JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Braathen wrote:I am starting to believe that the only things that matter are:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

So im wondering where correction size comes in the picture.. i have a notion this might help me

I have been studying this idea of Mightyone and I have come to realize that it is powerful. It is actually the way we look at zlines.

We wait for a quiet time and a lot of times this can be a pivot.
We wait for a strong move away from the pivot.
We wait until the price retraces over 50% of the strong move. (IMHO 61.8% is better)
We look for an acceptable entry in this area. (Mighty Zone)
Use Higher timeframe "trend" / "color" to give direction.

simple mightyone, seems like all your teachings point to this way of thinking. Triangles, zlines, diamond of perception etc.

Aliass

Could you post a chart showing what you stated on your previous post.

Thanks a lot

JUAN

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 pm

JESGPY wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Braathen wrote:I am starting to believe that the only things that matter are:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

So im wondering where correction size comes in the picture.. i have a notion this might help me

I have been studying this idea of Mightyone and I have come to realize that it is powerful. It is actually the way we look at zlines.

We wait for a quiet time and a lot of times this can be a pivot.
We wait for a strong move away from the pivot.
We wait until the price retraces over 50% of the strong move. (IMHO 61.8% is better)
We look for an acceptable entry in this area. (Mighty Zone)
Use Higher timeframe "trend" / "color" to give direction.

simple mightyone, seems like all your teachings point to this way of thinking. Triangles, zlines, diamond of perception etc.

Aliass

Could you post a chart showing what you stated on your previous post.

Thanks a lot

JUAN

A picture of what I was talking about:
The "A" represents the bottom of the pivot and also the quiet candle
The "B" represents the top of the range and a MoMo candle
The "C" represents a correction back to the 61.8 and also getting wicked in
The "D" represents "...to infinity and beyond"

So you see we have the H1 chart then there is about an H8 chart
represented by the big peach candles. The big peach candles
show picture perfect zline trade

It also shows that the zline setup is nothing but a range and
correction along with the daily trend.

This is one way to use range and correction. Mightyone uses it
differently for his high timeframe breakouts. He looks for a small
correction and then confirms a breakout by how far it moved from
the break out.

Anyways research it for yourself and practice it a lot before you
put any real money trades on the line
Attachments
aliasrangcorrectiontrend.gif
aliasrangcorrectiontrend.gif (22.77 KiB) Viewed 3747 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks aliass.

Ill take a look at chart to study this set ups.

JUAN

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 am

Braathen wrote:Hi guys.. JP.. i was seriously "outthere" yesterday (mushroom vodka.. dont try this at home!) so have no idea why i wrote that... Anyway.. MO :)
So everything is going really well.. and i was bored waiting and reading and came across a pic u have with some mfar correction size and some enter if corretion is 30 pips or something.. and this
I am starting to believe that the only things that matter are:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

I assume you're referring to cow shrooms and not mushroom flavored vodka because that would be gross...

:lol:

If there is little or no correction then price is trending.

If there is a larger correction then price is either moving in the opposite direction or ranging.

The way that I look at it is that price is trending until it proves that it is not by correcting 1/6 of the 2 day range.

I believe that corrections determine the time frame.

By correction I mean a reversal from the highest high or lowest low that returns to the highest high or lowest low.

If you were watching a 1 minute chart and price fell 36 pips you would need to be bullish the time frame where 36 pip reversals are normal correction sizes as apposed to real moves.

franck

Postby franck » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 am

MightyOne wrote:
Braathen wrote:Hi guys.. JP.. i was seriously "outthere" yesterday (mushroom vodka.. dont try this at home!) so have no idea why i wrote that... Anyway.. MO :)
So everything is going really well.. and i was bored waiting and reading and came across a pic u have with some mfar correction size and some enter if corretion is 30 pips or something.. and this

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

I assume you're referring to cow shrooms and not mushroom flavored vodka because that would be gross...

If there is a larger correction then price is either moving in the opposite direction or ranging.

The way that I look at it is that price is trending until it proves that it is not by correcting 1/6 of the 2 day range.

By correction I mean a reversal from the highest high or lowest low that returns to the highest high or lowest low.

If you were watching a 1 minute chart and price fell 36 pips you would need to be bullish the time frame where 36 pip reversals are normal correction sizes as apposed to real moves.

1) Thanks again.
2) Corrections determine the time frame? How do i measure?
3) On trigger of trade open, it has been difficult to get "good binary option" price at below 15, at 2 strikes away. any tips? What is your average option price purchase?
* anyOne can be prOfitable tradING ANY line. see it?

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:31 am

Lol yeah the cow shrooms :) that doesnt taste great either tbh but hey!
Thanks for the tips MO. Gonna be grinding up to christmas.. hopefully it will be merry :) Thanks for all the help again... btw MO.. do u ever use fx x2 anymore?
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 am

one more thing.. do you always follow the daily/weekly candlecolour? :) :)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Humble

Postby Humble » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:03 am

MO was considering this at one stage (pg24)
"This would be a variation of high TF candle color where the distance between 61.8 and 38.2% is considered to be a thick horizontal line (above = green and vise versa).

If price opens above the line that signals strength

Price opening inside the line after strength is great position in the larger picture. "

I was applying these values to the weekly extremes for direction (ie correction or reversal) Worked well on the E/U on thursday.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:49 pm

MightyOne wrote:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

"The way that I look at it is that price is trending until it proves that it is not by correcting 1/6 of the 2 day range."

That is what I figured and SEE when I look at that price action.
Price will correct less than 38.2% (if you have normal fibs)
then it will continue on at a fast clip. During intraday I am trying to
figure out a good entry mechanic and stop loss position.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 am

franck wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

1) Thanks again.
2) Corrections determine the time frame? How do i measure?
3) On trigger of trade open, it has been difficult to get "good binary option" price at below 15, at 2 strikes away. any tips? What is your average option price purchase?

1. You're welcome
2. Don't worry about it
3. two strike out for less than 19 pips is just dandy; three strikes out you are looking for 9 pips or less.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”