free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 am

Green "1 in a row" + Red "2 in a row" + Red "3 in a row" = X

Red "1 in a row" + Green "2 in a row" + Green "3 in a row" = Y

X > Y = Bearish

Y > X = Bullish

That is what is running through my head.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 am

Just to make sure im right.. your > means greater than yeah? any chance of a pic where the market is telling you this?
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:58 am

Braathen wrote:Just to make sure im right.. your > means greater than yeah? any chance of a pic where the market is telling you this?

I was just thinking that the number of single bars of one color + the double and triple in a row of the other color could be compared to vise versa to determine trend.

It is nothing at the moment :lol:

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34 am

Mightyone,
I read a couple days ago that you are done.

I'm sure you have all the money you "need" so I have nothing physically I could offer.

BUT,
I would like to say that ALL of your effort and teaching was very much appreciated by me. I can't even Imagine all the time you've spent on JUST replies to me alone.........Thinking of all the replies to others is insane.

All I can give is a THANKYOU!!!!

The many ways that you have taught to SEE the market is........
Well, How could ANYONE bitch.....unbelievable.

cya round
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm

I wanted to test MO strategy averaging the highs and lows of the 2 last 8 hours candles on Oanda.

But this platform is not so flexible like MT4, so I wrote a spreadsheet to know entry point, trade direction, TP and SL.

Data needed is the highest high and the lowest low of the two last sets of 8 hourly candles closed, the weekly open, and the current hourly open.

Open and Close prices are not required currently but I think we can improve this spreadsheet in the future and then using them to calculate body_candle_size/wicks_size ratio as MO said that this strategy works better with small wicks.

Cheers

Francisco
Attachments
MO 8H Strategy V0.9.zip
(11.43 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm

M.O. Challenge!!!

Remember the 450 to 450 game?
It appears that you will have plenty of time now to kick this one off.

Remember you said you will try to take it seriously meaning you can make it into a game.
Don't you have until Dec. to play around?
It's not like you have to make it into work by studying Monthly and weekly charts for hrs before entering into a low leveraged or cash position looking for 1000's of pips in a move.

If your only trying to get 3/6, and maybe 25 pips per entry, It could be a little fun. It might even keep your entries from getting rusty while your sipping the 1/20th.

How bout it M.O.
Show us it can be done.
I'm sure you'll garner plenty of interest!!!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:M.O. Challenge!!!

Remember the 450 to 450 game?
It appears that you will have plenty of time now to kick this one off.

Remember you said you will try to take it seriously meaning you can make it into a game.
Don't you have until Dec. to play around?
It's not like you have to make it into work by studying Monthly and weekly charts for hrs before entering into a low leveraged or cash position looking for 1000's of pips in a move.

If your only trying to get 3/6, and maybe 25 pips per entry, It could be a little fun. It might even keep your entries from getting rusty while your sipping the 1/20th.

How bout it M.O.
Show us it can be done.
I'm sure you'll garner plenty of interest!!!

Would you bring your work with you on vacation PRO? Really?

Even If I forget what a chart looks like and the market changes dramatically it will not throw me off when I return.

I decided that I didn't want to reveal my entries and strategies in that level of detail.

Consider it DEAD

Consider it a FAILURE :shock:

I really don't give a damn.

Sitting in front of a computer for 14 hours a day is not play time PRO.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Ok,

Yes, I take FX with me every where I go, (even on vacation and get in trouble for it) but once I become consistent I'm sure I'll feel the same way that 99.2% of all the successful traders do, Set and forget.

No damage in asking I hope.

On a side note:
The way you described your entries with your friend on the M1 chart and in such detail it's hard to believe that it could be watered down at all.

Remember the "real" move thing and how you calculated your stops and targets?

That seemed pretty precise to me, I may have to revisit it on demo so I can actually let the trades develop after entry instead of trading P/L column.

Kinda like the last trade of today. A darkslateblue rat that I let run while sleeping. I wake up 6hrs later to +30. I Never would have gotten 30 out of that trade while staring at the chart.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 am

prochargedmopar wrote:Ok,

Yes, I take FX with me every where I go, (even on vacation and get in trouble for it) but once I become consistent I'm sure I'll feel the same way that 99.2% of all the successful traders do, Set and forget.

On a side note:
The way you described your entries with your friend on the M1 chart and in such detail it's hard to believe that it could be watered down at all.

That seemed pretty precise to me, I may have to revisit it on demo so I can actually let the trades develop after entry instead of trading P/L column.

Kinda like the last trade of today. A darkslateblue rat that I let run while sleeping. I wake up 6hrs later to +30. I Never would have gotten 30 out of that trade while staring at the chart.

What you do not get is that I had to create different systems and strategies for you guys to grasp A LESSON on trading.

Once you understand the lesson you do not need the system because the system was purely academic.

bredin

Postby bredin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 am

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:Ok,

On a side note:

What you do not get is that I had to create different systems and strategies for you guys to grasp A LESSON on trading.

Once you understand the lesson you do not need the system because the system was purely academic.

Now Im truly humbled by your efforts to learn us stuff.

Thanks MO

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”