lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Hey Dragon,
Here's your chart where I made some comments.

The red circles show the points where at some point there were #2 or #3 values, before they were broken out. The question is weather you are alert to try to trade on the break out of the body of each one?

The second note is where your entry is... questioning weather you trade at the break out of the line in the very first candle, or wait till the next one to wick the line after price crossed it, and enter in that small retrace (in this case in the long bullish candle).

Thanks in advance.

dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
dragon33 wrote:This should be an answer to a lot of people who are struggling with the entry and the SL.

Lets start with a picture!

Lets say you are entering with a limit order at the 50% section of the H4 candle from where the lines are starting. That way you are entering without any view what price will do next!!! This is told several times but for those who don't have the discipline to wait put your SL at the bottom or the 0% section!!!

On the next picture i will give you other possibilities.

The white lines on this picture are the same as on previous picture drawn on the H4 chart. The red lines are the new analysis!
Now you can see what would have happened if you got in with a limit. It depends on what for trader you are if you like this or not!! I don't!!

The first blue candle gives you a hint of a possible change but you need to see first some things befor that candle will hold! Let that candle close and see what happen next. Put a line at the 50% area and if price hit that line and run away in the direction you want be ready to enter at body close or high!!! You will make pips immediately. Put your SL at the bottom of the candle with the drawings on!!! If the SL is bigger then 20 take it at your own risk. This was 18 pips. Lets tune the SL.

Now you can see how it is possible to tune the SL. You could have entered with a SL of just 8 pips and when you look up that was a nice RR ;-)
For targeting another difficult part. Every previous H1 open, close or 50% area is a possible stoppoint so be ready to close and try to reenter.

Dragon

is this trade correct acording to your explanation I quoted above

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

Yes but try to make your entry after price came back. So you have your entry candle. wait for price to come back and then you enter. It is less drawdown
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm

adaseb wrote:Image

Went 25 pips down and then reversed and managed to get out at -10 when it closed again me.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 pm

JESGPY wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
dragon33 wrote:This should be an answer to a lot of people who are struggling with the entry and the SL.

Lets say you are entering with a limit order at the 50% section of the H4 candle from where the lines are starting. That way you are entering without any view what price will do next!!! This is told several times but for those who don't have the discipline to wait put your SL at the bottom or the 0% section!!!

The white lines on this picture are the same as on previous picture drawn on the H4 chart. The red lines are the new analysis!
Now you can see what would have happened if you got in with a limit. It depends on what for trader you are if you like this or not!! I don't!!

The first blue candle gives you a hint of a possible change but you need to see first some things befor that candle will hold! Let that candle close and see what happen next. Put a line at the 50% area and if price hit that line and run away in the direction you want be ready to enter at body close or high!!! You will make pips immediately. Put your SL at the bottom of the candle with the drawings on!!! If the SL is bigger then 20 take it at your own risk. This was 18 pips. Lets tune the SL.

Now you can see how it is possible to tune the SL. You could have entered with a SL of just 8 pips and when you look up that was a nice RR ;-)
For targeting another difficult part. Every previous H1 open, close or 50% area is a possible stoppoint so be ready to close and try to reenter.

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

Yes but try to make your entry after price came back. So you have your entry candle. wait for price to come back and then you enter. It is less drawdown

Is a better place and time?

JUAN

This is the same chart but M15 and see what happens. I did traded the M5 before but since i switched to M15 i have less mistakes.

Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 pm

So you entered at the white line after it pulled back??

dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

JUAN

This is the same chart but M15 and see what happens. I did traded the M5 before but since i switched to M15 i have less mistakes.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 pm

cfabian wrote:Hey Dragon,

The red circles show the points where at some point there were #2 or #3 values, before they were broken out. The question is weather you are alert to try to trade on the break out of the body of each one?

The second note is where your entry is... questioning weather you trade at the break out of the line in the very first candle, or wait till the next one to wick the line after price crossed it, and enter in that small retrace (in this case in the long bullish candle).

Thanks in advance.

dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

The points with the red circles are places where you can think of making an entry but it is you who decide to enter or not. What i do is pointing out where i would like to enter with high probability. This is drawn in yellow.

The entry i showed is very agressive and i don't recommend doing that. In the picture below you can see the right entry where i was talking about before. It is better to wait untill you see reverse, read other color, before you take the trade in another direction. That's just my experience. The entry place was also a double bottom visible on H4, H1 and even on M15 if you had a 22" screen.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm

adaseb wrote:So you entered at the white line after it pulled back??

dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

JUAN

Yes that is correct. This is what i like to see but sometimes it happens on the same candle. Small pullback and then woops price moves up.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 am

rushN4 wrote:
pablo101 wrote:anyone finding it tricky today or is it me? :(

hey pabolo101

you are not alone. yesterday was not a good day for me , and today look the same. :roll:

Thanks Rush, GU was nasty yesterday, long wicks here and there on the 1 hour. In the back of my head I was waiting for price to get down to a level before for a safe-ish reversal long but I was really impatient and traded everything, still work in progress :(

I had some losers but overall up in pips but still a struggle to get there
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 am

JESGPY wrote:

JESGPY, can u explain why you draw the three blue lines on your 5 min chart like that? I think I understand the top and bottom but not the middle. Thanks.

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 am

adaseb wrote:
adaseb wrote:Image

Went 25 pips down and then reversed and managed to get out at -10 when it closed again me.

:cry:

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 am

dragon33 wrote:
cfabian wrote:Hey Dragon,

Thanks in advance.

dragon33 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:

Dragon

1h Mo Zone

5m entry of 1h MO zone

Thanks for your feedback

JUAN

The points with the red circles are places where you can think of making an entry but it is you who decide to enter or not. What i do is pointing out where i would like to enter with high probability. This is drawn in yellow.

The entry i showed is very agressive and i don't recommend doing that. In the picture below you can see the right entry where i was talking about before. It is better to wait untill you see reverse, read other color, before you take the trade in another direction. That's just my experience. The entry place was also a double bottom visible on H4, H1 and even on M15 if you had a 22" screen.

These entries are nicely explained, thank you!

Nice trading btw :)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”