MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 am

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Sitting in front of a computer for 14 hours a day is not play time PRO.

Hi Mighty One,
How much time do you spend on the computer when you actively trade? I ask because it looks like you mostly trade off of the 4hr charts. Do you set price alerts near your ZL's & Mighty Zones, return to your computer when the alerts are activated and then Set It and Forget It??
Or do you use limit orders that automatically set your stop loss when triggered??

I spend just about all day and all night within sight of a monitor.

I do not trade off of 4H charts E-V-E-R-!

I trade days, weeks, months, and years.

I do not have a stop loss, just a maximum weekly loss.

I do not use Mighty Zone or the Zero Lines within.

MO,

My love story with forex started with my first experience with a forex mentor called Martin, a good guy I believe selling his own charting software which in the end I didn't take to. Here's his story ... he went bankrupted trading forex and got thrown onto the streets with a young wife and 2 young kids, no food, no money, his life and more importantly, the lives of family were in his hands. He was in a world of serious hurt but to cut it short, he worked hard to build his tattered belief system up, started trading again and eventually discovered truths about the markets that eventually made him very successful. Now retired, immigrated to NZ, bought some land, built his castle and living the way he wants.

That's my first experience with trading and after I heard his story, I found it inspiring and today this is the thing that keeps me in the game no matter what losses I incur.

I would dearly love to hear your story MO of you and how you are made up. We all know you to be a unreal trader but I only can see you through a technical sense if you see what I mean. I just find these personal insights more inspirational than just looking at boring charts here and there. No problem if you won't or can't as you have done more than enough for us. :)

Pete

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 am

pablo101 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

Hi Mighty One,
How much time do you spend on the computer when you actively trade? I ask because it looks like you mostly trade off of the 4hr charts. Do you set price alerts near your ZL's & Mighty Zones, return to your computer when the alerts are activated and then Set It and Forget It??
Or do you use limit orders that automatically set your stop loss when triggered??

MO,

My love story with forex started with my first experience with a forex mentor called Martin, a good guy I believe selling his own charting software which in the end I didn't take to. Here's his story ... he went bankrupted trading forex and got thrown onto the streets with a young wife and 2 young kids, no food, no money, his life and more importantly, the lives of family were in his hands. He was in a world of serious hurt but to cut it short, he worked hard to build his tattered belief system up, started trading again and eventually discovered truths about the markets that eventually made him very successful. Now retired, immigrated to NZ, bought some land, built his castle and living the way he wants.

That's my first experience with trading and after I heard his story, I found it inspiring and today this is the thing that keeps me in the game no matter what losses I incur.

I would dearly love to hear your story MO of you and how you are made up. We all know you to be a unreal trader but I only can see you through a technical sense if you see what I mean. I just find these personal insights more inspirational than just looking at boring charts here and there. No problem if you won't or can't as you have done more than enough for us. :)

Pete

I would have been doomed to poverty along with my parents had they not started a business that became very successful over the years.
The generous influx of cash that came from my father allowed me to experiment with stocks, futures, options, and real estate.

My life is either a freak accident or divinely guided.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 am

Interesting MO; great question Pete. MO, can you tell us about your avatar? I've been curious about it for a while. I have my ideas, but it's hard for me to be sure. Thank you,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 am

tmanbone wrote:Interesting MO; great question Pete. MO, can you tell us about your avatar? I've been curious about it for a while. I have my ideas, but it's hard for me to be sure. Thank you,

http://mrmom.amaonline.com/images/jpg/forgiven.jpg

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take (the thorn in my flesh) away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 am

In either case, your 1,605 message posts are an amazing gift that you have decided to share with others.

I'm very thankful for your amazing generosity of time AND knowledge AND patience. :smt059

I can't wait to be able to share my knowledge to help others. (With whomever comes into the kreslik.com community absolutely; and yes, I think, even those "friends" & "family" who won't take the uncertain knowledge journey with me, but are only waiting for me to be successful so they can latch on... [-X )

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 am

TygerKrane wrote:

In either case, your 1.6K message posts are an amazing gift that you have decided to share with others.

I'm very thankful for your amazing generosity of time AND knowledge. :smt059

I can't wait to be able to share my knowledge to help others. (With whomever comes into the kreslik.com community absolutely, and I think, even those "friends" & "family" who won't take the uncertain knowledge journey with me, but are only waiting for me to be successful so they can latch on... [-X )

If you know what is good for you then you will tell no one of your success.

If your wife isn't aware of your wealth then you will die a happy man :wink:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 am

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

In either case, your 1.6K message posts are an amazing gift that you have decided to share with others.

I'm very thankful for your amazing generosity of time AND knowledge. :smt059

I can't wait to be able to share my knowledge to help others. (With whomever comes into the kreslik.com community absolutely, and I think, even those "friends" & "family" who won't take the uncertain knowledge journey with me, but are only waiting for me to be successful so they can latch on... [-X )

If you know what is good for you then you will tell no one of your success.

If your wife isn't aware of your wealth then you will die a happy man :wink:

??? :shock: is that serious or joke??? :smt064 (I'm loving these smilies BTW)

I guess, I wish to be as charitable, at the very least, of the amount which I have received.

Of course, I could just invest peoples money for them, giving them more than a bank's interest, but making much more interest for myself. (as compensation for me undertaking the risk + my time).
What do you guys think? Would that be :smt098 or :smt073 (self-destructive) or :smt077 ???

If your wife isn't aware of your wealth then you will die a happy man Wink

If she doesn't know, then I will also spend my life fighting the urge to take weekend trips to Brazil.

:twisted: + :smt061 = :smt062

:smt046

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:21 pm

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

Hi Mighty One,

Sorry MO, but I don't understand a thing what you just said..

You trade days, weeks etc. ? But am I correct that you traded off 5min chart a year back when you were posting on NLA thread here in kreslik ?

So you don't use zero lines ? Or I understood it wrong as all I can see is you applying zerolines on the chart..

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm

jarnapal wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

Hi Mighty One,

You trade days, weeks etc. ? But am I correct that you traded off 5min chart a year back when you were posting on NLA thread here in kreslik ?

So you don't use zero lines ? Or I understood it wrong as all I can see is you applying zerolines on the chart..

Use Zero Lines until you understand what is happening.

If you were sitting behind me then you would see nothing but charts that look like this:

The only time that I put lines on my charts is when posting.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm

MightyOne wrote:
jarnapal wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

Hi Mighty One,

Use Zero Lines until you understand what is happening.

If you were sitting behind me then you would see nothing but charts that look like this:

The only time that I put lines on my charts is when posting.

let me ask you a couple of q's--- as if i havent asked you 1k previous ones----

not sure you will answer them---- or i should say how much detail you will answer them in 8)

1. when you trade daily chart( whether the bars are combined or not) what timeframe do you use to enter.

2. same q for weekly monthly and yearly as above

3. i know you typically exit on extremes, but would you say you typically enter on them as well

4. do you consider a daily bars current low to be an extreme or does it have to be compared to a previous pivot low to be an extreme to you? (See black (prev. pivot) and yellow( current low) lines on chart)

5. when combining candles i know you say to use no more than 3----- is there a wrong and right way to choose which three or two you use? in the chart above you used the ones with the red lines---- why not redraw and use the blue lines-------- in this case it works out the same way, but u see what I am asking. What made you pick those three candles to use for your spatial intellect?

Momo I would think--- but where you have the lines it is throwing me for a loop

6. what would be most important to you in this last pullback pink or green lines?

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”