MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

so..

Postby Braathen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 am

So i found a few of Jack Schwagers books free (need to make money before i can spend it) on some site and ill get stuck in tonight. Also made my one and only trade so far today on the EU .. drew up some lines.. had the whole two candles beside each other = wick thingy in my head.. whatever i did it worked :twisted: since my goal atm is 20 pips a day ill start the weekends studying now and call it a day

"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Re: so..

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:32 am

Braathen wrote:So i found a few of Jack Schwagers books free (need to make money before i can spend it) on some site and ill get stuck in tonight. Also made my one and only trade so far today on the EU .. drew up some lines.. had the whole two candles beside each other = wick thingy in my head.. whatever i did it worked :twisted: since my goal atm is 20 pips a day ill start the weekends studying now and call it a day

Congrats on the win :smt041

Try and keep your triangles at 15-20*

I do not require bounces to define a triangle.

Step outside the box --->

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:58 am

Thanks very much MO :)

Try and keep your triangles at 15-20*
I do not require bounces to define a triangle.
Step outside the box --->

so i made my last trade a bit diffrent in the setup after reading what u said.
This might be a bit closer to what u ment by not needing a bounce to define the triangle.. and i used 15* lines instead of just my "eyeball trendline" .. to the last one "step outside the box" i guess u could mean alot of things.. my guess is something like there are no 2 same trades.. step out the box and see what is happening this time? anyway.. thanks again for words of wisdom

"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

***FX-JEDI***

Postby ***FX-JEDI*** » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

I thought that I would answer your questions with a more in depth chart.

This is the eye-pattern that I use when analyzing a chart:

1-2-3-4: Compare to non-momentum
A-B-C-D: Compare to momentum
Remember everything for later use

A non-momentum price leg or slow anything feels for a better price to enter in the opposite direction

In the second picture 4. should be read: Short Momentum Extended

Hi MO,

Thanks for the in depth pics & further posts, I appreciate the time you take out of your day for us, I am going on holidays from today for 10 days, so I will be doing some studying up on your posts, when I have some free time. I will also go have a look at what you recommend to read. I have like 2 gigabytes of forex literature I know I got some elliot wave stuff in there, I'll see what else I have..lol .

By the way i do not want to be an average trader.. I'll do what it takes to be a GREAT trader, a Master of the Markets.. I did not become the Australian National Aerobatic Champion by pushing a few buttons... 8) hehe.. but I did have a damn good instructor, something which is hard to find in the trading world, so whatever you throw up on this site I will do my best to understand it applied it to my trading..

Cheers :D
Its better to be out of the market wishing you were in,
then being in the market wishing you were out.....

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:35 pm

***FX-JEDI*** wrote:I thought that I would answer your questions with a more in depth chart.

This is the eye-pattern that I use when analyzing a chart:

1-2-3-4: Compare to non-momentum
A-B-C-D: Compare to momentum
Remember everything for later use

A non-momentum price leg or slow anything feels for a better price to enter in the opposite direction

In the second picture 4. should be read: Short Momentum Extended

Hi MO,

Thanks for the in depth pics & further posts, I appreciate the time you take out of your day for us, I am going on holidays from today for 10 days, so I will be doing some studying up on your posts, when I have some free time. I will also go have a look at what you recommend to read. I have like 2 gigabytes of forex literature I know I got some elliot wave stuff in there, I'll see what else I have..lol .

By the way i do not want to be an average trader.. I'll do what it takes to be a GREAT trader, a Master of the Markets.. I did not become the Australian National Aerobatic Champion by pushing a few buttons... 8) hehe.. but I did have a damn good instructor, something which is hard to find in the trading world, so whatever you throw up on this site I will do my best to understand it applied it to my trading..

Cheers :D

If you just remember that the 1-2 triangle is always away from the extremes then you will count well enough to know which way to trade.

That said, there is nothing wrong with taking the 3-4 triangle off of the larger cone formation that I am sure you can see in the attached pic.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 pm

The blue #'s and the Big #3 are of most importance!!!!
In my mind.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:16 pm

I guess a little like this for the 1-2 breakout
I used a 1 Hour Zline as a Take Profit Level
Attachments
aliasgbpusdoct9.gif
aliasgbpusdoct9.gif (8.24 KiB) Viewed 3514 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Braathen

so.. erm

Postby Braathen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:47 pm

I COULDNT STAY AWAY! so these angle lines turned out to be a 15* downward channel too.. got in short for a quick 18 pips.. really happy about todays outcome.. 2 trades 2 wins and 42 pips!

MO-

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm

The cone widened & no trader (who is out of bed) is left alive with profit ;)

Not convinced enough to go long...
maybe 4650

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I am not trying to get you guys/gals to stop what you are doing and trade triangles.
I only wanted to show you yet another thing that may fit with your personality.

I have so many trading methods that we could do something new each month for years to come.

It is best to stick with one method and later add another that works better in a different market condition.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”