the bars with MO bar ie it the 1st bar or the later.

a) Higher timeframe MO bar (esp. if it is the 1st bar) give me the sense of direction = opportunity. Higher timeframe overrides all other contextual tools of smaller timeframe. i hv to be very careful and swift with smaller timeframe MO bar.

b) Smaller timeframe MO maybe to ride into higher time frame bar (when all the stars and moon are aligned or hugging on MO). There is no wrong to trade when the stars are not aligned but becareful and swift

c) MO bar, esp a long one (extreme range) and not the 1st color bar -> is a good place to look for exit at the extreme, since i do not want a ride over the correction.

i am going to get a lawyer letter if i opened and dissected up too much MO-Pad apps (someone opened up the i-Pad a few weeks ago). :)

Thanks to MO/TRO apps. Nothing new, but just repeating what has been said :) See the needs, and see the usefulness of all the tools. They are all the same! Price is the same.

With the simple building blocks, put in some "life" into the chart. Why? Because EVERYONE is using it! Afterall, we are all human beings and predictable to a certain degree. That is where i look for the real edge.

No stress.

Please do explain this:

For some reason I do not recall those teachings and you say they are the most important. Please refresh.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

franck

Postby franck » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:54 am

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... start=1490

1634 : M5 close against a position. The pages are around the link above.
The way one's account get to survive the market's viciousness.

No stress.

franck

Postby franck » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 am

Think about 2 bars, only TWO. Simple MOMO.

Example :

big bar, then very small bar -> What is it telling me? Price moved X time and then come to rest X time. On a REST, where can it go? 3 options : rest, up or down.

very small bar, then big bar -> What is it telling me? Price rest x time and started moving x time. On a MOVE, where can it go? 2 options : continue up or come to rest. If it reverses, then that is a surprise to me, which is an opportunity too.

medium then very big - Price has moved medium X time and bigger X time. Is it time for a rest? It is still moving. I need to do some counting. 1-2-3 etc.

Adjust the bar size ie very small, small, medium, big, very big - What is it telling me? Then add in COLORs (luckily there are only red or green) ;) What is it telling me? I know u are confused.

It is easier to FEEL it esp when it comes to look at all timeframes and because i am not a good computer programmer. However, i can do count the bars. No stress.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Franck,

Are you referring to this post?

MightyOne wrote:I just focus on making 25 trades in a row without a loss and then focus on my next set.

I trade toward some goal greater than the hourly like a 4H or D1 ZL and keep a close eye on H1 ZL's that I can use for getting a really good price or avoid getting screwed over.

I almost always try and demand a better price (5M) to enter in the direction I wish to trade.
If a candle closes and I am sitting with a loss then I know to ask for an even better price on the next trade.
If 2 candles close and I have been sitting with a loss since the first then I am just looking to exit at the best price.

Hopefully if candle 1 was a bear candle then candle 2 is a bull candle and I exit. If not then look for candle 3 to pull back in my favor and if that does not work then I will exit.
Keep in mind that this is a 5m chart and I am asking for a better price to begin with so usually when candle 2 closes to further kick my ass I am down ~8-12 pips with a 20 pip mental and 40 SL.

So:

1: know where you are heading
2: demand a better price to enter in that direction
3: Shift your attn to the best price to exit when a candle closes against you.

Do the above and take as many pips out as the market will give you and you will do just fine.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:42 pm

franck wrote:Think about 2 bars, only TWO. Simple MOMO.

Example :

big bar, then very small bar -> What is it telling me? Price moved X time and then come to rest X time. On a REST, where can it go? 3 options : rest, up or down.

very small bar, then big bar -> What is it telling me? Price rest x time and started moving x time. On a MOVE, where can it go? 2 options : continue up or come to rest. If it reverses, then that is a surprise to me, which is an opportunity too.

medium then very big - Price has moved medium X time and bigger X time. Is it time for a rest? It is still moving. I need to do some counting. 1-2-3 etc.

Adjust the bar size ie very small, small, medium, big, very big - What is it telling me? Then add in COLORs (luckily there are only red or green) ;) What is it telling me? I know u are confused.

It is easier to FEEL it esp when it comes to look at all timeframes and because i am not a good computer programmer. However, i can do count the bars. No stress.

Lets just say re-reading 20 or so of those pages has been an extreme blast from the past.
I recommend it to anyone having trouble.

The one thing I notice now though is that no matter How GREAT your understanding of price movement.....a lot of people (including me ) were not just having trouble with knowing how price moves.........but the many psychological issues that get in the way of execution of ones understanding.

The market is what market does. no more/no less.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Humble

Postby Humble » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 am

newark could you post the link to that post if you have it handy?
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

franck

Postby franck » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 am

Human likes precision. It becomes messy when somethings become not measurable, like love.

Here, the mathematical MO.

Recap 1) Color = direction 2) Range = MOMO and direction.

Example :

a) 20 pips in 1 hour - What does it tell u? Feel it.
b) 40 pips in 1 hour - What does it tell u? Feel it.
c) 100 pips in 1 hour - What does it tell u? Feel it.

Which one is a better choice after knowing color? Are you with the color, if not i gonna be swift.

X pips/m5 follow by 2X/m5 vs 2X/m5 follow by X/m5 - which is better?
Y pips/H1, follow by 2X/H1 vs 2X/H1 follow by X/H1 - which is better?

The former is telling price is moving. The later is telling is resting. Do that for 2 bars but on ALL timeframe (does it have to be conventional m5, m15 h1 etc, or do we have the choice of H1, H2, H3, H4, H5).

Where do u make your decision? When do u make your decision?
Where = wick. When = 1st MOMO/1st color.

All colors starts with M1. All MOMO starts with M1. All zline starts with M1.
How long does one wait? Wait for confirmation?

Wick ie correction is an interesting place. The place for elimination of profits. The place for lots of surprises. if only price moves in straight line, ...

Return to “TheRumpledOne”