free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks MO , the picture becomes clearer with each of your answers :D

Can you tell me what is meant by

"I trade the 6 hour with D1 color, 8 hour with W1 color, etc."

Is it:

1. the current Daily or weekly candle color (not closed) ?

or

2. the last closed daily or weekly candle color (closed) ?
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 am

JESGPY wrote:MO.

So according to the entry triggers you posted we need to find an option that bets that price will move in that direction.. and to make the bet interesting we have to find one that if far from 100 and near to 0 (if betting in favor of the options outcome), or a bet that says price will move toward our entry and bet against it, in this case trying to buy near 100 aiming for it to go to 0.

If i am mistaken please correct me.

Thanks for showing us this interesting idea.

JUAN

You simply need to plan everything out so that you know which strike to be interested in when the chart signals for you to enter.

If the strikes are spaced by 20 pips and price is within 10 pips of the 111.10 strike then what is your max risk if you purchase that strike?

What is the risk of purchasing a strike that is 1, 2, or 3 out?

How far does price have to move before I start making money?

How far does price have to move before I am over the strike?

Plan all this out and then trigger the strike that matches your risk/reward and size of expected move.

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:41 pm

MightyOne wrote:

So according to the entry triggers you posted we need to find an option that bets that price will move in that direction.. and to make the bet interesting we have to find one that if far from 100 and near to 0 (if betting in favor of the options outcome), or a bet that says price will move toward our entry and bet against it, in this case trying to buy near 100 aiming for it to go to 0.

JUAN

You simply need to plan everything out so that you know which strike to be interested in when the chart signals for you to enter.

If the strikes are spaced by 20 pips and price is within 10 pips of the 111.10 strike then what is your max risk if you purchase that strike?

Plan all this out and then trigger the strike that matches your risk/reward and size of expected move.

Thanks for the reply MO

I attach my charts that will show me my entry and the strikes I have available to chose from.

I will chose the strike that is inside the red rectangle. Because of all the available is the one that is most into the money.. so I will bet against it. This is the cheapeast strike available in the demo today, so it should give be the best Risk/Reward.

I should sell that option when price crosses the red line in my chart and exit at the white one hopefully.

Please any coments, they will be much appreciated.

thanks
JUAN

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:03 pm

This is just amazing.. im speechless..
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm

braathen.

Please share waht left you speechless...

JUAN

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:39 am

JESGPY wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

JUAN

Thanks for the reply MO

I attach my charts that will show me my entry and the strikes I have available to chose from.

I will chose the strike that is inside the red rectangle. Because of all the available is the one that is most into the money.. so I will bet against it. This is the cheapeast strike available in the demo today, so it should give be the best Risk/Reward.

I should sell that option when price crosses the red line in my chart and exit at the white one hopefully.

thanks
JUAN

It looks like you're are triggering a trade when price touches a strike instead of the 2 bar avrg and that wouldn't be correct.

Which strike is 10 pips away from your trigger?

How many strikes out are you trading based on range and risk?

That is all that you are doing.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 am

Hi guys.. JP.. i was seriously "outthere" yesterday (mushroom vodka.. dont try this at home!) so have no idea why i wrote that... Anyway.. MO :)
So everything is going really well.. and i was bored waiting and reading and came across a pic u have with some mfar correction size and some enter if corretion is 30 pips or something.. and this
I am starting to believe that the only things that matter are:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

So im wondering where correction size comes in the picture.. i have a notion this might help me
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am

MightyOne wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

JUAN

Thanks for the reply MO

thanks
JUAN

It looks like you're are triggering a trade when price touches a strike instead of the 2 bar avrg and that wouldn't be correct.

Which strike is 10 pips away from your trigger?

How many strikes out are you trading based on range and risk?

That is all that you are doing.

MO

I trigger my trade when price is at the first line of the 2 bar average.

I am having trouble selecting which strike price to use . I dont have much options on IG Markerts Demo.
But I should try to use a strike price that bets that price will remain above(going long) or below(going short) of my 2 bar average trigger line.

Can you help me calculate how many strikes out I should play based on range and risk. Can you give use 1 more example.

Thanks

JUAN

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Braathen wrote:I am starting to believe that the only things that matter are:

1. Range

2. Correction Size

&

3. Color

So im wondering where correction size comes in the picture.. i have a notion this might help me

I have been studying this idea of Mightyone and I have come to realize that it is powerful. It is actually the way we look at zlines.

We wait for a quiet time and a lot of times this can be a pivot.
We wait for a strong move away from the pivot.
We wait until the price retraces over 50% of the strong move. (IMHO 61.8% is better)
We look for an acceptable entry in this area. (Mighty Zone)
Use Higher timeframe "trend" / "color" to give direction.

simple mightyone, seems like all your teachings point to this way of thinking. Triangles, zlines, diamond of perception etc.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 am

Let see if I understood:

Week candle Green -> Buy

If entry point ( 1.6673) is reached we buy:

SL lower than (-1/6 avr. range of 2 former H8 candles from open) 1.6652
TP 3 times SL -> 3*(1.6673-1.6652)+1.6673= 1.6736

With binary options the strike would be 1.6720 (but in the spanish IG Market webpage it's not available, just 1.6680 1.6700 1.6740 1.6780)

Please MO can you tell me if I'm in the right track?

Cheers

Francisco
Last edited by frang0nve on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”